Post a Record You Like Because You Like It

13»

Comments

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    Gary said:

I didn't know Eddie Vedder sang Nazi opera.

"i'm going hoongrry"

speaking of krauts, this kraan album has been getting some serious play around here, my girl actually hid it in the stacks because it was driving her mental:

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    dollar bin come up from yesterday, could go either way looking at the cover, but after the first few bars, pretty sure it will rate over average on the like-o-meter..

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    bassie said:
    Chris Cummings yea!!

I bought this in spain to find out, that "Tryin' Times" is missing on the spanish pressing. :shitty: The whole album is falling apart without that song.

That's my album for today:

Heatwave - Central Heating

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    A compilation of Wagner greats called Mein Compf

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

Their strongest album, although the other sets come to life when seen live. Worth it just for Kim Clarke's bass.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    Gary said:
    A compilation of Wagner greats called Mein Compf

well played, sir.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Essential
    Attached files

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

I bought this last year.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    this turned out to be very like able, took a chance on it for under a buck, public library copy, but in clean condition, clueless to what was on it, a bit oldschool zappa/mothers prog ish, louisiana based experimental band which collected and incorporated tapes and sound recordings into their music, proto sampling, from 1974, even sampled and reworked the cover from meet the beatles and were sued, therefor the 2nd press (the one i pulled) were a totally different design, would have prefered the orig haha, still a ok catch though

• PoljakovPoljakov 21 Posts

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    This tune is surprisingly catchy. DJ buddy played it night to great effect. From 2002 Orlando?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Been trying to get a clean copy. I love this.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    bassie said:
    Been trying to get a clean copy. I love this.

Love this LP too. Mine is also thrashed!

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts

Really love this lately, big up Deejay OM for putting me up on it...

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    What is that?

edit: found it, do you have anything to hear?

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    toby.d said:
    What is that?

edit: found it, do you have anything to hear?

I did rip it to wav's. PM me your email, I'll send it to you.

• tech12ztech12z 56 Posts
    stratasphere said:
    Essential

That shit is SO GOOD. Lost it to water damage, but it'll be mine again, eventually.

Moved this to the "for keeps" section today:

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I revisited this LP recently and loved it:

I'm telling you, I haven't been moved so much by an LP in a long time. Funny enough, the music is from the 'so-called' awful 80s decade of music. I heartily disagree with this narrow-minded characterization of the 80s, and I've attempted to actively refute it through a number of my mixes (e.g., "Let Your Body Move," "Get Up and Boogie," etc.). Hell, there's been shitty music released during every decade known to man. As we know here at Soul Strut, you have to listen to a variety of music to find the hidden gems.

P.S. I had the SERIOUS Lisa Coleman crush back then (only to have my heart broken, as if I would've had a shot at her, yeah right!)! I didn't know that she's percussionist Gary Coleman's daughter. :latte:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    bassie said:

"Varietyyyyyyyyyyy, is the spice of liiiiiiiiiiiiiiife..." Nuff said!!! Great record. From the "Smokin' LP check out this joint:

It's the close-out joint on my "Silky Smooth" mix: http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php?/mixes/indepth/silky_smooth/

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak