So, Last Night in Toronto (Ras Rob Ford Related)

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited January 2014 in Strut Central
apparently shot last night, sober as a judge:

if only he broke out a verse from snow's "informer"

Comments

• crabmongerfunk said:
    apparently shot last night, sober as a judge:

if only he broke out a verse from snow's "informer"

"WE'RE VERY MULTICULTURAL!"

• that email is high-larious.

• he's also planning to change his name to Rob Lion, fyi

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    There's a lot to be said for someone's repertoire when the least cringe-worthy and disgraceful video is the one of him smoking crack.

I've had the breakfast at Steak Queen a couple of times, it's ok.

edit - they serve booze :pic:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    love this guy
    singlehandedly improving my opinion of Canadians as a whole

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    that email is high-larious.

That is textbook "cracky-jazz-hands".

EDIT: Or "coke hands"...they can be hard to distinguish.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    VeeEight said:
    he's also planning to change his name to Rob Lion, fyi

My vote is Reggae Rob

dbl

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Who got the highest - Rob Ford or Marion Barry?

Ford has the "Bumbaclot" special move - SAY SOMETHIN'.

crabmongerfunk said:

Remember, he doesn't do drugs or drink any more because he has found Jesus

• DOR said:
    Remember, he doesn't do drugs or drink any more because he has found Jesus

TORONTO - Mayor Rob Ford admits he was drinking alcohol Monday night just two months after he swore he had a "come to Jesus" moment and given up booze.

Ford's confession came after a new video surfaced online that showed him slurring his words, swearing and complaining about Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair at Steak Queen restaurant in Etobicoke. Just two months earlier, Ford publicly stated he had sworn off drinking after he admitted to smoking crack cocaine while in a "drunken stupor." The mayor's sobriety pledge came after police confirmed they had obtained the video showing Ford smoking crack cocaine.

The mayor arrived at City Hall around 2:15 p.m. on Tuesday and left just after 4:30 p.m. - admitting he was drinking the night before as he left his office.

"Yes, I was," Ford said at City Hall when asked if he was drinking on Monday night. "A little bit, yeah."

"I was with some friends. What I do in my personal life and my personal friends, that's up to me. It has nothing to do with you guys. It's on my own time."

Ford said no repeatedly when he was asked if he did any drugs on Monday night or drove to the restaurant.

"I was there, I met some friends ??? that's how I speak with some of my friends," he said. "I don't think it was discriminative at all."

He ignored questions about his promise to quit drinking or when he started drinking again.

"That's it," Ford said as he got on the elevator to go to the City Hall parking garage.

In the video, Ford is ranting with a heavy Jamaican accent.

"C---sucker ... f---ing Chief Blair ... they chased me around for five months, man," Ford says in the video. "Bumbaclot."

Bumbaclot is a Jamaican swear word - Ford repeats it several times in the video.

"They tried to tell me, bro, we're counter-surveilling ya guy. He's hiding here, I'm a hiding here. F--- off. You know how much money that costs."

"Serious s--- man, serious s--- bro," he adds.

Someone else in the video lauds Ford as the "best mayor in the world." and "deserves to be better than" Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

Ford disagrees.

"I don't bullshit, I'm a straight up guy ya know," he says. "Who goes to Jamestown? Jane and Finch? Malvern?"

The mayor's admission came just a few hours after his brother, Councillor Doug Ford, had adamantly denied the new video was filmed Monday night or that the mayor had started drinking again.

Speaking to reporters at City Hall, Councillor Ford denied the video was taken on Monday.

"It wouldn't have been him yesterday," he said.

"I'm sure it was him, but it wasn't yesterday, I haven't seen the video. I know it wasn't yesterday because I was talking to him last night (at 10:30 p.m.)."

"He's given up drinking, 100%."

Ford maintained his brother has not had a drink since November when Toronto Police revealed they'd obtained the crack video.

"We're playing games now, but I'll repeat what he said 10 million times. (Since) the beginning of November, he hasn't taken a drink. It's simple," he said.

After watching the YouTube clip, Councillor Ford argued the mayor looked heavier than his current weight.

"You know something Rob's a lot heavier, in that picture, I'll tell you right now than what he is now," he said.

"Obviously, that's him, but it didn't happen last night."

Asked if it's appropriate for the mayor to be speaking in that fake accent, Ford shrugged.

"I'm not too sure. I'm not even sure what this video is about," he said.

He dismissed the idea that the mayor needs help.

"Help, help for what? The only person who needs help is you," he said.

Toronto Police spokesman Mark Pugash declined to comment on Ford's statements.

"We don't respond to personal attacks," Pugash said.

He confirmed Project Brazen 2 - the investigation focused on the mayor and the crack video - remains ongoing.

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/01/21/rob-ford-video-surfaces-with-mayor-speaking-in-jamaican-accent

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    "the saga continues"

bassie said:
    There's a lot to be said for someone's repertoire when the least cringe-worthy and disgraceful video is the one of him smoking crack.

well-put.

The audio of him admitting he was drinking last night. Sad shit...

Just a warning. The audio ends kinda loud with someone asking who he was calling a cocksucker.

• Large up mayor Rob Ford. Ya dun know.

I'm starting to think he's not drunk but on something. Here is a video of him sitting there with his drug dealing friend of all people. I don't know WTF he's thinking meeting up with that guy.

Guy states he was acting normal. But in the other video he looks a hot mess.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:
    Who got the highest - Rob Ford or Marion Barry?

Ford has the "Bumbaclot" special move - SAY SOMETHIN'.

the ras claat and the teethsucking was killing me...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Original Rude Bwoy!

• well, this was inevitable:

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Large up mayor Rob Ford. Ya dun know.

is it terrible I respect him more now?

• king ah de dancehall

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    HAZ said:
    Original Rude Bwoy!

Even more impressive - a HAZ sighting! Amazing.

• Bob Marley Day

February 6, 2014

WHEREAS each year on February 6, we honour the legacy of Robert (Bob) Nesta Marley, an influential musician, advocate for human rights and international ambassador of peace.

His early career began with friends, the legendary Wailers, "Bob Marley and the Wailers." His music captivated people of all cultures, broke music barriers and helped introduce reggae music to the world.

Bob Marley became one of the greatest ambassadors of peace the world has seen. He used music to tear down the walls of apartheid and promoted African unity, culture and world peace both at home and internationally, with songs like One Love and Africa Unite. Today, his music continues to be loved by many and is instantly recognized around the world.

NOW THEREFORE, I, Mayor Rob Ford, on behalf of Toronto City Council, do hereby proclaim February 6, 2014 as "Bob Marley Day" in the City of Toronto.

http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=ea8ed2b1ca204410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD&vgnextchannel=01b4b96fa9811410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    False rasta

• so, last night in toronto:

• Cha.