Rap You're Liking

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    ketan said:

what do people think of this?:

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    for the first time in about 15yrs I pulled out Doggystyle, its like listening to it for the first time again...reminds me of how dope I thought it was when I first heard it, been killing it lately.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    for the first time in about 15yrs I pulled out Doggystyle, its like listening to it for the first time again...reminds me of how dope I thought it was when I first heard it, been killing it lately.

Did you hear Snoop's "anniversary mix" from 2013? It's great and, yeah, brought some great memories.

Hath dropped:

Also, Q was on Whoolywood Shuffle this weekend and played a bunch of new tunes from Oxymoron that were crazy.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    ketan said:
    dj_cityboy said:

Did you hear Snoop's "anniversary mix" from 2013? It's great and, yeah, brought some great memories.

DOPE!! I have not seen or heard this, thanks yo...

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

The Isaiah Rashad album (Cilvia Demo) is really good. While the Shot You Down remix is still the best thing in ages, the whole album is really growing on me... very cohesive.

Waka Flocka hanging with the common folk last night in Austin...

• Wakka's people stole one of the DJs laptops LOL

Grandfather said:
    Wakka's people stole one of the DJs laptops LOL

Yep. My dude Miguel got jacked.

Gary Clark Jr. freestyling to 25 Lighters at his Grammy celebration party Saturday night...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202920730197591

Not that this is any sort of new revelation, but gotdamn these 2 dudes can rap their asses off...

Came home drunk last night and listened to these 2 albums for the first time in a while and it was like discovering them for the first time all over again. Timeless, innovative gangsta ish.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Noz has brought back Cocaine Blunts for who knows how long, and he's revived his Recent Adds feature as well. Of all the tunes he chose to highlight, this one grabbed me straight away. Sounds really good loud.

^ Ooooh, that's nice

• anyone post this?

downloaded the tape this am and it's pretty damn good. gotta go back to the first tape which people tell me is better but I never spent too much time with.

This is insane.

• DocMcCoy said:
    This is insane.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    anyone post this?

downloaded the tape this am and it's pretty damn good. gotta go back to the first tape which people tell me is better but I never spent too much time with.

Just a heads up that Sunday School 2 is now available on 2LP from the UK. There is also a Japanese run with OBI available over there.

My copy arrived yesterday and it sounds really good. The label is going to try and get Sunday School out as well.

Might be a bit expensive for folks stateside but here is the link:

http://daupe.bandcamp.com/

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I still listen to the first one, but was pretty underwhelmed by Sunday School 2. If they release the first one on vinyl, that will make my year - I would love to play Made It out.

I also still listen to this ep from 2011.

http://www.datpiff.com/Tree-The-Tree-Ep-mixtape.277915.html

It looks like he put out an ep recently through Scion lol, have to get to it still myself.

https://soundcloud.com/scionav/sets/tree

bassie said:
    I still listen to the first one, but was pretty underwhelmed by Sunday School 2. If they release the first one on vinyl, that will make my year - I would love to play Made It out.

I also still listen to this ep from 2011.

http://www.datpiff.com/Tree-The-Tree-Ep-mixtape.277915.html

It looks like he put out an ep recently through Scion lol, have to get to it still myself.

https://soundcloud.com/scionav/sets/tree

The Scion EP is really good, very different from his other stuff - the beats are kind of stripped-back, ratchet sounding. I haven't d/l'ed it yet, as it's been bowdlerised a little so's not to taint the image of the brand. There might be a dirty version around by now, though.

I agree with you about Sunday School 2 - it was good, but not quite as startling as the first one.

This bangs. West Coast doing it to death already this year.

ScHoolboy Q album has leaked too. Only listened to it once, but I think this one's going to be a slow burner.

DocMcCoy said:

ScHoolboy Q album has leaked too. Only listened to it once, but I think this one's going to be a slow burner.

Incredible album. Pharrell aping Juve. STUDIO. Kurupt killed it on The Purge.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The beat change at 1:53 is great.

The mockney gangsta voice isn't from an actual Guy Ritchie film is it?
    "Nah remember son, I'm the monkey and you're the cheese grater"

:killin_it:

The best mid-90's, Wu Tang-influenced rap outta Houston you've never heard before...

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    The new Black Milk E.P. 'Glitches In The Break' is

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    The schoolboy q tape is hot, that new sparkmaster is hot, that black milk is hot too