Peanut Butter Wolf LIVE @ DISCOTHEQUE CHICAGO tracklist

upaboveupabove 14 Posts
edited March 2014 in Strut Central
Hi everyone,

I am new to this site and came here because I'm trying to compile a tracklist for Peanut Butter Wolf's mix at Discotheque Chicago.

I chose this site because I've seend tracklists being compiled here for other mixes, e.g. Dj Nuts' Arthur Verocai mix.

I have already managed to fill in half of the tracklist. Here's what I have so far:

1. Prince - Just as long as we're together
2. Tom Tom Club - Wordly rappin hood
3. BBQ Band - Imagination
4. ?
5. ?
6. ?
7. Luther Davis Group - You can be a star
8 . Time - The stick
9. ?
10. Dam funk - whenimwithyou
11. Tony Cook - On the floor
12. klein&mbo; - Dirty talk
13. ?
14. ?
15. ?
16. ?
17. ?
18 . ?
19. Tyree feat Chic - I fear the night
20. ?
21. Grand master lover - the legend of the grand master lover

I was wondering if someone could help out with the rest?

Thanks!

Comments

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    HI THERE

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    first post questions
    oops!

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    B/W - I'm going to rip off Peanut Butter Wolf's mix at a wedding this weekend. Can you guys do all the work for me?

• upaboveupabove 14 Posts
    I didn't ask you to do all the job for me, I already did half.

Indeed I am new to this site, but the reason I came here is because I've seen tracklists being filled in for dj nuts or madlib mixes on this site.

I apologize if this is not allowed here.

• Dude's boogie/moder sol/electo funk etc mixes don't hold weight to his buddy dam-funk's mixes.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

Who's talking about comparing pbw and dam funk or anyone else?

Instead of posting pictures I cannot understand why can't you say explicitly: this forum is not for compiling tracklists, because... and then I can delete this post.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    upabove said:

Instead of posting pictures I cannot understand can you say explicitly: this forum is not for compiling tracklists, because... and then I can delete this post.

You could always try asking nicely.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Post one of your mixes and or beats or you're baby thighs...

Flomotion said:
    upabove said:

Instead of posting pictures I cannot understand can you say explicitly: this forum is not for compiling tracklists, because... and then I can delete this post.

You could always try asking nicely.

I think I was nice in the beginning, but now I am a bit puzzled by the responses I get here. Did I do something wrong?
    And I'm sorry but I don't really get these gifs and 'funny' comments. As I said before I've seen tracklists being compiled for other mixes I don't see the difference.

Instead of another nice gif can someone explain?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Please, thanks, Hi, I'm... etc. might help since nobody knows you here.

I have edited my original question. I really didn't know that this was such a closed community. Sorry. I hope my edit resolves the issue and we can start from scratch.

• so what you're saying is that you didn't take any small amount of time to read what type of place you were posting to? you only saw it as an avenue to outsource your musical quandaries to?

i'm shocked the response wasn't more positive.

Yes that's right, I didn't take the time to read about what kind of community this is.

Instead I have used the fact that I have seen tracklists being compiled here before to infer that this might be a good place to ask such a question.

I am sorry.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    upabove said:

I am sorry.

You goddamn well should be...

upabove said:
    I have edited my original question. I really didn't know that this was such a closed community. Sorry. I hope my edit resolves the issue and we can start from scratch.

Everybody gets clowned if their first post is "give me something". I'm just bored at work. Give me a high quality rip of "The Family Tree : God Is Big Enough" and I'll help.

upabove said:
    Yes that's right, I didn't take the time to read about what kind of community this is.

Instead I have used the fact that I have seen tracklists being compiled here before to infer that this might be a good place to ask such a question.

I am sorry.

It's just when your first post is asking us to give you something for nothing we feel cheap and dirty and used. DJ's and record collectors already have enough of a complex.

Ok, I understand.

I am happy to help or become part of the community.
    I cannot give a good quality rip of 'family tree', but I have a lot of brasilian records, maybe I can help with that.

Perhaps someone could suggest what other things I could help with?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Thriller or Off the Wall?

Don't have those either.

Perhaps I can offer old stonesthrow podcasts which are no longer available for download?
    Is anyone interested in that? I can put up a list then.

• odDioodDio 5 Posts
    upabove said:
    Don't have those either.

Perhaps I can offer old stonesthrow podcasts which are no longer available for download?

Best Thriller v. OTW answer ever?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    ha ha ha...yes you have walked into an elitist community of record listeners, there's a good chance your list isn't going to get filled out though, someone might come along and randomly give up the info, but chances are you'll need to create a "hi I'm new here" post and tell people whether you like the album thriller or off the wall, and set you avatar to Leo Sayers - Endless Flight album cover..people will purposely fuck with you, so don't bother trying to defend yourself really - i'll be honest with you, chances are it will only get worse. (as you can see)

**people are mad knowledgeable and know their shit though and will usually be willing to help once you get past the tenderoni stage..good luck and brace yourself..

upabove said:
    Ok, I understand.

I am happy to help or become part of the community.
    I cannot give a good quality rip of 'family tree', but I have a lot of brasilian records, maybe I can help with that.

Perhaps someone could suggest what other things I could help with?

If you start posting good Brazilian rips not only will people fill out your list they will mix it for you and roast you a guinea pig to boot.

I can offer some rips like:

Piri - Voces Querem Mate 1972

Antonio Adolfo - Viralata 1972

Antonio Adolfo E A Brazuca ÔÇÄÔÇô Antonio Adolfo & A Brazuca 1971

Amado Maita - Amado Maita 1972

Jose Mauro - Obnoxious

Marilia-Medalha - Caminhada 1973

João Bosco - João Bosco 1973

Stuff like that?

• JATXJATX 258 Posts
    They're fucking with you, man.

Had your question been about women's shoes, sports, places to eat, or stylish men's outerwear, right away your list would've been filled, plus maybe a few suggestions of the sort.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Fuck these elitist nerds up in here. I'll help you out dude. Here's my go at it:

1. Prince - Just as long as we're together
    2. Tom Tom Club - Wordly rappin hood
    3. BBQ Band - Imagination
    4. ?
    5. Banana and the Splitz - Creamy Thighs
    6. Chuck Mangione - butterflies
    7. Luther Davis Group - You can be a star
    8 . Time - The stick
    9. Jon Logan - Salisbury Stake Holders
    10. Dam funk - whenimwithyou
    11. Tony Cook - On the floor
    12. klein&mbo; - Dirty talk
    13. ?
    14. Ralph McDonald - The Telephone Computer
    15. Boris Y Manger - Crepes Le Tasty
    16. ?
    17. Low Salt Diet - flamin hot Cheetos (mp3 only release)
    18 . ?
    19. Tyree feat Chic - I fear the night
    20. Tyrese feat Chic - Fast and Furious Love Session
    21. Grand master lover - the legend of the grand master lover

*footnote - having recently gone deaf in one ear due to a tree pruning accident, I am not sure if I hit the mark on all of them. To be honest, they all sounded kind of like Peter Cetera to me, but the doctor said that was a side effect of the medicine.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    odDio said:
    upabove said:
    Don't have those either.

Best Thriller v. OTW answer ever?

WHOA WHOA WHOA hold the tamale! 2nd poast and you're ribbing Sir Wetmouth?
    Yes, it is the most oblique answer I've seen yet, but that does not excuse your presumption!

Spill teh beanz. Who are you, which one, why the odDio etc etc

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Thriller or Off the Wall?

upabove said:
    Don't have those either.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    What a harmless first post. and what a pathetic response by those clearly influenced by the smug/elitist/negative folks up in this bitch (ain't talking about you Day). Do not follow this model younguns......"hahaha. tepid jazz funk. look at these losers talking about breaks. I'm up in this bitch posting with my bitch, clearing out boutique stores for rare Panamanian funk." Do not follow this model....

So far there have been 29 posts worth nothing.

Instead of producing something positive and forward looking, like compiling a tracklist that everyone can enjoy you people waste your time posting negative comments, unimaginative jokes and stupid pictures.

I think this tells everything about your community
    I'm out of here.