Peanut Butter Wolf LIVE @ DISCOTHEQUE CHICAGO tracklist

2»

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Controller 7 - you should feel bad for your worthless post where you filled in the playlist for him. You bastard.

• upaboveupabove 14 Posts
    dear Flomotion,

Please have another look at the list he filled.
    Those are not real artits/track names. It's another great joke. Can't you see?

Why did you assume that I would write such a thing if he indeed had filled in the tracklist?

I'm sorry to say but it seems like every additional post is just lowering the level of this forum.

just a reminder to those of you with such nice comments: friendly people exist! just look around outside this forum!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    someone send this guy rips of thriller and off the wall stat

Upabove, don't take it so hard. If you had got as far as making a contribution you might have found there are some friendly people here who'd return the favour. Not me, obviously. Apart from the fact that he's not a real wolf I know jack shit about PBW.

• odDioodDio 5 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    odDio said:
    upabove said:
    Don't have those either.

Perhaps I can offer old stonesthrow podcasts which are no longer available for download?
    Is anyone interested in that? I can put up a list then.

Best Thriller v. OTW answer ever?

WHOA WHOA WHOA hold the tamale! 2nd poast and you're ribbing Sir Wetmouth?
    Yes, it is the most oblique answer I've seen yet, but that does not excuse your presumption!

Spill teh beanz. Who are you, which one, why the odDio etc etc

Oh yeah guess I walked into that one. Tamale held. I'm basically a looong time pro-lurker on here. My member profile says 2008 but I think that's when something funky happened and everybody had to re-register. Had been here well before that, through the best hayeks, superpoaster, classique gifs, meth binge apologies, elise's boob grab, etc. My wife even used to give me crap bc I was always talking up cool shit I heard about via the strut but I never contributed, but the honest truth is that back when I used to be here more obsessively, there were always enough smart, knowledgeable and hilarious ppl on here that my view point or smartass comment would get covered before I jumped in.

To yr questions:

Who Are You? - I live in Austin, acquaintances w RG/HC/Rashied (sorry, had to) and familiar face at ARCs; did noise rock ala early sonic youth / butthole stuff then switched to weird noisy beats+teh raps stuff which I continue to this day w my home project studio thing, OddComplex. Oh and that explains "odDio", which I apparently thought was clever a decade ago and have never bothered to change. Filled an expedit and a half w a focus on the free-er side of jazz, early-to-mid 90's hiphop, decent helpings of most other genres, and lots of weird. Nowadays I buy fewer records, primarily cheap, bizarro sample fodder. Some Specifics - 1. Thriller. 2. I'm down w ppl sampling anything from mp3's, youtube, to dog farts - just be creative.

Which One? - To the best of my knowledge I am the only me.

So, Hi Everybody! I have learned a ton and laughed a lot thanks to this community over the years. Thank you, Raj, for keeping it alive!

Be well. T

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Yep, real dude and not new here.

Yes, so here's what happened:

1. I came to this forum and posted a question.
    2. A bunch of people attacked me
    3. I said I am sorry, I didn't know this was a closed community, that I had to introduce myself etc, I EDITED my original question to explain better.
    4. I was told that I need to make a contribution. I asked how I could contribute and I was faced with another set of jokes asking for Thriller rips etc.
    5. I am asking again, what is it that I should do exactly? Write down what's my favorite kind of pizza in the pizza thread? I already offered brazilian music, I'm also happy to have discussions etc. but someone has to tell me how.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    odDio said:
    Duderonomy said:
    odDio said:
    upabove said:
    Don't have those either.

Perhaps I can offer old stonesthrow podcasts which are no longer available for download?
    Is anyone interested in that? I can put up a list then.

Best Thriller v. OTW answer ever?

WHOA WHOA WHOA hold the tamale! 2nd poast and you're ribbing Sir Wetmouth?
    Yes, it is the most oblique answer I've seen yet, but that does not excuse your presumption!

Spill teh beanz. Who are you, which one, why the odDio etc etc

Oh yeah guess I walked into that one. Tamale held. I'm basically a looong time pro-lurker on here.

Pro-lurker? Sounds like harder-work than just joining in with the bullshit ;-)

Which One? (...)Thriller

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    upabove said:

3. I said I am sorry, I didn't know this was a closed community, that I had to introduce myself etc, I EDITED my original question to explain better.
    4. I was told that I need to make a contribution. I asked how I could contribute and I was faced with another set of jokes asking for Thriller rips etc.
    5. I am asking again, what is it that I should do exactly? Write down what's my favorite kind of pizza in the pizza thread? I already offered brazilian music, I'm also happy to have discussions etc. but someone has to tell me how.

I had a listen to the mix but didn't recognise any of the tunes, not sure you'll get much response but not because people here know all of the tracks and are holding back... just not sure it's people's cup of tea.

upabove said:

It doesn't look like your tracklist question is going to get answered any time soon but if you want to stick around then post an introduction and take it from there. I'm all out of advice.

alright, I understand.
    thanks for your answer

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    upabove said:

Just to note.

Nobody was asking you to post a Thriller rip. It's a long standing tradition when someone is new, we look to find out what album the person prefers. Off the Wall or Thriller.

The point of the clowning is for anyone that shows up just asking for answers or something with their first post. It's not just this place that would prefer someone says hello and tells a little about themselves before going all "GIVE ME".

And I would suggest you or anyone else doesn't take it so personally. It's not like you're being singled out... It's not an attack. It's more like a strut hug with benefits.

I'm a hobby collector into all types of music, mostly 60s and 70s brazilian stuff, oldschool hiphop, 80s electro and house, soul and funk, etc.
    I'm new to this site and I don't know what kinds of music other people like here. I'm looking forward to finding out about that, but from reading other threads I have the feeling that some other people here are also into these types of music.

It's kind of weird to ask how I could contribute, but scanning through the threads I couldn't find any place where I could be of immediate help.

I guess this will come eventually, but since I'm new here and everyone was saying that I should contribute not just ask for favors, I have offered brazilian music.

Cool - glad you're going to stick around. With those interests you'll find some threads you can add to sooner or later. Welcome!

• odDioodDio 5 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Yep, real dude and not new here.

Real dude who dug yr loops mix !

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    It's just a normal ribbing. Don't take it personally. It's a helpful bunch here with lots of great things to offer. I see your frustration, but it all unraveled in a humorous manner.

Your track list may be comets in the end. It's just that when someone gets a light teasing on here and then fires back, guns blazing in defense, the teasing is just going to escalate.

But welcome. It's happened to many people. Many of whom thankfully stuck around. I thought everyone on here was kind of a dick at first too, but some of these people go way way back, so if Joe Schmoe just pops in with no introduction and is asking for stuff it's kind of like the equivalent of a drive by album promo or an ebay link posting. Like "I'm just passing through, but check out my shit."

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    upabove said:
    I'm a hobby collector into all types of music, mostly 60s and 70s brazilian stuff, oldschool hiphop, 80s electro and house, soul and funk EXCEPT OFF THE WALL and THRILLER!, etc.
    I'm new to this site and I don't know what kinds of music other people like here. I'm looking forward to finding out about that, but from reading other threads I have the feeling that some other people here are also into these types of music.

It's kind of weird to ask how I could contribute, but scanning through the threads I couldn't find any place where I could be of immediate help.

I guess this will come eventually, but since I'm new here and everyone was saying that I should contribute not just ask for favors, I have offered brazilian music.

i havent contributed shit to this site in ten years, but if someone tries to step to me, i'll smite them instead of whining about it. toughen up!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    upabove said:

I'm sorry to say but it seems like every additional post is just lowering the level of this forum.

Finally, someone who really gets us!