Diggin Friendly Record Bags

defcondefcon 30 Posts
edited August 2013 in Strut Central
I have discovered a very practical record bag.
It's called BackTpack.
It is like a vest with two bags on the left and right side, ergonomically constructed to allow for better comfort and posture than a backpack. The load goes onto your vertical axis and hips, rather than hanging off your shoulders like a regular backpack.
It has room to carry round 80 records on your body (perfect for gigs in bars where you cannot afford a cab).
Even if it's filled, you can still sit or kneel down and dig in crates.
It's handy for traveling (it qualifies as a "personal item" on airlines, so you can bring an additional carry-on).
You can ride a bike without it getting in your way.

Attached are some photos.

For more info check http://www.backtpack.com

Happy Diggin'
Discodef

Comments

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    The epitome of function over form.

• defcondefcon 30 Posts
    Who cares about looking good if you're in a cave of records? :nagl:

• if you are 90lbs it makes you the width of a normal sized man, if you are of an average size, it makes you the width of two people. good job.

please find me a shot of a fat man wearing this contraption b/w good luck pulling chicks if you are out in public wearing that.

• it's obviously styled on a baby bjorn!

chicks dig dudes with babies..........records aren't quite the same HA

• defcondefcon 30 Posts
    Haha, my babe gets upset if I come home without records.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    This item is missing some crucial features for an even more soothing digging experience. There has to be a little tank for drinks on the back that you can sip through an extra long drinking straw without stopping to flip through the crates, so you don't risk to die from dehydration.
    Would be perfect to integrate the bags and the tank into a cratedigging-overall made from breathable goretex-fiber that has integrated soft pads to protect your kneecaps while digging crates kneeling on the floor. Fold-out gloves would be nice too for winter-digs and an extendable headlight for the early bird moments on the flea. There's still a lot of work to be done but we'll get there.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Soulstrut's true record collectro legacy: the digger onesie.

Let's do this.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    disco_che said:
    This item is missing some crucial features for an even more soothing digging experience. There has to be a little tank for drinks on the back that you can sip through an extra long drinking straw without stopping to flip through the crates, so you don't risk to die from dehydration.
    Would be perfect to integrate the bags and the tank into a cratedigging-overall made from breathable goretex-fiber that has integrated soft pads to protect your kneecaps while digging crates kneeling on the floor. Fold-out gloves would be nice too for winter-digs and an extendable headlight for the early bird moments on the flea. There's still a lot of work to be done but we'll get there.

there should be a version that comes with a mask and a wet wipe dispenser, for the more adventurous digger.

also, a fold-out portable that hangs over your torso.

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    face mask connected to tube that hovers between your hands allowing you to rapidly smell the covers as you flip through them. I might patent this.

• defcondefcon 30 Posts
    OK, the gore-tex and drink supply is already in but for the other essential features I'll try to talk the producer into enhancing it. Maybe they just sew the backTpack onto an ABC/Nuclear Shelter Tent. Would that satisfy you?
    Attached files

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    yeah that feels sufficiently "in the field" for me thanks

• defcondefcon 30 Posts
    I didn't try them yet but there's also small sizes for 45s. comes with an automatic x-ray grade-o-mat.

• HOTSOUPHOTSOUP 63 Posts

• defcondefcon 30 Posts
    Jspr said:

Dope! Jared, Forrest and all. RIP Big City Records. The blueprint of a diggers record shop!