Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:
    Mark E. Smith said it already:

You don't deserve rock and roll.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    james said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    It's like the hard-headed deejay who swears that a certain song is hot, yet when he plays it his crowd unmistakably goes flat.

How long does his grand theory of goodness get pushed ahead of the reality of simple acceptance/denial/obliviousness?

Either they like it or they don't and no explaining/pontificating will ever change that.
    I think this is ludicrous (not least for your puzzling exclusion of the deejay from this mythical "they"), but I'm tabling that to focus on my main greivance:

Dude, I know you and I are both on the old side here, but come on now--neither one of us is old enough to be spelling out "deejay." That's some "hamburger sandwich"/"jean pants" type shit, and should really stop.

You have been losing your formerly impeccable luster lately in my eyes.

I've always spelled out deejay when using it in a sentence. Get over it.

I'd doubly recommend that spliff.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    james said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    It's like the hard-headed deejay who swears that a certain song is hot, yet when he plays it his crowd unmistakably goes flat.

How long does his grand theory of goodness get pushed ahead of the reality of simple acceptance/denial/obliviousness?

Either they like it or they don't and no explaining/pontificating will ever change that.
    I think this is ludicrous (not least for your puzzling exclusion of the deejay from this mythical "they"), but I'm tabling that to focus on my main greivance:

Dude, I know you and I are both on the old side here, but come on now--neither one of us is old enough to be spelling out "deejay." That's some "hamburger sandwich"/"jean pants" type shit, and should really stop.

Coincidentally enough, "Impeccable Luster" used to be my stage name.

("Impeccable Lustre" when abroad.)

("Formerly Impeccable Luster" when a broad.)

And I'm more of a dranker. Doubly, even.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    james said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    james said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Coincidentally enough, "Impeccable Luster" used to be my stage name.

("Impeccable Lustre" when abroad.)

("Formerly Impeccable Luster" when a broad.)

And I'm more of a dranker. Doubly, even.

Ha! Good answer.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    james said:

Say, fellas...howz about you two palookas avoid fisticuffs and squash this hullabaloo over some frankfurters.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    JectWon said:
    james said:

Say, fellas...howz about you two palookas avoid fisticuffs and squash this hullabaloo over some frankfurters.

:oh_my:

batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    james said:

:oh_my:

:pasue:

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    So this dude Ethan does a drive-by howdy Salma, fakes some indignation and it's all please and thank you and excuse me up in this bitch?

GTFOOHWTBS

Dude caught feelings over a comparison with James' 8yo; dude should feel honoured, I'm sure there's no higher plane than a man's 8yo kid.

skel said:
    So this dude Ethan does a drive-by howdy Salma, fakes some indignation and it's all please and thank you and excuse me up in this bitch?

GTFOOHWTBS

Dude caught feelings over a comparison with James' 8yo; dude should feel honoured, I'm sure there's no higher plane than a man's 8yo kid.

Hopefully you are referring to another poast up in here and not my poast suggesting that beef gets squashed over hot dogs...I just wanted an excuse to type frankfurter.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    No, not at all.
    Just wanted to goad some action from this interloper.
    I'm sure he's a known Head etc etc but I listened to that mandolin beats-yo thing and felt like it required a donk on it somewhere, y' know?

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    I listened to that mandolin beats-yo thing and felt like it required a donk on it somewhere, ?

Stay tuned, next wk he'll discover melody.