All-Time Favorite TV Show & Movie

2»

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    The Simpsons for TV show, nothing else is close for me. Blazing Saddles for movie. I likes the funny.

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    TV show: Seinfeld
    Movie: Repo Man

Honorable Mention Movie: Raging Bull
    Honorable Mention TV Show: Arrested Development

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    The Wire (..ahem..) / Dazed and Confused

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    "Boardwalk Empire" is my favorite show on TV right now.... my favorite film of all time is impossible to pick but i'll say "The Third Man".

• hiptonehiptone 112 Posts
    parallax said:
    Pulp Fiction for movies

Royal of Cheese.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Homicide/Trailer Park Boys

no movie :long:

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    plainstone said:

audrey horn is top 5 all time life-altering boyhood crushes for me.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Wire.
    I have watched way too much tv in my life and the almost all of it ranges from terrible to mediocre. So picking best tv is easy.

There are many, many great movies, I have not seen enough.

I thought this thread was going to be, All Time Favorite TV Show That Was Also A Movie. Like Mash.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    twin peaks for show and festen for movie please

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    I think I will change my movie to pretty obscure one that Ive only just watched for a second time (after the first time 6 months ago) so maybe hard to justify an all-time ranking, but no other movie that I can remember has had me so enthralled.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I just discovered Twin Peaks thanks to this thread. I like the concept of the surrealistic soap opera with sci-fi and murder mystery elements in it. I had no idea it had such a large following.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Twin Peaks was good at first, but then quickly fell apart the second season. To me it just seemed like they were throwing in shit just to be weird and provocative later in the series.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    mattB said:
    I think I will change my movie to pretty obscure one that Ive only just watched for a second time (after the first time 6 months ago) so maybe hard to justify an all-time ranking, but no other movie that I can remember has had me so enthralled.

Primer is pretty awesome. Anyone seen Upstream Color? Looks interesting:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    motown67 said:
    Twin Peaks was good at first, but then quickly fell apart the second season. To me it just seemed like they were throwing in shit just to be weird and provocative later in the series.

I'm nearing the end of the series with the beauty pageant story arc and I noticed the same thing. The wheels started to come off once the Laura Palmer case was wrapped up (and when the ratings started to decline, apparently). I have yet to see the Fire Walk With Me movie.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    Electrode said:
    motown67 said:

I'm nearing the end of the series with the beauty pageant story arc and I noticed the same thing. The wheels started to come off once the Laura Palmer case was wrapped up (and when the ratings started to decline, apparently). I have yet to see the Fire Walk With Me movie.

I think the story goes that the network forced them to solve the Laura Palmer murder, at which point the series lost its focus and petered out.

Fire Walk With Me isn't as good, but is still worth watching.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    Anyone seen Upstream Color? Looks interesting:

Excellent flick.

• rootlesscosmo said:
    It may well be Blues Brothers.

Blues Brothers hands down for me, has been since I was a kid and way to young to have seen it. I read the book the other day which was a really good read actually; Dan Akroyd and John Landis wrote the screenplay then gave it to a guy named Miami Mitch to write into a book while they shot the movie, so it differs quite a lot in places and gives a lot of back story that's not covered in the film. It's also weird in points where some of the best quotes/occurences (for lack of a better term) don't have as much emphasis as in the movie.

TV show I'm not sure, I might say the Inbetweeners (UK) for comedy, got really big into Luther when I watched it all back to back to recap before the third season (if you're into dark, incredibly well written shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter etc. then definitely check this out, it's on Netflix).

Or maybe the IT Crowd. Not trying to keep it British but they're the first that come to mind - for US maybe Dexter or Breaking Bad?? Not an easy choice for top spot...

• rootlesscosmo said:
    It may well be Blues Brothers.

Blues Brothers hands down for me, has been since I was a kid and way to young to have seen it. I read the book the other day which was a really good read actually; Dan Akroyd and John Landis wrote the screenplay then gave it to a guy named Miami Mitch to write into a book while they shot the movie, so it differs quite a lot in places and gives a lot of back story that's not covered in the film. It's also weird in points where some of the best quotes/occurences (for lack of a better term) don't have as much emphasis as in the movie.

TV show I'm not sure, I might say the Inbetweeners (UK) for comedy, got really big into Luther when I watched it all back to back to recap before the third season (if you're into dark, incredibly well written shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter etc. then definitely check this out, it's on Netflix).

Or maybe the IT Crowd. Not trying to keep it British but they're the first that come to mind - for US maybe Dexter or Breaking Bad?? Not an easy choice for top spot...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I love repo man so much. It might be my favorite too.

I don't watch much tv but the last show that I actually enjoyed was Sherlock.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    series: the prisoner (original)
    movie: 2001

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts