in Cam'ron-related news

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited February 2014 in Strut Central
I just wanna say that I predicted a cape trend in like '03. I had a girl at the time who was a designer at Levi's and I told her this was gonna be the next big couture thing. My timing was off I guess.

http://theboombox.com/camron-dipset-cape-mark-mcnairy-2014-new-york-fashion-week/

http://noisey.vice.com/blog/camron-had-the-saddest-birthday-party-ive-ever-been-to

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I just wanna say that I predicted a cape trend in like '03.
    Seen.

I was talking to someone the other day, and I was saying that lumberjack shit is done, and that "urban whaler" is gonna be a big look soon. I can't say a lot about it right now, but remember, you heard it here first.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    "You can't have a cape and nerd glasses on at the same time." - Clark Kent/Superman.

I just ate some Jarlsberg with tortilla chips. That feels like some Cam'ron type shit to me.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    How long before we see monocles?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    One of the best indie bookstores in Toronto, Pages, closed about five or so years ago and for the last few years it was open there was a guy who worked there with a monocle. Indie bookstores rival record store employees only after comic book store dudes - or maybe it's a tie - when it comes to crusty attitudinal nerdbombs (not you JP!). Anyway, he worked cash and I always hoped and wished that he wouldn't be there when I went up to pay. It was really really hard to 1 - not laugh 2 - not stare at it 3 - yell "take that pretentious fucking thing off!"

edit - did I mention he had the Shakespeare bob? Yea, he did.

Good gawd, please no.

This will be what every kitchen staffer in Austin will look like. Well, they already uniformly look like that, minus the monocle. Hoping for no new fuel to this fire.

Waiter! There's a monocle in my soup!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    warby parker started selling monocles

• bassie said:
    One of the best indie bookstores in Toronto, Pages, closed about five or so years ago and for the last few years it was open there was a guy who worked there with a monocle. Indie bookstores rival record store employees only after comic book store dudes - or maybe it's a tie - when it comes to crusty attitudinal nerdbombs (not you JP!). Anyway, he worked cash and I always hoped and wished that he wouldn't be there when I went up to pay. It was really really hard to 1 - not laugh 2 - not stare at it 3 - yell "take that pretentious fucking thing off!"

there was a guy at bmv eglington w a monocle last year.. he frowned as i left empty handed

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    I haven't read the articles but capes do seem legit from a rich-getting-richer-while-the-poor-get-poorer perspective. It's just another luxury good that's growing. As far as the monocles - I have a slight lazy eye and a monocle might actually make sense since I never wore my optometrist-recommended eye patch as a kid.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

i fux w/ this

The colour of those leggings is just awful.
    You put a man in a suit and a fur-lined cape (or is that leftover Gant velour from the discontinued chipmunk line?), the lady that accompanies him should be wearing something other than basic ass parka, dirty putty-hued leggings, Barney-inspired acrylic jumper and some Payless petroleum-based faux-suede boots.
    They put a cape on him but couldn't go an extra half mile to get a suit that fit?
    His loafers are kind of proper though.
    I see this catching on like pink fur coats.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    ^^^^^ Kinda puts a different spin on the button-up-buttoned-all-the-way-to-the-top debate

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    The B-Boy Fashion Risk. Someone's got to take that first step and not worry about looking stupid. Cam's taken that first step a good deal more than most in recent years.

Countdown to Lord Jamar declaring it to be the latest in a long line of nefarious Yacubian manoeuvres designed to emasculate hip-hop.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    bassie said:
    Waiter! There's a monocle in my soup!

DOR said:

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    "in Cam???ron-related news"

Said no-one ever up until this point.....

• "I wore a cape in sophomore year..."

• I saw Cam on 7th & 38th last November while I had on a cape due to an arm cast not fitting though any of my jacket sleeves. He bigged me up and kept it rollin'. I see he's doin' his thing now??? Go'head, Killa!

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    bassie said:

I literally lol'd! If there was a spot here where a book/record store cashier wore a monocle, a cape, or both, I'd call him on it...

but only after establishing that there's no heat or prospect for future goods (hahah).

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    he should not be rocking a hat with that cape. he needs to put out a cape version of the wu-wear song.

When you find yourself buying clothes at the same places where Larpers get their duds, it might be time to reconsider your aim.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Urban sombrero or GTFO.

• DJ_Enki said:
    Urban sombrero or GTFO.

:latte:

• burberry fall 2014

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Urban sombrero or GTFO.

How am I only just now seeing this pic? Amazing.

vintageinfants said:

• DJ_Enki said:
    vintageinfants said:
    DJ_Enki said:
    Urban sombrero or GTFO.

How am I only just now seeing this pic? Amazing.

RESPECT THE ARCHITECT