PHOTO STRUT

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
I been seeing a lot of amazing photography lately.. I know there are some talented heads here on ss. I am thinking about getting a camera myself.. I remember seeing photos posted on here and being like .. "damn what kinda camera was that.. or what setting.. etc" can some of ya'll post up some of your favorite pics.. I would love to see them again.. and possibly gain some knowledge.

Comments

• FUCK, I want to go to NYC...but being broke as a joke..I doubt itll happen anytime soon.

• here's some I took in Cuba during the last few weeks:

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    is that girl makin a balloon animal out of a condom ?

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    a few from my recent trip to El Paso

Fast Food Last Supper piece outside Space Available Gallery (SPAG)

a gravestone inside Concordia Cemetery (where gunslinger John Wesley Hardin is buried, not his gravestone though)

sun setting behind Mount Cristo Rey

more here in my flickr account:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/billb23/

• is that girl makin a balloon animal out of a condom ?

i dunno about animal, but yeah she is. ordinary balloons aren't easy to come by over there.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    is that girl makin a balloon animal out of a condom ?

i dunno about animal, but yeah she is. ordinary balloons aren't easy to come by over there.
    and condoms are easy as sida

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Rural Illinois

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Rocking my 1.3Mp Nokia:

• these are from a phone camera? wow!

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Here's a few favs and some different examples of styles of photography. Let me know if you want to know more about how any of them are done, or what button to push on your camera to get it to happen.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Damn, CB! Those are great.

Some assorted ones of mine:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

Wha?, you no like no window panel van with 'free candy' duct taped to the side.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

Wha?, you no like no window panel van with 'free candy' duct taped to the side.

Any takers yet?

• Hey Jspr, can I ask what camera you used for the NYC snapshots? Those colors are beautiful!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Is this uptown at Gaelic Park? Beautiful....

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Here's a question which has got me flummoxed so far and a realhead with knowledge of file formats may be able to address for me:

One of my favourite things to do with a camera is lose it. This has happened twice in the last few years, where I've left it on a table in one place and it's just vanished by the end of the day recently. This is always after a day of taking pics that I'd really have wanted to keep.

One of the things I wanted to do but this time actually got around to doing, was make up two simple text screens saying "This camera belongs to:" and list my phone and email in English, Spanish and German, with "Reward for return". At least this way, they would have an idea of whose camera they have found and the rest is up to their conscience.

So I've got these two .jpg files (done in Windows Paint, nothing fancy) and copied them to the card in the camera, so when the finder browses the pics, they should see my info.

But they don't list when browsing through the shots on the camera. They are there when I browse the card contents on the PC, but there is something about the format or image properties that the camera doesn't like, so it won't list or display them. Any ideas?

The alternative is to (laughs in advance...) get the info jpgs on a screen and then take a photo of the screen with the camera, but that, to a techie, is a nevar-that-son move.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    The alternative is to (laughs in advance...) get the info jpgs on a screen and then take a photo of the screen with the camera, but that, to a techie, is a nevar-that-son move.

Probably the easiest way to do it. Maybe print it out and take a photo of that.

Or I think you'd have to find out the exact type of file format your camera uses and try again. Did you get any picture editing software with the camera? Maybe that would create a more compatible file format. MSPaint is bound to be different.

• man, this thread is dope. lots of cool photos. apparently there are lots of talented photograhpers on the strut.

• my girl has taken some phots I like alot

• Some beautiful pictures in this thread - thanks all!

may i ask what type of cameras you are using (and what you spent on 'em)?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Some beautiful pictures in this thread - thanks all!

may i ask what type of cameras you are using (and what you spent on 'em)?

I primarily rock a Canon 5D with an assortment of lenses. It was all a lot of money 3Gs plus... but I figured better to have beautiful pictures of the seeds than a Boscoe collecting dust.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Bomp

I gots next

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

More stuff here, shoot film so I'm slow to update.

http://www.arnikristjansson.com/?/photography/

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Learning the camera