Y'all Rock Camo?

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central

Im hittin' the Army & Navy spots asap. Havent worn Camo in years.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    batmon said:

NAGL

b/w

I've seen 5-6 Duck Dynasty camo T-Shirts with a beard sewed in at the collar in just the last week. NAGL x 1,000

• Looks like a lot of hipster camo above, especially the first pic.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The Rock in a fashion thread!

some of it is hipsterish but it seems it can rocked lo or hi.......like a white Gucci belt!!

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    batmon said:

this is the only acceptable use of camo in any of these photos. especially with cargo pockets,,,, echh

b/w

those mint vans were the only decent shoes in that other 25 page thread. ended up ordering them

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Unless you're military or Wu, camo's wack.

With that said, the only piece of camo I've worn (and will ever wear) in my life is this Swiss Army jacket I found at an antique store last year:

(Not my pic, but it's pretty much the same jacket. Much nicer pattern than the boring ones above.)

If you must though, I'm with Delay. Keep it su tle.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

Im surprised yall 30 somethings aint doin this. At least on the casual tip.

Herm....u aint got no Camo underwaers?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Only time I've worn camo is when hunting.

I've actually wanted to "rock" camo at various times in my life, but far too many already beat me to the punch to where I've always had to conclude...nope, far too trendy for me.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Nope. No camo underwear, socks, nuffing. It's corny. I mean, c'mon...look at holmes with the frosted sideburns!

U will still see a variation of this Uptown. Maybe w/ out the hats though.

Herm said:
    Nope. No camo underwear, socks, nuffing. It's corny. I mean, c'mon...look at holmes with the frosted sideburns!

But your homie who had the yellow shoes/suit is doin' it.

"Hipster-steez"

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    here's another thing aside from this dudes nauseating everything ... if you wear a tie clip, move that shit down so it just peaks out above your top button.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I've got a couple of jackets, only one of which I still wear regularly, and a cap. Threw out my last pair of old cargos a couple of summers ago. Not really a fan of fashion camo, but being of average height/build I have issues with the cut of regular army surplus joints, especially things like the width of jacket sleeves, so I can see the appeal from that p/o/v.

I like the boots that the old guy with the jacket/vest combo is wearing. Dunno about anything else on this page, although I guess the tie would be OK.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    batmon said:

Only two looks I like. The pattern is worked in with everything else in a nice balance of subtlety and centre-piece to the outfits
    Full disclosure - I got neon yellow pumps, too.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

Camo

Let me stop you right there.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts

Camo

Let me stop you right there.

So true you had to be stopped twice

STEP AWAY FROM THE CAMO

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I have a couple pairs of army BDU camo shorts that I wear fairly often, but not the regular woodland camo print you see most places. I like the Vietnam-era Tiger Camo, like this:

Or the Multicam pattern:

I think high-fashion camo pieces like blazers and slacks look really silly though. I'm not against buying expansive clothing, but people buying $600 camo jackets at Bergdorf Goodman are nuts.

• bassie said:
    batmon said:

Only two looks I like. The pattern is worked in with everything else in a nice balance of subtlety and centre-piece to the outfits
    Full disclosure - I got neon yellow pumps, too.

pliggity-plus one.

i think at this point in my life, the only rockable camo item would be an ACTUAL surplus jacket, not the freshly silkscreened pattern on that redheaded yoot. ill bet he has a bright yellow swap meet wu shirt with faux crackle he rocks underneath it. IMO, to be used sparingly, and with minimal pocketry.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Not a chance

• I've picked a couple of Carharrt camo pieces off the shelves before but never purchased. At a push I could go with something like this for the autumn/winter months.

those look fine

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Delay said:

I have a pair of Camo Vans that I rarely wear...they are good for dirty digging.....other than that camo as fashion is either ironic, hillbilly or Duck Dynasty inspired.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    I have a camo canvas belt that I wear here and there with jeans. I think camo in small bits is okay, but I'm not a fan of, say, big jackets covered in camo.

SP 1200 said:
    I've picked a couple of Carharrt camo pieces off the shelves before but never purchased. At a push I could go with something like this for the autumn/winter months.

Shorter and tighter fit would get a pass.

• Have to own up to buying one of these about 7 years ago and still using it ocassionally

Also remember buying these in NYC in 1999.

batmon said:

No.

Shorter, leaner M-65's or bust, imo.

Camo on a blazer is wrong.

• I got a couple zip up camo jackets that I like. Variety on typical woodland tones. I got no problem wih camo but I'm not very fashion conscious.
    I got a nasty dent in passenger door of my '01 prius that I banged out. I considered covering it with a camo decal strip across the bottom 8 inches of the side of the car. Bad idea?