ra rugged man people's champ

kalakala 3,361 Posts
edited January 2014 in Strut Central
good old fashion knuckle headed hip hop fun

Comments

• I'm a fan of dude's but this concept is supposed to make me sit up and listen in 2014? rapper calling himself "the people's champ?" complete with a boxing-themed video and martial arts references?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I'm a fan of dude's but this concept is supposed to make me sit up and listen in 2014? rapper calling himself "the people's champ?" complete with a boxing-themed video and martial arts references?
    hence my knuckleheaded reference
    its vomit from an agent oranged brain

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I like the man but I preferred him when he wasn't stuffing as many syllables as possible into a bar.

• I file him under "rappers I really like to hear rap, but never want to play their album." Guest verses are where the Rugged Man shines, imho:

I liked his verse on this Ruste Juxx joint:

He's also the standout on this Brother Ali track w/ Masta Ace:

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    I dig his shit. He can over do the syllable stacking but who am I to judge...his verse on Uncommon Valor was awesome.

Side-note his conversation with Floyd Mayweather is a classic to me. I'm a Mayweather fan, but he handled this conversation horribly...

EDIT: Damn shame to hear about Paul Williams in this convo...sucks...he was on the come up and then 'boom' paralyzed.

Fuck, double poast...meant to hit 'edit' not 'quote'....

Here, my favorite beat that RA spit over...

• as white rappers rapping about boxing go, I gotta go with my man HBO's max kellerman aka kid freeze.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    as white rappers rapping about boxing go, I gotta go with...

rootlesscosmo said:
    as white rappers rapping about boxing go, I gotta go with my man HBO's max kellerman aka kid freeze.

Ho...ly...shit. I had no idea...apparently, neither does his wiki. I must investigate further.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    JectWon said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    as white rappers rapping about boxing go, I gotta go with my man HBO's max kellerman aka kid freeze.

Ho...ly...shit. I had no idea...apparently, neither does his wiki. I must investigate further.

just want to reiterate how mind-blownish i am to see Max do some Das Efx diggidy-bumscott type rapz. -- good find mr rootless

b/w, i assumed this thread was gonna be on some RA vs. Paul Wall beef.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i love hearing RA talk boxing, rapping i can take him or leave him...

on a similar dirty white boy tip, the necro/kool g rap record is pretty good... almost every beat is great...