Trayvon Martin

Comments

• Rockadelic said:
    Jean-ClaudeBanDamned said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Clearly race was not an issue in this heinous crime...

"One of the teens charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Australian baseball player Christopher Lane in Duncan, Okla., previously posted anti-white statements on his Twitter feed."

"On July 15, days after the George Zimmerman verdict, Edwards tweeted ???Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!:) lol shit ima keep sleepin shit! #ayeeee.???

Hey, remember how you approve of the death penalty in Texas even though it's demonstrably applied in a racially biased way?

So you don't actually care about such things.

Meanwhile those kids were busted while waiting across the street for another victim. I know you (like all conservative white guys) have special mind-reading powers, but can you please tell me (apart from the mind-reading) how you know that a white kid, a Hispanic kid, and a black kid were hunting only white victims?

I support the death penalty for all three of these cretins....how's that for equal opportunity.

By the way, not that it makes a difference (anymore than Zimmerman being Hispanic) I've read all three of the indictments and none of the three are listed as Hispanic.

This crime is just as shameful and outrageous(possibly more so) than the Trayvon Martin case and the outrage should be equal.

We were ALL outraged about the Martin case long before there was a trial and verdict.

Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    Above and beyond every other aspect of this story, this is a tragedy plain and simple. The life of a young man has been wasted.
    Once you agree with that simple fact and start to unpack everything else, there are a lot of complicated aspects to this story.
    I'm just glad it's getting the attention it deserves. I'm sure there are a million stories like this that never see the light of day.
    WAKE UP PEOPLE. It's time to stop killing each other!!!

cosign x 1000

Supporting the death penalty for teenagers lumps you into the top 1% of the world's barbarians. Even the current Supreme Court, dominated by a cabal of right-wing sickos, has decided to abolish that practice.

What's the cutoff age for your DP fetish? 10? 12?

This is considered to be a classic piece of legal advocacy and was a turning point in the use of the death penalty on kids. Read it, it may even be powerful enough to touch a Texan heart:

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/leoploeb/darrowclosing.html

But probably not.

And I call PURE bullshit on you claim that "we" were all "outraged" over the Martin case. You have got to be kidding there. Saba and Brian were about as far from "outraged" as you can get. Who is this "we"?

• Rockadelic said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    head for the hills, here come the black people

b/w

let me know when they all get off

If they get off white people will riot in the streets from L.A. to NY

Jeezus, you are just Sean Hannity with a big ass beard.

b/w

Remember all those post-Zimmerman verdict riots your side was predicting? What happened with those?

I'm clean shaven these days

b/w

Sarcasm

Really? Exactly what was the tell?

You advocate executing 15 year old kids... so exactly why would I think you're kidding there?

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Rockadelic said:

"One of the teens charged with first-degree murder in the shooting death of Australian baseball player Christopher Lane in Duncan, Okla., previously posted anti-white statements on his Twitter feed."

"On July 15, days after the George Zimmerman verdict, Edwards tweeted ???Ayeee I knocced out 5 woods since Zimmerman court!:) lol shit ima keep sleepin shit! #ayeeee.???

Hey, remember how you approve of the death penalty in Texas even though it's demonstrably applied in a racially biased way?

Meanwhile those kids were busted while waiting across the street for another victim. I know you (like all conservative white guys) have special mind-reading powers, but can you please tell me (apart from the mind-reading) how you know that a white kid, a Hispanic kid, and a black kid were hunting only white victims?

I support the death penalty for all three of these cretins....how's that for equal opportunity.

By the way, not that it makes a difference (anymore than Zimmerman being Hispanic) I've read all three of the indictments and none of the three are listed as Hispanic.

This crime is just as shameful and outrageous(possibly more so) than the Trayvon Martin case and the outrage should be equal.

We were ALL outraged about the Martin case long before there was a trial and verdict.

Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:
    Above and beyond every other aspect of this story, this is a tragedy plain and simple. The life of a young man has been wasted.
    Once you agree with that simple fact and start to unpack everything else, there are a lot of complicated aspects to this story.
    I'm just glad it's getting the attention it deserves. I'm sure there are a million stories like this that never see the light of day.

cosign x 1000

Supporting the death penalty for teenagers lumps you into the top 1% of the world's barbarians. Even the current Supreme Court, dominated by a cabal of right-wing sickos, has decided to abolish that practice.

This is considered to be a classic piece of legal advocacy and was a turning point in the use of the death penalty on kids. Read it, it may even be powerful enough to touch a Texan heart:

But probably not.

And I call PURE bullshit on you claim that "we" were all "outraged" over the Martin case. You have got to be kidding there. Saba and Brian were about as far from "outraged" as you can get. Who is this "we"?

We the majority......where is your outrage in this case.

b/w

Any human capable of hunting and killing humans for a thrill have lost their right to live imo....if Timothy McVeigh was 15 I'd still want him terminated.

double

Here is the tell.....

http://www.idesigntimes.com/articles/6689/20130716/breaking-los-angeles-riot-explodes-trayvon-martin.htm

• Rockadelic said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Rockadelic said:

Rockadelic said:
    TheKindCromang said:

cosign x 1000

But probably not.

We the majority......where is your outrage in this case.

b/w

Any human capable of hunting and killing humans for a thrill have lost their right to live imo....if Timothy McVeigh was 15 I'd still want him terminated.

The call for outrage from you right-wingers in this case is odd. The killers were caught immediately and charged. The comparison to the Martin case is beyond stupid and misses the point of the outrage over that case so completely that I have to invoke the Bizarro World comparison again.

And you dodged the question, as I knew you would.

What's your cutoff age? Would you cheerfully execute a 7 year old? What is this problem you have with answering tough questions?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Rockadelic said:

Here is the tell.....

http://www.idesigntimes.com/articles/6689/20130716/breaking-los-angeles-riot-explodes-trayvon-martin.htm

There's about 75 people in that pictured labeled "huge crowd".

* edited for better accuracy

• Rockadelic said:

Here is the tell.....

The cops started the violence in LA, not the protesters.

But then since you approve of cop-on-human violence, I know you won't care.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/14/trayvon-martin-los-angeles-protests_n_3596490.html

I expect your usual bacon-scented excuses will be delivered in your usual fashion.

• Bon Vivant said:
    Rockadelic said:

Here is the tell.....

There's about 75 people in that pictured labeled "huge crowd".

* edited for better accuracy
    Hey, Rodney King alone was a "huge crowd."

Cop humor:

The humor lies in the fact that they're not kidding. I guess.

What's your cutoff age? Would you cheerfully execute a 7 year old? What is this problem you have with answering tough questions?

I might be a heartless barbarian but I'm not a hypocrite.

I support the killing of unborn innocent children so why the fuck wouldn't I support the killing of guilty premeditated cold blooded murderers of any age who are tried as adults.

You only support one of those....what a humanitarian you are.

And as a parent, if my child committed premeditated murder I'd still support the death penalty for them.

So there, now you can aim all your outrage at me and my opinions rather than at a 15 year old who dances and laughs about murdering innocent people,,,,as if I give a shit what someone like you thinks about me.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Guns, racism... the only thing this thread is missing is religion to complete the trilogy.

• Rockadelic said:

I might be a heartless barbarian but I'm not a hypocrite.

I support the killing of unborn innocent children so why the fuck wouldn't I support the killing of guilty premeditated cold blooded murderers of any age who are tried as adults.

You only support one of those....what a humanitarian you are.

And as a parent, if my child committed premeditated murder I'd still support the death penalty for them.

So there, now you can aim all your outrage at me and my opinions rather than at a 15 year old who dances and laughs about murdering innocent people,,,,as if I give a shit what someone like you thinks about me.

I'm still waiting for your enlightened answer as to the cutoff age for executions.

I guess you don't have one, and would be quite content to strap a 6 year old kid onto the gurney and flip the switch that would end his or her life in order to slake your twisted desire for vengeance.

I'm not interested in outrage. I'm interested in living in a decent, civil society.

Good day, Mr. Hannity.

(The "unborn innocent children" line was particularly ripe. Cruz 2016 looks forward to your participation.)

• Duderonomy said:
    Guns, racism... the only thing this thread is missing is religion to complete the trilogy.

Fuck a Hannity.

Here is an article by a self professed Liberal Democrat who has taught at Berkeley and currently Columbia which I agree with 100%....enjoy.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/22/viewpoint-dont-ignore-race-in-christopher-lanes-murder/

B/w

Cruz doesn't want a Pro-Choice, Pro Drug Legalization right winger like me.

• Rockadelic said:
    Fuck a Hannity.

Here is an article by a self professed Liberal Democrat who has taught at Berkeley and currently Columbia which I agree with 100%....enjoy.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/08/22/viewpoint-dont-ignore-race-in-christopher-lanes-murder/

B/w

Cruz doesn't want a Pro-Choice, Pro Drug Legalization right winger like me.

McWhorter and you both fail to understand that the initial outrage in the Trayvon/Zimmerman case was over the fact that Zimmerman wasn't arrested. In the Lane case all three suspects were arrested immediately. They'll be convicted, too, and obviously Zimmerman was not.

The right-wing comparison of the two cases is transparent garbage. That you have let yourself get caught up in it is reminiscent of your earlier outrage over the HUGE IRS SCANDAL - which, of course, has turned out to be yet more pure bullshit.

"(T)aught at Berkeley," Jeezus! Do you know how silly and out of date and Fox Newsy that sort of thing sounds? "Even the liberal Washington Post" is a similar phrase.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    the elephant in the room,
    never seems to be discussed

who is george zimmerman's father and what was his former occupation

i think that clears up the mystery of his delayed arrest

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Fuck a Hannity.

Very odd article... first of all, that a self-professed liberal would use self-professed conservative websites such as redstate.com and topconservativenews.com as linked sources for his 'facts', one of which (the 13-year-old burn victim), after a few minutes of investigation, appears to be a mostly fabricated story.

It's even more odd when one considers that he chose to use those for his crime stats, even though crime stats are available in much greater detail and with appropriate context (i.e. data gathering methodology) at the Dept. of Justice. You'd think that someone trying to present an unbiased point of view would have considered that.

• coffinjoe said:

No, it really doesn't. Zimmerman's father was a minor judicial figure in another state, not Florida. His former job had nothing to do with anything that happened.

• Fred_Garvin said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Fuck a Hannity.

Very odd article... first of all, that a self-professed liberal would use self-professed conservative websites such as redstate.com and topconservativenews.com as linked sources for his 'facts', one of which (the 13-year-old burn victim), after a few minutes of investigation, appears to be a mostly fabricated story.

It's even more odd when one considers that he chose to use those for his crime stats, even though crime stats are available in much greater detail and with appropriate context (i.e. data gathering methodology) at the Dept. of Justice. You'd think that someone trying to present an unbiased point of view would have considered that.

McWhorter's a contrarian who is often cited by right-wingers in a "Look, a black guy agrees with me!" kind of way. Here the execrable white supremacist Steve Sailer uses him:

http://isteve.blogspot.com/2013/05/john-mcwhorter-on-richwine.html

It's a mistake to call McWhorter a "Liberal Democrat." He's a social conservative who votes for Democrats sometimes.

http://blacksnob.blogspot.com/2008/04/john-mcwhorter-loves-barack-obama-rest.html

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    coffinjoe said:

No, it really doesn't. Zimmerman's father was a minor judicial figure in another state, not Florida. His former job had nothing to do with anything that happened.

you are fooling yourself

bassie said:

A very brave woman talked a mentally ill man out of killing who knows how many people/children.
    She is a hero.

• coffinjoe said:
    coffinjoe said:

you are fooling yourself

No, I just happen to know more about the case than you do. Robert Zimmerman was a magistrate in Virginia. It's a position lower than judge. He has no more special influence in Florida than a dachshund does.

• Rockadelic said:
    bassie said:

A very brave woman talked a mentally ill man out of killing who knows how many people/children.
    She is a hero.

State of the Union guest 2014 right there.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts

lol

• The troubling thing with the Trayvon matter was the fabricated hysteria over a non-issue, namely the race element. And that was why I unloaded before. Here those that could see through the fog of bias rightly point out the hypocrisy of the media in detailing truly racially motivated crimes. This is because the narrative does not fit the facts. There is an uneasy grudge held by black people and a white paranoia for foreboding retribution for the actions of ancestors that seems to permeate the social atmosphere. Racists are truly rare nowadays. The ones that are, can be found on both sides of the racial divide. Most of us want peace and a fair chance for a good life. But when we have difficulties in achieving our goals, we will, because we are animals, revert back to primal and base instincts.

Most white people would like to forget the past for many reasons. Most blacks want to hold on to the past for reasons that give weight to and are still vital for there life narrative, the struggle against the man, the don't hold me down because of the color of my skin. For many successful blacks I know that the underdog mentality has served them well. They knew that they just can't score the same on tests, they have to go above and beyond to distinguish themselves. A lot of whites are not racist, have never discriminated among there fellow men and are absolutely disgusted by the actions of a minority of their ancestors. They had nothing to do with what went on and are ashamed to be associated with it in the smallest ways.

There has been a revolution in the social and racial mobility for minorities in America unequaled in the first world. I see it all the time. And I'm proud of it. Public school educated I am, and they never glossed over the atrocities inflicted on the West Africans boated over after being sold by their fellow tribe. The victors write the history, but they chose not to ignore or omit what they could have. Now I could go on factually for all the reasons why slavery has existed as long as humans have lived in civilizations, and that the evidence for white slaves are literally written in your holy books, and that here we fought our only Civil War over the issue. Where 400,000 mostly white people died to emancipate the blacks.

And none of these right and articulate marches of logic would mean anything to the bigots that truly troll this board. You see white guy writing about how this situation doesn't qualify for racial hysteria and you reflexively spout your nonsense without slightly diving into the logic of rationality. That is where you lose me, standing on the shore, retelling and re-scripting and sculpting details until they fit into your idea of what went down. We have real problems and they sometimes do fit into racial discrimination and that should not be suppressed, ever. But to fabricate something where there is nothing only invites ridicule and the cold logic of reason and fact to expose blatant untruths and wish-thinking.

So pick your fights wisely and don't rely, as so many of us do, on the media to give the angle and tell us what to think about the situation.
    Many times the media narrative will agree with your internal voice, but you shouldn't be hesitant or reluctant to stride forth and rebuke and rebut nonsense when you hear it on tv or the Internet, don't conform out of tradition or established norms, there is something they are always trying to slip in no matter what. Or so I've found.

In anticipation of rebutals, I should say that I have a truly exhausting list of racially motivated and recent black on white crime that would disturb most and only glaringly highlight the apalling nature and the historical inversion of justice now being visited upon whites. You could be black and know of historical injustices and cite brilliant and articulate arguments like Martin Luther Kings "Letter From Birmingham Jail"',a must read if you've never been inclined, seriously poignant and touching. But the gist is that the same arguments you would refrain from are, despite being as ttouching and brilliant as they are, fit nicely into my monologue about discarding prejudice and race matters and honoring truth, real truth, not the distorted, manipulated, sculpted media script that in a lazy state we just assume they have everyone's best interest in mind.

• Soul Zilla said:
    Racists are truly rare nowadays.

Don't worry. If you need one, in a pinch, just look in the mirror.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I'm down with executing 15-year olds. Point me to the switch.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Jeesh. What a windbag.

btw "Compulsion" great fucking book. Meh movie.