Wu-Tang after 36 Chambers

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I know therer is a good chance for people not feeling me on this one but maybe a good chance. EVERYTHING AFTER 36 CHAMBERS WAS A THIRD OR LESS GOOD and the REST . Wu doesn't amaze me after 36 Chambers except a nice handful of tracks. I'm talking about Built For Cuban Linx, Ironman, Wu-Tang Forever, Tical (pretty good but still) and anything else.

Comments

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I know therer is a good chance for people not feeling me on this one but maybe a good chance. EVERYTHING AFTER 36 CHAMBERS WAS A THIRD OR LESS GOOD and the REST . Wu doesn't amaze me after 36 Chambers except a nice handful of tracks. I'm talking about Built For Cuban Linx, Ironman, Wu-Tang Forever, Tical (pretty good but still) and anything else.

Dude, thats a handful of Albums.

• I know therer is a good chance for people not feeling me on this one but maybe a good chance. EVERYTHING AFTER 36 CHAMBERS WAS A THIRD OR LESS GOOD and the REST . Wu doesn't amaze me after 36 Chambers except a nice handful of tracks. I'm talking about Built For Cuban Linx, Ironman, Wu-Tang Forever, Tical (pretty good but still) and anything else.

I know. That's what I'm saying. I started listening to them again and I just can't get into them. I get bored except for the few tracks I do like.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    where return to the 36 and the first wu-banger were fresh as fuck, i always thought this was the most well produced/executed... but i would never pretend that the first one was soft to me now.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    All those records kill it. They are Classics to me tha I will go back to and enjoy forever. 1st GZA, Ironman and Suprem Clientel, Cuban Linx, The first ODB is a classic

• Oh shit RETURN TO 36 CHAMBERS is the shit. My bad on that one. I think that one is .

I know. That's what I'm saying. I started listening to them again and I just can't get into them. I get bored except for the few tracks I do like.

Built for Cuban Linx, Iron Man, and Liquid Swords are all

god how did i forget ODB, that shit is
    don't front on shorty shit stain

2nd GZA?.... never really felt that.

• 2nd GZA?.... never really felt that.

I don't get the pictures. Explain please.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    2nd GZA?.... never really felt that.

YEah it wasn't as hard ...The string of releases after Forever I don't celebrate like I do the earlier releases in the WU catolouge. But I hold Supmreme Clientele at that status I know some would disagree, but to me that record is solid and lyrically

when i came to work this morning and sat down, i noticed that i was maybe still drunk. not to negate from the powerful posts i've made since then, but i think i'm gonna play that card. these things are my favorite now.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    when i came to work this morning and sat down, i noticed that i was maybe still drunk. not to negate from the powerful posts i've made since then, but i think i'm gonna play that card. these things are my favorite now.

Otters.....Please Magic....expand on this

if i'm faded, i don't even freeze them.

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Yes! This the nectar to nurse your hang over

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts

This thread has left me with Post Poke out dissapointment!

• Fuck Otters. Let's talk about Wu-Tang. Magic is on a good one.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    but "that's what they're for!"

6 zippy[/b] flavors.

• Quote: 2nd GZA?.... never really felt that.

YEah it wasn't as hard ...The string of releases after Forever I don't celebrate like I do the earlier releases in the WU catolouge.

Are you really not feeling Liquid Swords? It is GZA's second release. His first album is pretty good too:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    where return to the 36 and the first wu-banger were fresh as fuck, i always thought this was the most well produced/executed... but i would never pretend that the first one was soft to me now.

cosign

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Quote: 2nd GZA?.... never really felt that.

YEah it wasn't as hard ...The string of releases after Forever I don't celebrate like I do the earlier releases in the WU catolouge.

Are you really not feeling Liquid Swords? It is GZA's second release. His first album is pretty good too:

cosign but the production is a bit weak, much more raw though.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts

uh... i knew that. but just got

• mrpekmrpek 627 Posts
    Quote: 2nd GZA?.... never really felt that.

Zing you did get me...However we did used to bump this record after Liquid came out... and I didn't feel it as much... my boy always tried to put "Pass the bone" when we blazed or whatever the track is and I can't say I remeber anything on that rec being too dope...

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

cosign

A brilliant album.

• hertzhoghertzhog 865 Posts
    Even The W is a pretty good album... 36 Chambers is the definitive Wu album, yeah, but as an album I think Rae's first is better.

• raredaveraredave 205 Posts

• MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
    GRAVEDIGGAZ Six Feet Deep???

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    i'm going through old things in my parents' basement and found this alternate playlist for wu-tang forever scrawled on the back of an envelope.  i remember my last thots on this album were post-uni, when i was wrapping my general obsession with the "golden age".  and i decided that there was a classic album in wu-tang forever.  i'm listening to it now.  will report back later.

but yeah, there is a gang of great wu stuff after 36 chambers.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts

a better tomorrow is one of their finest moments 

odb's verse on reunited has gotta be one of his hardest aot.

the city is one of rap's great interpolations in one of the great eras for interpolation for the genre.  see also (non-wu-r):

a lot of under-rated beats here. some hi-def bong bong ish early on, and i'm not generally into rza's solo ish.   the beat on maria is .  and triumph gets a lot of shine for the lyrics but the beat is .

i'm not generally for double albums in any genre, but for me, this is a nice shortened version of what they put out.  and it works as two separate vibes.  it's just a lot of a material in one place!

what's the most under-rated wu-tang album?   i might say return to the 36 chambers?  (wait, does anyone not think it's a classic?)