Favorite song at the moment

Comments

• I'm fellin this one:

• this is more incantation than song, but i have this one on heavy rotation these days:

• NerdAlert said:
    This is mine right now

Love this. Great choice. Added to the soundtrack of my life.

• This... just listen...

• @Mr_Lee_PHD that Quarteto Em Cy is FILTHY! Reminds me of this brazil psych mix I think by DJ Day that I was hyped on a few years ago.

• NerdAlert said:
    @Mr_Lee_PHD that Quarteto Em Cy is FILTHY! Reminds me of this brazil psych mix I think by DJ Day that I was hyped on a few years ago.

It's the bomb. Love that track.

Anyone got a link to that DJ Day mix ?

• Jet Airliner.

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    side a

side b

Caught Adrian Younge and Venice Dawn live recently and copped this limited 45 from the man hisself after the show - they absolutely killed it on stage and the recordings are pretty great if you ask me. One for the ages.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    asstro said:
    So feeling this song, I'm just bummed I didn't hear it sooner because I would have played it all summer. I need a vinyl copy badly. Once again Gilles Peterson turns me on to something great:

I think it only came out a week or two ago! Copies should be easy enough to find Soundsoftheuniverse.com has it, boomkat, juno etc.

• BIG UPS to teh GLK on the record release last night! Currently fusking wit this right here! WOAH.

MELTETH THINE FACE OFF.

• BIG UPS to teh GLK on the record release last night! Currently fusking wit this right here! WOAH.

MELTETH THINE FACE OFF.

:face_melt: :hard_as_fuck: :feelin_it:

• For some reason I find these imports12's whitelabels in my apartment that have the same song as some Lp's and Shadow tunes.

User's Atmosphere - Watership Song

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

This!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

this one keeps getting played

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    zen garden said:

Hey Zen Garden,

That was really cool, man. Thanks for sharing!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    It's sad this song still has relevance in 2013.

• Mine's

Hey,

Here's a favorite at the moment, some slick progressive jazz/R&B slickness:

Note to noobs, there are many great records post-1975. :get_on_my_level: ;-)

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey,

Here's another one:

Love songs don't get enough love on the 'Strut. "Record nerds need luv too..."

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    SmallAxeRick said:

There's also a Prince solo version from around the Controversy/1999 period that is my favorite version of this song.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    currently stuck in my head:

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• haven't been able to get this out of my head. and i dont know if it's a commercial or woody allen who put it there.

Hey,

Here's a great song from Phill Most Chill's "Truth is Forever" mix (http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php?/mixes/the_truth_is_forever/):

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    Big_Stacks said:
    Hey,

Here's a great song from Phill Most Chill's "Truth is Forever" mix (http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php?/mixes/the_truth_is_forever/):

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey, since you brought up this mix, here's one of my favorites from it.