iOS 7

2»

Comments

• hogginthefogg said:
    edith head said:
    is there a way to disable the zoom in/out effect when you open an app? not only does it seem slower but it's kind of disorienting

Just found it!

Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion

It was kinda bugging me, too.

it didn't work for me! mine was already set to off and i still have that zoom on/off animation when opening something new

• Turn it on! It reduces the amount of motion animation.

• oh i did that too. i thought it would just get rid of it completely! mannn.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I play one of those City building / management games on my ipad. The sort that take months and months to slowly build up. Some how, due the the iOS update, some fucker has found a breach and got into the game's network and started fucking with everyone's games, spending all their money, deleting parts of their cities etc. just what I needed to make me love this update a little more. Humbug.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Anyone else pick up a new phone today?

Upgraded from a 4!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    DOR said:
    Anyone else pick up a new phone today?

Upgraded from a 4!

My Iphone 4 is still in use and I don't feel any need to upgrade to the new version. Are there any new killer features that justify the upgrade to version 5?

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    I upgraded because my home button was starting to act up. And I wanted to upgrade my camera...

There are a few cool things the nerd in me wanted.

AirDrop - tho I'll be much more excited once it works with osx.

And so far, the finger unlock works perfectly. I've felt with many devices trying to use a print ID, they just didn't work well. But this is by far the best.

But yeah, I may have held out if it wasn't for my home button issue.

• Anyway know how much Apple Stores give for a boxed 32 GB 4S with no cracks? I know they recently started buying back used phones in stores, and hoping I can get a 5s for under $200 with trade in.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    edith head said:
    hogginthefogg said:
    edith head said:
    is there a way to disable the zoom in/out effect when you open an app? not only does it seem slower but it's kind of disorienting

Just found it!

Settings>General>Accessibility>Reduce Motion

It was kinda bugging me, too.

it didn't work for me! mine was already set to off and i still have that zoom on/off animation when opening something new
    'Reduce motion' stops the sort of 3d effect you get with the still background, maybe the dynamic ones as well, i haven't checked. It doesn't affect the animation zooming effect when opening apps and folders as far as I can tell.

• Yeah my bad... Thought the reduce motion got rid of the zoom. It doesn't. Annoying.

I'm digging everything else! No complaints yet!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Most of my iPad albums have fucked up song sequence.

WTF?

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    parallax said:

Anyway to lose the default Disney/Apple/Yahoo icons when opening a new page? Shit is irritating.

yes. These get to me.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    parallax said:

Anyway to lose the default Disney/Apple/Yahoo icons when opening a new page? Shit is irritating.

yes. These get to me.

And I got rid of them: they are the default "favorites." Thanks, stevejobs!
    Just go into that bookmark icon, find favorites, and edit them out.

Consign on confusion as to why this OS has ditched icons for words. I'm good at reading, but better at symbols. Symbols are more universal and faster to recognize. Especially when you've been training me for so long. A box with a big X in it is better than the word "done."

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    dukeofdelridge said:
    parallax said:

yes. These get to me.

Just go into that bookmark icon, find favorites, and edit them out.

Consign on confusion as to why this OS has ditched icons for words. I'm good at reading, but better at symbols. Symbols are more universal and faster to recognize. Especially when you've been training me for so long. A box with a big X in it is better than the word "done."

Ha! I was just about to post how to do it. Happy to be rid of it.

• dukeofdelridge said:
    dukeofdelridge said:
    parallax said:

yes. These get to me.

Just go into that bookmark icon, find favorites, and edit

them out.

Thx!

• DOR said:

I wanted to upgrade my camera...

AirDrop - tho I'll be much more excited once it works with osx.

And so far, the finger unlock works perfectly. I've felt with many devices trying to use a print ID, they just didn't work well. But this is by far the best.

Same with me. I upgraded from a 4 to the 32 GB 5S, mostly to take better photos/videos of the kids. I was also hoping talk reception would be better in the house, and it is by a bit. I'm very happy with the upgrade and the move to iOS 7. Wife is joining the iPhone world with a 5c sometime this week.

BTW... I got a locked-in quote from elegreen.com to buyback my screen-cracked 4 for $90. It was by far the best offer (next was $75). Mind you, I got that rate before the new 5's dropped. It was my excuse to jump to the 32 GB.

• Oh yeah... one minor annoyance is that the home button on the 5s is noisy when you "click" it. It sounds like I'm one of those Hollywood dog wranglers.

• I hate the look. The idea as a departure from skeumorphism I'm on board with, it just doesn't seem well thought out, it doesn't seem ready for release. I think it's rushed to coincide with the 5s launch. There are some things I like but many more that I don't. It feels child-like in some respects. They could have went with a more blended hybrid scheme than this bright, airy, girlish look. I like badass, Robocop, Terminator steelos not this sun-dress church wedding spring day birds chirping shit.

This is the first time Apple let me down. And I hate that I can't go back to Ios 6. I could list my gripes but they have been echoed already across many sites. Never before have I been so angry that Apple won't allow the customization that other platforms have. It's either like it or fuck-off. But I will still upgrade to the 5s, and I will not abandon ship. Because I know that this is a bump in the road and Apple will get it right. They will address things people don't like in future releases. But I will mainly stick with them because I know that they nearly always deliver on the claims they make unlike Android and the others. And their products are easy to setup and use and work seamlessly in the background. And don't crash and are generally fun to use. But I don't think Steve Jobs would have let this pass under him. R.I.P

• parenparen 537 Posts
    I recommend disabling Control Center on your Lock Screen, as there is a known security vulnerability:

http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/19/ios-7-lock-screen-vulnerability-gives-access-to-photos-email/

• Soul Zilla said:
    I hate the look. The idea as a departure from skeumorphism I'm on board with, it just doesn't seem well thought out, it doesn't seem ready for release. I think it's rushed to coincide with the 5s launch. There are some things I like but many more that I don't. It feels child-like in some respects. They could have went with a more blended hybrid scheme than this bright, airy, girlish look. I like badass, Robocop, Terminator steelos not this sun-dress church wedding spring day birds chirping shit.

This is the first time Apple let me down. And I hate that I can't go back to Ios 6. I could list my gripes but they have been echoed already across many sites. Never before have I been so angry that Apple won't allow the customization that other platforms have. It's either like it or fuck-off. But I will still upgrade to the 5s, and I will not abandon ship. Because I know that this is a bump in the road and Apple will get it right. They will address things people don't like in future releases. But I will mainly stick with them because I know that they nearly always deliver on the claims they make unlike Android and the others. And their products are easy to setup and use and work seamlessly in the background. And don't crash and are generally fun to use. But I don't think Steve Jobs would have let this pass under him. R.I.P

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    This is fantastic. Stupid is as stupid does, Forrest.

• Anyone know how I can download this on a Motorola Rzr? Its not working for me. I googled it, but couldn't find anythig. It also took me three hours to google and cost $17. I'm so frustrated! This Rzr is fucking sexy as shit, but I'm wondering if I'm going for fashion over function.

Halp!