Killer Mike - R.A.P. Music

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited August 2013 in Strut Central
I stumbled on this album by accident on Spotify and it is fucking AWESOME. Produced by El-P. It's grungy and weird and great. I really like it.

I usually feel kind of bored by a lot of modern music so finding something new that I really like is exciting. So check it out.

Comments

• One of my favourite hip hop releases of last year. Much preferred it to El-P's solo joint.

• Check out Run The Jewels, thats their new project.

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Been told to check out both of these's recent work by a few people. Need to get on it.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Run the Jewels is really good.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    RAP Music >>>> Run the Jewels, by miles.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    I dunno about miles... But I'll agree with that.

• I wasn't suggesting that the two were equivalent, just that Gary might want to check out their newest release.

• If you enjoyed RAP Music you'll enjoy Run The Jewels and vice versa. They're both really really strong records, but RAP Music is much more.... structured and purposeful. Not to say there isn't a RTJ purpose, but it isn't as strong as RAP.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Oh fuck it.

Wenis

Lol

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

I agree.

Run The Jewels seems (and probably is) like a side project, as the quality isn't up there (for the most part) with the solo releases from Mike/EL-P last year.
    That said its a really good side project and both Mike and EL-P really really work well trading verses together.

HarveyCanal said:

I agree.

Run The Jewels seems (and probably is) like a side project, as the quality isn't up there (for the most part) with the solo releases from Mike/EL-P last year.
    That said its a really good side project and both Mike and EL-P really really work well trading verses together.

HarveyCanal said:

I agree.