Movies that begin and end with the same song?

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited November 2013 in Strut Central
Apocolypse Now is the only one I can think of.

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    pretty sure The Man with the Golden Arm does that. There are lots of others though, it's a fairly common device to use.

• Heathers starts with a traditional version of que sera sera and fades out to the sly stone version. That I've always stuck with me.

Midnight cowboy, right?

• GibboGibbo 124 Posts
    The Long Goodbye uses the same theme throughout the film but with different arrangements throughout i.e. jazz, muzak, etc.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    A Ciascuno Il Suo (We Still Kill the Old Way) - pretty much the same song all the way through with different arrangements. Terrible movie, great soundtrack.

• badlands and true romance both start and end with Carl orff's 'gassenhauer'

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    "Head" has a recursive beginning and end

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Thriller........ :off_the_wall:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    A few years ago people were praising an Irish movie called Once. About a street musician.
    I don't no about starting and ending, but by the time the movie was over I was ready to kill if I heard the featured song again.

• Barfly: not only is it the same music but the same shot of the bar at the beginning and at the end. very a propos of a movie were none of the characters learn anything. whatever happened to frank stallone?

• Haven't watched it in a few years but if my memory serves me right Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind has that theme songs playing pretty much through out.