RIP to My Big Brother

Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
edited September 2013 in Strut Central
Hey Strutters,

Due to a tragic illness, my older (and only) brother and fellow Soul Strutter, William R. McKay, passed away on August 24th, 2013. Second only to my father, Will was one of the best people I have ever known. He was a devoted husband (of 23 years), doting father to two sons, and worked in cinema management for nearly 30 years. He was my preeminent musical mentor, exposing me to many artists and forms of music I would have never thought to consider. Will was undoubtedly the most positive, uplifting, accepting, sage, multifaceted, and level-headed person anyone could meet. He was loved by all who were privileged to know him. Rest in peace, William, your legacy will live on forever.

Your little brother,

Patrick

Comments

• i remember when he joined here and someone called him "bigger stacks" or something to that effect. he seemed real chill and knowledgeable, i am sorry i will not get a chance to meet him. i wish i had something more comforting or uplifting to say. i am truly sorry for your loss.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Hey Stacks, my condolences go out to you and your family. As I grow older, I realize more and more the importance of my brother and sister. I believe Michael Jordan said it best when he won a title after his father passed, that he wasn't sad but that he was lucky to have him around for that long. I'm sure the same can be said about your relationship with your brother.

• Condolences. Sounds like a great guy.

• Really sorry to hear that man. Regardless of having never met either of you, I've sincerely always thought of both of you as wonderfully open and giving people. Condolences to you and your family.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Stacks,

I'm very sorry for your loss my dude. Condolences to you and your family.

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    R.I.P. threads are the worst, especially when it is a fellow Strutter. You have my sincerest condolences. If he was anything like his baby brother, he was an exceptional human being.

• So sorry for your loss. I wish comfort to you and your family.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Dear Patrick,

My deepest and most heartfelt condolences to you and yours. I'm very close to my brother and I can't imagine what it would be like to lose him, especially at an early age. Hang in there and take care of yourself during this trying time.
    Sincerely,

Rich

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    my dutch Condolences and a double shot of jenever for the ones we lost.

• My deepest condolences, I can't even fathom losing a sibling.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Terribly sorry to hear this. Hang in there duder, it gets better.

• big hugs to you stacks. im sure your bro considered himself lucky to have great family like you

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I am very sorry for your loss. Our loss.

Glad he was part of our community.
    What a great guy.

Peace,
    Dan

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Condolences from east of the pond, P

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Guys,

I appreciate all of your wonderfully kind sentiments. Indeed, Will was the dude on so many levels I can't even express it justly. He guided me through a lot of tough terrain in my life, taught me tons about music, and simply put, was a great brother and friend. Today is tough because it was on Sundays (one of his days off) when we'd touch base and compare notes for the week. All in all, we have to just live life to the fullest and try to do some good while we're here.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    My condolences P, I seem to recall him on here awhile back, good people just like you.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    The_Non said:
    My condolences P, I seem to recall him on here awhile back, good people just like you.

Thanks, Non, I appreciate your kind words and support. I have to clarify, Will was the 'better one.' I merely followed his (and dad's) shining examples of how to be a good man.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    My sympathies

crabmongerfunk said:
    i remember when he joined here and someone called him "bigger stacks" or something to that effect. he seemed real chill and knowledgeable, i am sorry i will not get a chance to meet him. i wish i had something more comforting or uplifting to say. i am truly sorry for your loss.

Hey Guys,

Here is the thread to which Crabmongerfunk was referring: Will's Introduction on the 'Strut

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• don't know you or your bro, but I am sorry for you loss yo. keep your head up!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Stay strong brother.

• I lost my older sister to cancer, I know what you are going through. My condolences to your family.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    don't know you or your bro, but I am sorry for you loss yo. keep your head up!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    That was a really touching rememberance for your brother. Stay strong.

• Damn Stacks, it sounds like you lost not only a bro but a really close friend. Finding both of these in the same person doesn't always happen and it's special when it does.

LoopDreams said:
    Damn Stacks, it sounds like you lost not only a bro but a really close friend. Finding both of these in the same person doesn't always happen and it's special when it does.

Hey LoopDreams,

You have summed up aptly how close Will and I were. Indeed, our bond was very special as we shared so many memorable experiences. Again, I thank you guys for your kind words of support.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    thanks for this:
    Big_Stacks said:
    All in all, we have to just live life to the fullest and try to do some good while we're here.

i have a dear sister who i would hate to lose. i'm sure it will never be the same, but it has to get better from here. take care.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I'm sorry to hear this Stacks. My condolences to you and your family.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Man, this is horrible news.

Sorry for your loss, Big Stax.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Such sad news. My condolences.