NYC Biker/SUV Assault

rain103rain103 476 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
3 off duty NYPD undercover cops among the bikers? 2 of which were a sergeant and an internal affairs detective.

:nagl:

This story just keeps getting more and more interesting...

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/undercover-lied-role-biker-beatdown-suv-driver-source-article-1.1479369#ixzz2hBGe7xCi

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Seeing the videos awhile back of these rides through the city I had a feeling it was headed to fuckedupness.

MadMax The Nightriderrrrrrrrrrr is upon us.

• I find it strange that THIS has become the biggest non-shutdown story in the country for a week.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    I guess it depends on which area of the country you live in... It's not THAT big of a story here in Seattle however I find it intriguing for some reason. I've been on the freeway a few times in this area when groups of these fools will shut down all lanes of traffic just so they can trick off. The thought of speeding up and breaking through their barricade has crossed my mind, until I remind myself that I drive a hatchback...

• It's hard to argue against gun ownership with a scenario like this. The only thing that would have kept him out of the hospital once they were blocked by traffic. He should have never left the highway, just stay on the phone and the road until police are present. Incredible that video was shot of this. Would have been hard to prove or even apprehend the perpetrators. Scared family's word against dozens of bikers. Bad situation all around. It's terrible that guy is paralyzed, but 95% of people would have panicked also and got the hell out of Dodge. Bikers have a bad rep going back decades, justifiable or not, that's just the case. And when scores of them descend on you, it can be very intimidating. The real fucked up thing is that the guy who started it all by slowing down the Range Rover and causing the bump, gets off Scott free, his buddy is the one who gets run over.

• dumb ass got off in wash heights tho?

I drive around these dudes all the time, I know its shocking to consider that police were among them but what the fuck are you picking a fight with a biker gang for

• Soul Zilla said:
    It's hard to argue against gun ownership with a scenario like this. The only thing that would have kept him out of the hospital once they were blocked by traffic. He should have never left the highway, just stay on the phone and the road until police are present. Incredible that video was shot of this. Would have been hard to prove or even apprehend the perpetrators. Scared family's word against dozens of bikers. Bad situation all around. It's terrible that guy is paralyzed, but 95% of people would have panicked also and got the hell out of Dodge. Bikers have a bad rep going back decades, justifiable or not, that's just the case. And when scores of them descend on you, it can be very intimidating. The real fucked up thing is that the guy who started it all by slowing down the Range Rover and causing the bump, gets off Scott free, his buddy is the one who gets run over.

If the SUV driver had a gun it would have been taken from him and shoved up his ass before he died. You're a special sort of idiot, like each and every member of the "guns solve everything" crowd.

But then you think the phrase is "Scott free," so I know that already.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    dumb ass got off in wash heights tho?

I drive around these dudes all the time, I know its shocking to consider that police were among them but what the fuck are you picking a fight with a biker gang for

What I haven't seen anywhere is an explanation for why that one biker pulled that brake job on the SUV in the first place. There was some sort of earlier conflict. What was it?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

What I haven't seen anywhere is an explanation for why that one biker pulled that brake job on the SUV in the first place. There was some sort of earlier conflict. What was it?

Probably some really really petty shit.

Fuck a biker. Every time I see one speed literally a foot away from my side mirror, I wish I can just sideswipe one.

To be driving a luxury SUV and probably being a little cocky with his gesture got the asian dude in trouble though. It takes a certain type to just run over some motorcycles. lol

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Fuck a biker though.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

There must have been something. Just before the brake check you see the guy ride into the lane looking into the SUV window with a "What the fuck do you think you're doing".

If you find older videos from these bike rides, you'll be sure to realize there is a total "We don't give a fuck" thing going on... I can see this getting more popular across the planet.

I wonder how Range Rover sales will do after all is said and done.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Dude should have put his car in reverse and ground those fucks to hamburger. And fuck those high pitched squealing piece of shit plastic bikes. If your anus needs intense vibrating that bad, buy a high-wattage dildo to squat on, stay at home and don't insult the aesthetic sensibilities of your fellow men with chrome glossy plastic helmets and all of that other shit that a 5 year old should be embarrassed for.

• Frank said:
    Dude should have put his car in reverse and ground those fucks to hamburger. And fuck those high pitched squealing piece of shit plastic bikes. If your anus needs intense vibrating that bad, buy a high-wattage dildo, put it where the sun don't shine, stay on the couch and don't insult the aesthetic sentiments of your fellow men with chrome glossy plastic helmets and all of that other shit that a 5 year old should be embarrassed for.

What, you mean you don't have these hanging off the back of your car?:

Supposedly they make bikers avoid you like vampires w/ garlic.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    The concealed weapon theory goes both ways in this scenario. It's the lone ranger (no pun intended) vs. a posse of potential gun carriers. Next thing you know it's a Wild West shoot out.

• Frank said:
    Dude should have put his car in reverse and ground those fucks to hamburger. And fuck those high pitched squealing piece of shit plastic bikes. If your anus needs intense vibrating that bad, buy a high-wattage dildo, put it where the sun don't shine, stay on the couch and don't insult the aesthetic sentiments of your fellow men with chrome glossy plastic helmets and all of that other shit that a 5 year old should be embarrassed for.

The only reason he didn't reverse is because the bikers pulled out knives and stabbed his tires on the highway when they had him surround before he took off for the first time (that's why he took off). His car tires were eventually gone and that's why he ended up not being able to drive his car anymore.

• Soul Zilla said:
    It's terrible that guy is paralyzed

Yes, awful. Just awful. You wouldn't believe the amount of sleep I'm losing.

• LazarusOblong said:
    Soul Zilla said:
    It's hard to argue against gun ownership with a scenario like this. The only thing that would have kept him out of the hospital once they were blocked by traffic. He should have never left the highway, just stay on the phone and the road until police are present. Incredible that video was shot of this. Would have been hard to prove or even apprehend the perpetrators. Scared family's word against dozens of bikers. Bad situation all around. It's terrible that guy is paralyzed, but 95% of people would have panicked also and got the hell out of Dodge. Bikers have a bad rep going back decades, justifiable or not, that's just the case. And when scores of them descend on you, it can be very intimidating. The real fucked up thing is that the guy who started it all by slowing down the Range Rover and causing the bump, gets off Scott free, his buddy is the one who gets run over.

If the SUV driver had a gun it would have been taken from him and shoved up his ass before he died. You're a special sort of idiot, like each and every member of the "guns solve everything" crowd.

What an incredibly articulate response. Guns are routinely disarmed from men brandishing them, straight out of their hands, and of course pushed right up their rectum. Nobody, especially real men, hesitate when faced with a loaded handgun, no, they just shove it up the ass of a man presenting said weapon. Did I phrase it right dear Lazarus?, I'm not of the special sort, sorry.

• They were all a bunch of shitbags, including the suv driver that ran over that dude. Especially yuchi, who hopes to take out a bike on my freeways, legally splitting lanes. The douche is strong in you.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

based on the deep analysis my office conducted on this situation last week, he was forced to get off there because his tire got slashed during the initial confrontation and was eventually flat; prompting him to get off the highway.

where are you getting that this dude picked a fight with them?

and dude braked in front of him because those idiots wanted to race without any cars around them. simple as that

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Soul Zilla said:
    It's hard to argue against gun ownership with a scenario like this.

while I strongly encourage people to exercise all of their constitutional rights, I really don't think pulling a gun on a group of bikers who are also likely carrying to be a bright idea

• When this story first broke there was a whole nother part to it - it didnt start with the biker breaking.

As a father and husband I cant fathom why he would put his family in that situation. End of

• I am following this story very closely as you can tell.

Only thing remarkable is the NYPD angle.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    yeah when the story first broke it was framed a lot different but I don't think there's been anything reported recently that disputes breaking being the start of it.

• So dude was breaking in front of the SUV, then they all cut his tires cause....

Takes two to road rage.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    dude bumped the guy, stopped to check on him, and sped off because he felt threatened; tires got slashed in the process.

• Firstly, no video, no story.

Secondly, there's a reason most MCs and RCs have very strict, military-style riding rules, to avoid this exact situation. If you've ever ridden in a large group of bikes you know what I'm saying. These guys on the crotch rockets were straight knuckleheads, and had it coming.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    When this first made the news there was one long video with the first scene showing how one "biker" plants himself directly in front of the SUV and hits the brakes. The SUV bumps into the bike's rear tire but not hard enough to knock the guy off his bike. SUV driver stops, probably because his way is blocked, the video then is shot from further away but it appears that other bikers are crowding the vehicle and that at least one tire is being punctured, that's when the SUV driver takes off, mowing down bikes and bikers in the process.

The only way you could put any blame on the SUV driver would be if he had provoked the bikers in any way before he got brake-checked by one of them.

It's interesting that even before the first incident that led to the chase occurred there were over 200 911 calls from other motorists who had felt threatened and put in danger by the bikers erratic behavior. Did the cops know that some of there own guys were involved in this bullshit or were they just too busy with other, more important police work than to do anything? I wonder what the real, total number of cops was who were part of this mob.

Check out this video at around 1:20

Supposedly this shows the same group of bikers attacking another motorist in 2011. It seems that this attack occurred when some of the "bikers" were blocking intersections so their fellow assvibrators could run whole series of red lights. Apparently the vehicle that got attacked dared to ignore orders and pulled into the intersection when his light showed green. It's insane how people can disrupt traffic, endanger everybody else who's around and the cops do nothing. Well, now that we know that a good portion of these fucks actually are cops it's no wonder really.

Here you can see a whole bunch of other videos, supposedly all copied off of the guy's youtube account who had shot and published the helmet-cam footage of the SUV chase and then quickly deleted his account after seeing how very few people sided with him.

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/the-footage-that-the-nyc-bikers-didnt-want-you-to-see-1435594427/1436603736/@orlove

Nothing too exciting to see here other than how these "bikers" show a continuous, complete disregard to traffic rules and to the safety of other motorists or pedestrians. And what about those quads? "Bikers" on quads? Most of those idiots look like they buy their gear at Toys'r'us but those quads add a whole other level of ridiculousness. I've seen retirees on lawnmowers looking more manly than these tools.

• when the story was first reported, there was some indication that the SUV driver did some provoking of his own. I have not really been following it

regardless, I have been at intersections in exactly the same circumstance - bikers blocking the street off, my kid and wife in the car - and you have to be a special breed of moron to not just sit in your car, take a deep breath and wait for the biker dudes to do their thing and take off. Every weekend in the summer crews of dudes on bikes and ATVs mob through the streets here. Dumb ass kids riding on the sidewalk and shit sometimes, it can be really heinous. But everyone with half a brain knows to just let them through.

It's funny how you have two threads about NYC right now, one is about how tame it is and the other is about mad biker gangs vs a wannabe bernie goetz in an SUV

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    im not disagreeing with you on how you should approach a situation like that but I wouldn't expect every single person to approach it the same way or even have any idea of what was going on. it's very possible that this was dude's first time encountering something like this and I wouldn't blame him if he had no idea what was going on. your whole point about wife and kids leads much more credence to this being an accident rather than guy intentionally provoking them. regardless of what happened, I don't think whatever possibly occurred could have justified what happened. one real surprising thing is dude didn't get his ass beat even more considering how far they chased him and how many people were there.

and yeah for sure lol @ tone between the two threads.

• Soul Zilla said:
    LazarusOblong said:
    Soul Zilla said:

What an incredibly articulate response. Guns are routinely disarmed from men brandishing them, straight out of their hands, and of course pushed right up their rectum. Nobody, especially real men, hesitate when faced with a loaded handgun, no, they just shove it up the ass of a man presenting said weapon. Did I phrase it right dear Lazarus?, I'm not of the special sort, sorry.

There were 40 or so pissed off bikers against one petrified yuppie daddy in a moving car with his wife and kid. In your NRA-fed mind that poor scared bastard is going to calmly take his trusty gat out of his glove compartment, load it if it isn't already loaded, and use it Sgt. York style to fight off the swarm.

Yeah, sure. And afterwards he'd follow, follow, follow follow follow the Yellow Brick Road.

You're a special sort of idiot, like I said.

• PatrickCrazy said:
    Soul Zilla said:
    It's hard to argue against gun ownership with a scenario like this.

while I strongly encourage people to exercise all of their constitutional rights, I really don't think pulling a gun on a group of bikers who are also likely carrying to be a bright idea

Did the sun rise in the west this morning?

You are correct, sir.

• Frank, I'm with you except for blocking intersections. When bikes are on an organized run, or "procession," it's a tactic that needs to be employed to keep the group together. That said, it should be done in an organized manner, not flippantly, and with most MCs and RCs it is. And it's not a frequent thing, at least around here, even where we have one of the few Upstate HA chapters along with many affiliate and non-affilate clubs.