May Finds

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited May 2014 in Strut Central
Copped the Arthurs Adams and bobby hutcherson from Breakaway Recs in Austin. The rest are LA. Took a chance on that Roger Clements and it paid off. Dope jazz-fusion on the last track.

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Some gap fillers and a few dollar impulse pick ups at the Pasadena Swap meet on Sunday: JB's "Get On The Good Foot" and "Say It Loud", Mystic Moods "Clear Light", Zoo S/T, Charles Wright "Doing What Comes Naturally", Leslie Drayton and Rosalie Sorrel records just to sample and Aerosmith's "Rocks"

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Astrud Gilberto
    Astrud 002
    Astrud 004
    This might be Astrud's rarest, but it is not her best.
    The Eastern Theme is ez string sound from the mid 60s. On a few cuts Astrud adds some soft vocals.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts

MDA what is good? I have had none of those ever.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

• HumanacatHumanacat 177 Posts
    I haven't posted finds in a long time been busy in the semi adult world. Here is a combination of cheap finds, trades, and purchases since early March. I've been very happy to trade in some of the weird LPs that i purchased over the past few years to get some new ones that will definitely get played on the reg. Thanks to New York Homey Paycheck for Preston Love, Fatback Band, S.O.U.L., and the Exciters. He had so much amazing schitt when i was in there and I had to chose carefully. The best and cheapest find of this lot is the Change of Pace LP, bring my buddies back, a sweet soul anti war LP that was sitting in a pile of chud at a local goodwill.

Change Of Pace - People

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Some more basic shit, and the reish as of late. I haven't listened to every P-Funk record, but don't think I needed that Sweat Band...all starts sounding the same after a few recs...

• Yesterday I hit up my first flea market in four weeks (who knew having a baby could REALLY put a damper on digging for records?) and while I wouldn't say I made up for the lost time it was a pretty good morning:

Tico had some great lp covers.
    I'd like to see Tico cover book. Or just find all the Tico records in great shape.

Records 015
    Records 009

Day Star is ungoogleable with a nice synth break down and some funky bass lines.

• KidProcrassKidProcrass 107 Posts
    Today was a good day! The new P just came in the mail (finally), Splurged on The Box set since i missed out by a few minutes when it came out. 45 was a cheap ebay cop of Shuggie Otis Inspiration InformationAht uh mi hed and The Loni Gamble is a pretty cool story. Years ago when i started diggin i came up on about 4 copies within a month of so. Wasnt really into Modern soul back then and ended up selling them like a idiot for 1-2$ to record shops thinking it was just some common record. :nagl:

Well last night i'm at a friends house just going through a stack of records i unloaded on him years ago and im talking to him about this record that has eluded me ever since and lo and behold i come across a minty copy. He was nice enough to let me have it even after looking it up on popsike.