DJing with 180 gram records

gio153gio153 2 Posts
edited September 2013 in Strut Central
Has anyone experience with spinning / turntabling with 180 gram records? Scratchwise, juggling etc, doesn't it work in your disadvantage?

I'm working at a record label issuing music on 180 gram vinyl. Am investigating an idea to get a DJ to do a hip hop routine on film but am worried about the 180 gram thing .

Thanks guys, big fan of the Strut.

Comments

• Yo man, wazzup! This has been weighing my mind for awhile. I came to a compromise though, I just pitch them shits down -8 and I put that Screw flava on it. I get that sluggish, ruggish, tone! I'd film a set, but my girlfriend took away my camera after she found a video of me clipping my toe nails.

• Dude I just modded my 1200s to enable me to scratch 180 gram vinyls!! Shit is butta!! Google 180 gram 1200 mod for more info!

• most of my represses are 180gram, I never fox wit em for cutting, mine feel heavier then dinner plates on 1200's, a couple of my represses are warped as well which I had sorta expected to not have happen given the thickness of the wax (I know nuthin of pressing wax other then what I have watched on youtoobes) and there is probably no chance of getting the warp out of them?

I just received two copies of the new DWG sampler from Jorun and these things seem super thick, kinda feels awkward rocking two copies...they are far more heavier then an older pressed records for sure and some of my Slice-of-Spice pressing are thick as well...

I am going to google the suggestion above and see what happens...

• Are people really out there trying to cut up 180-gram reissues?

Why not just use Serato?

*edit*

Sorry, I read your OG post as "reissuing," not "issuing." Either way, 180-gram wax is no fun to rewind once, let alone run doubles/scratch/etc.