Fall clothing thread -- jackets

2»

Comments

• purchased this last year at the start of the fall/winter season, I like it better then my previous jacket, its got nice deep pockets inside as well that conveniently & snuggly fit spray cans.. I purchased it on the cheap from the local Winners for like $99 or sumthin close to that, it keeps water and wind out and I love the fact that it has a hood as well...if I am going for a hike I just throw another layer under it and can stay out much longer...

dope jacket I'd buy it again for sure and much better than my RipZone jacket that cost me twice as much..

I have one of these as well, that is crazy warm on those cold ass Canada days

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    mumbosauce said:
    EarF Tones

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts

• Copped today, Penfield Stapleton

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I have your basic felt pea-coat looking thing. Levi's makes it. I guess it's my winter coat more than fall. Around here, I don't have to do too much to elevate my styles above the gore-tex crowd. I try my best to leave that shit in the mountains (especially when the hand-me-down snowboard gear I get is so ridiculous looking--I feel like a total asshole wearing that shit in the streets).

Believe it or not, Seattle doesn't run too many umbrellas, so I'll break one out and get away with some less waterproof jackets.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    pimlicosquirrel said:
    Copped today, Penfield Stapleton

Love this coat - I have to retire my peacoat this winter after 10+ years. Am considering the Stapleton lady version.

Bought this last year - took the trim off.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    lmho - if North Face and Penfield and the 1990s puffa had a baby...

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I've got a Patagucci hook-up, so most of my outerwear comes from them:

Their Carhartt knock-off, not to say I don't like it:

Michelin make-over:

Mistaken as a furry:

• i'm trying to get my surplus jack relined with sumthin' to freshen this bith up some. been looking for cool fabrics and textiles online.

kinda want to kick something like this: c/o the one TheKindCromang

if you could change the lining inside a coat to anything, what would it be?

^^
    Conceptually and visually: ill

b/w

I have as a liner in one of my spring/fall jackets a pattern of various "Mr. Pringle" looking type dudes in various monocles and other eye-pieces, and all with mustaches of varying styles: some curled, some thick cookie-dusters, etc., in an art-deco style.

I don't know how to post my own pics otherwise I'd show you what it looks like.

• finally threw away my go to jacket for 8+ years. need more looks plz.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Rains where I live.
    Need something waterproof for biking.
    I am done with the high tech fabrics, had a falling out with Columbia Sports wear.

I am back to wearing vintage Pendleton and woolrich, like Delay posted.
    I have both quilted and unquilted jackets, plus shirts.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i'm trying to get my surplus jack relined with sumthin' to freshen this bith up some. been looking for cool fabrics and textiles online.

kinda want to kick something like this: c/o the one TheKindCromang

if you could change the lining inside a coat to anything, what would it be?

can't find a pic online, but a friend had a giant roll of le sportsac suitcase lining that i always wanted to use in a jacket.
    kind of like this:

• still looking for a heavy jacket you guys have some new looks? stores/brands not looking to crack over $300....

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I bought this Merc Harrington jacket online and honestly I love it.

Or maybe I just love the feeling of pretending to be British.

• hogginthefogg said:
    Delay said:
    I can't see why anyone would pay so much for a military style jacket, including the peacoat, which is a navy design. Just find an old one.

Or get a new one for $250.

That's still about $170 too much:

$80, brand new at my local spot. $135 from the manufacturer

http://www.rothco.com/product-details/rothco-vintage-n-3b-parka

Big enough for two!