Holy Ish DJ Premier leaked my cut on Live From HeadQCourtez

DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
I was going to be dropping this cut in about a month or so, but this is phuggin' crazy. The track plays about 22-23 minutes into the show.

http://www.djpremierblog.com/2013/05/06/live-from-headqcourterz-04262013/

Live From HeadQCourterz (04/26/2013) by Dj Premier Blog Radio on Mixcloud

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,099 Posts
    Nice track!

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    congrats!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Can't get that thing to play for some reason, but regardless, congrats! I'd be bouncing off the walls if Primo debuted a track I did.

• countmaculacountmacula 196 Posts
    Congrats dude!!! Not only did he break your record he cut the fusk out of it!!!! PRETTY COOL!

• countmaculacountmacula 196 Posts
    Congrats dude!!! Not only did he break your record he cut the fusk out of it!!!! PRETTY COOL!

• I listened to the first hour of the link this morning and that stood out as the best track I heard.

Props to you.
    When it is released?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Congratulations, sir!

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    I listened to the first hour of the link this morning and that stood out as the best track I heard.

Props to you.
    When it is released?

Thanks man. The original plan was to drop it in a month. I'm getting all the art together and wrapping up my other project that I do monthly. (didn't want the two to get lost due to saturation) That track, "Battle Anybody" is actually the B-side of the digi single. The dream is to press it on 12", but we'll see. May do a cassette maxi-single type joint.

Thanks for diggin' it.

• CinisterCeeCinisterCee 863 Posts
    Congrats! Preem went in on the intro too. Great track!

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Here's a rip of the track from Premier's show.

The digi 12" with this on the B-side will be dropped later this month. Till then... check it.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    congrats dude. that's a serious feather in your cap. be sure to let us know when your album drops...

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    A few months ago Premier leaked a cut I did with my man Ace-One. Yesterday I found out DJ Premier put it as #19 on his top 20 for 2013. This ish is crazy. It honestly was just crazy that he played my joint the 1st time.

Sandwiched between Busta, Tip, Kanye, Wayne and Jay-Z on the other side. Bonkers.

From the DJ Premier Blog
    http://www.djpremierblog.com/2014/01/04/dj-premiers-top-20-hip-hop-songs-of-2013/

"This is something new??? Instead of albums DJ Premier decided to give out his top 20 hip hop songs of 2013 first, via his radio show LiveFromHQ. But don???t worry, his list of albums are coming later on the blog! So here we go:
    20. Busta Rhymes ??? Thank You (Feat. Q-Tip, Kanye West & Lil Wayne)
    19. Dawhud ??? Battle Anybody (Feat. ACE one)
    18. Jay-Z ??? Open Letter
    17. Rapsody ??? Kingship
    16. Statik Selektah ??? Bird???s Eye View (Feat. Raekwon, Joey Bada$$, & Black Thought)
    15. Papoose ??? Faith
    14. Drake ??? Pound Cake (Feat. Jay-Z)
    13. Demigodz ??? Just Can???t Quit (Feat. Motive, Blacastan, Ryu & Scoop Deville)
    12. K-Rino ??? Antagonistic Radio
    11. Joell Ortiz ??? Roll Deep
    10. P-Money ??? The Hardest (Feat. M.O.P.)
    09. Rick Ross ??? Oil Money Gang (Feat. Jadakiss)
    08. DITC Ent. ??? Come and Get Me
    07. Bumpy Knuckles ??? Word (Feat. Sy Ari da Kid)
    06. Durag Dynasty ??? 360 Waves
    05. H. Stax ??? Field Nigga
    04. Big Sean ??? Control (Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jay Electronica) 03. De La Soul ??? Get Away 02. Pusha T ??? Nosetalgia (Feat. Kendrick Lamar) 01. Jakk Frost ??? Beard Gang Initiation (Feat. Malik B & Nima AB)"

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    :cool: :happyday:

• it's a dope track! sounds MUCH better than many other tracks in that top 20.....to me at least ;)

fairplay and congrats!!

• it's a dope track! sounds MUCH better than many other tracks in that top 20.....to me at least ;)

fairplay and congrats!!

• dubs

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Thanks man. Ish is crazy. Guess I gotta fast track some of my projects.

• Dawhud said:
    Guess I gotta fast track some of my projects.

!!!

Congrats dude! Track is really nice.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    congrats, that is great news man!

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Peace

Diggin' up the old post. 

Not sure if y'all remember when I had a track of mine played by DJ Premier and put on his "Top 20 of 2013".  Anyway, Ace and I decided to work on a full LP and we're going by D&G (David & Goliath).  We've been able to assemble quite the dream LP with production by myself and the legendary Beatminerz (Black Moon, Smif N Wessun, Boot Camp) along with guest spots from Masta Ace and Sadat X.

I'm really proud of this album and Ace-One and I are really trying to get this project on vinyl.  We launched an indiegogo campaign to help raise funds to finish post production and press up the album.  

Peace and thanks

Dawhud

--------------