Comments

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    YES!!

fire away

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I like cats but my allergies say otherwise :(

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Nice cat.
    Do what he says and every thing will be fine.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    That's a regal-lookin' animal right there.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

"Yea, I guess that chair should go there."

She's lovely! (The link never worked)

A brush is essential- especially with the hot weather coming. Some cats HATE being brushed, others love it. Good luck.

There are a lot of brushes out there, I like these two styles the best.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    bassie said:

What's this model of "brush" called? The Guantanamo?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I copped a brush and brush her everyday. She's cool.

Backstory:

Marilyn was dropped off at the shelter/adoption space by somebody. She was under a year old and was still loaded w/ milk.
    Apparently she had recently gave birth. I dont know the previous owners story so I can only speculate.

I caught the buzz for a cat and saw her photo online. Trooped out to Long Island and went through the procedures to acquire her.

She hid for the first two hours when she got my apt, and was chillin' on my lap by the end of the night.

Doesnt meow alot and likes to bite/nip while being stroked sometimes. She rolls on her back and it seems she wants to play. She'll bite my wrist and shit. Whatever.

She's a little fat so I gotta regulate her portions and shit.
    Copped a scratching post and she dont fuck w/ it.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    @TheRealMissZoraNy
    "I can't believe it. That fake ass Ms Whiskers gets adopted by that swanky couple with the penthouse overlooking Central P and I end up with this comic book dude who either can't spell or is "clever." Looks like the kind of dude who'd dress up in a cheap ass Spider-Man outfit for a bunch of old broads at a party. He's into cooking, but watch this motherfucker just scoop me out some kibble and rarely change my shit box. Fuck! #nyaintthesame #hardtimes #catlife #whoamikiddingijustlayaroundalldayanyway"

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    After I type that up, he comes with the nice back story.

She's a nice looking cat and seems like she's already taken to you, which must be a good sign for the future.

I just like the idea of cats on twitter.

Controller_7 said:
    @TheRealMissZoraNy
    "I can't believe it. That fake ass Ms Whiskers gets adopted by that swanky couple with the penthouse overlooking Central P and I end up with this comic book dude who either can't spell or is "clever." Looks like the kind of dude who'd dress up in a cheap ass Spider-Man outfit for a bunch of old broads at a party. He's into cooking, but watch this motherfucker just scoop me out some kibble and rarely change my shit box. Fuck! #nyaintthesame #hardtimes #catlife #whoamikiddingijustlayaroundalldayanyway"

Thats funny.

I have this idea that all cats like fish, like a Tom and Jerry cartoon, so ive copped a gang of fish themed cat-food.
    Dry and wet.

And my new favorite store is now PETCO. Holy fuckin' shit.

Mad selection YO!

HarveyCanal said:
    bassie said:

lmho - It's called a shedding blade.

After going through three other brushes that had my cat trying to chew my hand off, this is the only one she'll put up with. She's a long hair and this gets rid of a lot in the short period of time her patience lasts.

whats your cats diet?

and does anyone try raw food?

Tablespoon of wet food every night - Merrick, Wellness or Natural Balance brands
    Bowl of dry food - Orijen, Holistic Blend or Acana brands
    Fresh water every day

This cat I live with now, you can leave food in the bowl and she will self-regulate. I used to have a cat that would eat the whole bowl, barf it all up and then the other cat would eat the barf. So there had to be multiple daily feedings with careful amounts...which also meant 4am wake-up calls by banging cabinet doors open and shut, knocking shit off counters and dressers and meowing like death was gripping their tiny furry throats. Which it was not.

I just copped a couple of cans of merrick that i never saw at my local supermarket.

Cowboy cookout, surf turf pate, turducken, and Grammy pot pie.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts

HarveyCanal said:
    bassie said:

I love our shed blade. Originally designed for horses I think. Does a great job on dogs or cats and gets the undercoat.

b/w

Bassie's cats get the good food. Our pet shop dropped Wellness on some quality control issue. I think the brand we use now is called Great Life. Orjem is real nice, but expensive.

I think raw food is stupid.

batmon said:
    I just copped a couple of cans of merrick that i never saw at my local supermarket.

Cowboy cookout, surf turf pate, turducken, and Grammy pot pie.

lol yup. She won't fuck with the chunky stuff though, only the p├ót├®-y smooth stuff.

LaserWolf said:
    I think raw food is stupid.

processed > natural?

I saw some lady lightly roast some chicken and blend it with some nutrients packet.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    When cats roll on their backs and expose their tummies, this IS NOT an invitation for you to stroke or touch them there, cats pretty much hate that. In fact, it is a sign of the fact that they are comfortable with you and you are breaking that trust by trying to stroke them like that. Stick to their backs, back of the kneck & head.

Okem said:
    When cats roll on their backs and expose their tummies, this IS NOT an invitation for you to stroke or touch them there, cats pretty much hate that. In fact, it is a sign of the fact that they are comfortable with you and you are breaking that trust by trying to stroke them like that. Stick to their backs, back of the kneck & head.

Noted

Okem said:

I thought it meant, please stroke my stomach so I can grab your arm with my front legs and kick with my back legs and reduce your hand to a bloody stump.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Okem said:

It is a sign of them being comfortable, but it`ll still vary from cat to cat. That is a passive position, but it`s also quickly turned to play and wrestle position.

While females have fewer urinary issues than males, i`d still recommend a water fountain for her. It may sound silly, but it can encourage healthy drinking.

Make sure you keep her litter clean.

Very happy for you and your new friend. She`s beautiful

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Also. If it's an indoor cat that needs exercise and a release for it's hunting instincts, buy a cheap lazer pointer and have endless fun watching your cat trying to catch that little red dot.

Okem said:
    Also. If it's an indoor cat that needs exercise and a release for it's hunting instincts, buy a cheap lazer pointer and have endless fun watching your cat trying to catch that little red dot.

yes...thats been a main concern, getting her exercize.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Cat is one of the few animals that I haven't eaten.

Yet

Gary said:

Yet

insert obvious joke

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Gary said:

Yet

Years ago my (ex) girl and I went to get dinner at our go-to Chinese joint around the corner in the East Village, only to discover that it had been shut down by the Board Of Health. The next day I read in the paper that they had been found with a freezer full of dead cats. This prompted the discussion "what was in that hot and sour soup?" It wasn't pork, wasn't chicken.

Uh oh...

Sounds like an urban legend to me.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Chinese baking soda!

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Sounds like an urban legend to me.

What's a legend to you is another day in the life for me.

Deal.