World Cup sh*t tawk

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    I think both games today will be amazing. My predictions:

France 4 x 2 Germany

Brasil 3 x 2 Colombia

I could be totally wrong on both though.

• 3-2 Germany over France
    2-2 Brazil over Columbia in pennos, with the tournaments first call for a keeper not keeping the line against Columbia leading to the W.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Fuck, I'm teaching during the France v Germany game, but will be watching Brasil v Colombia.

I think if France beat Germany, they'll win the whole thing. Ideally I'd like the final to be contested by Colombia & Costa Rica as neither team have ever got that far... and more Sloth Kong pix.

France to win 3-1, Colombia to win 2-0.

vintageinfants said:
    3-2 Germany over France

would you say France is going to feel the brunt of the nationalmannschaft?

• ppadilha said:
    vintageinfants said:
    3-2 Germany over France

would you say France is going to feel the brunt of the nationalmannschaft?

it extends well beyond Le Coq Sportif a la France

• I'm expecting extra time in the first game - hoping we get the great game the tournament deserves.

Hoping Colombia play as well as they can and don't wilt under the pressure. If so, it could be an easy ride for them.

• mannschaft > coq sportif

What a wet noodle that game turned out to be. Fucking cheese eating surrender monkeys.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    2 - 0 Brazil

The ref in this game has been terrible.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    too many steroids in this game

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Colombia got hosed

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Lamont said:
    too many steroids in this game

• I gof real drunk today and made the evening news

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    I gof real drunk today and made the evening news

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Combination of dreadful ref, steroid psychosis antics, Neymar out and home side breaks, and this WC is in danger of petering out to a damp squib at the end.
    Lets hope for some fireworks today.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts

I hardly ever give a damn about soccer but really keeping my fingers crossed for the Ticos today.

• Okem said:
    vintageinfants said:

edit: this isn't me. natch.

• too much love for tim...

• Frank said:

I hardly ever give a damn about soccer but really keeping my fingers crossed for the Ticos today.

are there more than one person making these? they're actually my favorite thing about this world cup

vintageinfants said:

Fucking LOL!

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    Frank said:

are there more than one person making these? they're actually my favorite thing about this world cup

I guess they are made by the same person. They all originate from the Tico Times online and print newspaper http://www.ticotimes.net/ first English speaking news source in Costa Rica since 1956.

Let's hope there will be plenty more to come!

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    Aura of danger around Messi worked a treat, although the game wasn't easy on the eyes. Too bad Hazard couldn't live up to his PL standard in a single game.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZabella

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    So in two hours either my home country is out, or Sloth Kong gets defeated. I can't win!

Sneijder's freekick just reminded me about David Luiz's screamer for Brasil yesterday - I find it incredible that he got that much power kicking the ball with his instep!

• vintageinfants said:

OK, this is not a classic, but I think Costa Rica might nick it at the end.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Radical last minute goal line heroics was awesome

Yeah, that bit was very good, but it reminded me of this

forgive me father for i have sinned...

..."go on" says the priest. "I swore the other day" says the man. "continue" says the priest. "I was on the golf course the other day and i hit my drive, it was looking perfect, heading dead straight. About 200 yards down my ball hit a power line crossing the fairway". "and this is when you swore?" asked the priest. "No father, my ball then ricocheted of the power lines and flew off into the deep rough" continued the man. "this must have been when you swore?" the priest exclaimed. "No father, not yet. As i was walking over to the rough to hit my second shot a hawk flew down from the trees, picked my ball up in his beak and proceeded to fly off with it" continued the man. "Ahhh I see" says the priest "this must have been the point where you swore" "Nope not yet, as the bird flew over the green the ball fell from its mouth and landed two feet from the hole" The priest pauses for a few seconds "you missed the fucking putt didn't you?".