NYC Biker/SUV Assault

2»

Comments

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    Plantweed said:
    Firstly, no video, no story.

Exactly.

I wonder if the guy filming thought that by posting the video it helped justify the actions of the group, was one of the NYPD, is now ostracized by the group, or none of the above?

• The 10-year veteran cop ??? who sources confirmed had done undercover work in Occupy Wall Street posing as a protester

hahahhahaha

RIDE OR DIE POPEYE DOYLE

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    herbacios tweed said:
    The 10-year veteran cop ??? who sources confirmed had done undercover work in Occupy Wall Street posing as a protester

hahahhahaha

RIDE OR DIE POPEYE DOYLE

wait, was this the famous Hipster Cop? Did he get moved to a new assignment and become Biker Cop?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Ha! I had heard about this, I thought it was bikers in a motorcycle gang.

The bikers in my neighborhood would never ride one of those things. There are a lot of teenagers who like to race them up and down my street, but they pull over when the bikers come through.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Plantweed said:
    Frank, I'm with you except for blocking intersections. When bikes are on an organized run, or "procession," it's a tactic that needs to be employed to keep the group together.

Unless it's official (i.e. a planned event with city support) that is complete and total bullshit, imo. No group should take it upon themselves to stop traffic because they want to stay "together"...what are they, middle school cheerleaders? You get separated, so what?...be a fucking adult. Again, if it's an 'official ride' (or whatever it's called) then city support should be the ones blocking intersections in the form of security/ closing down certain streets at certain times, etc etc....the idea that a group of ass hats on bikes should employ the 'tactic' of blocking intersections on their own accord is a horrible idea...just my opinion.

EDIT :I'm being an asshole in the above response...my bad. I just don't think a group of civilians should take it upon themselves to stop traffic/block intersections so they can ride together....just sounds like a bad idea to me.

• ppadilha said:
    wait, was this the famous Hipster Cop? Did he get moved to a new assignment and become Biker Cop?

nah, he was never undercover, quite the opposite, he was the public mouthpiece of the police to the campers. He's doing well though, no lie saw his picture recently on some men's sartorial blog wearing an elbow patch blazer off duty in the East Village doing a don't take my picture arm move.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    AndreBreton said:
    They were all a bunch of shitbags, including the suv driver that ran over that dude. Especially yuchi, who hopes to take out a bike on my freeways, legally splitting lanes. The douche is strong in you.

Every time one unnecessarily throttles hard almost in an intimidating fashion, and zooms literally 20inches away from my side mirror, it bugs me. If you cared about your life, I don't think you'd be "splitting lanes". One hit and you're gone. Straight up idiots. Fuck a biker.

I got no beef with dudes that go off-roading. Do dumb shit in open spaces, not tight spaces.

Slightly off-topic, but while we're on the topic of speeding; there was a news story recently about a cop car that was unnecessarily speeding in a rural area and killed three teenagers in a collision. That shit is just wrong.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    it's very possible that this was dude's first time encountering something like this and I wouldn't blame him if he had no idea what was going on.

Very likely.

• We're all forgetting that the dude was driving a Range Rover. He had it coming since his bitchass drove it off the lot.

• Also, that GoPro video dude gets the Dry Snitch of The Year Award for uploading that video and sewing up his whole crew.

• JectWon said:
    Unless it's official (i.e. a planned event with city support) that is complete and total bullshit, imo. No group should take it upon themselves to stop traffic because they want to stay "together"...what are they, middle school cheerleaders? You get separated, so what?...be a fucking adult. Again, if it's an 'official ride' (or whatever it's called) then city support should be the ones blocking intersections in the form of security/ closing down certain streets at certain times, etc etc....the idea that a group of ass hats on bikes should employ the 'tactic' of blocking intersections on their own accord is a horrible idea...just my opinion.

EDIT :I'm being an asshole in the above response...my bad. I just don't think a group of civilians should take it upon themselves to stop traffic/block intersections so they can ride together....just sounds like a bad idea to me.

I take it you don't ride? It's OK (and logical) to have that viewpoint until you've started to ride for a while. Then you'll know it's the only way to go. Up here at least, despite a large number of bikers (including many MCs and RCs, 1% and not) it's a rare event, like I said, but when it does happen, often the local law enforcement will assist, even if it's not "official." Many cops ride (and judges, BTW), and they know it's the safest way to go.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts