REP Your Autographed Records...

sloppywhitesloppywhite 230 Posts
edited January 2008 in Strut Central
Personalized or simply autographed let me see what you got. There???s gotta be some good ones out there in Strutter-ville. And if this topic is a repeat, please to point me to the post so I can see???em.Here???s one of mine, personalized from The Man himself back in 94.Sorry for the glare, but it's been framed ever since.

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Got my "ALL 'N ALL" album signed by Verdine White, Phillip Bailey and Ralph Johnson. They signed this for me when we did a show with them in July 2007 here in Seattle.

• If you get to see him, do it. He puts on a really fun show, no matter how many people are watching. Him and his buddy were doing syncronized dance routines. So much fun.

• Weird, just stumbled across these ones the other day in my stacks...

funny thing, on a glorious digging day in probably 96? i bought a young kids record collection at the flea market, and he was a hiphop dj in the early 90's and bought some great singles in that period. so in one fell swoop, i got lightly used gangstarr's, ultramags, main source, pete rock and cls, on and on.. probably 40 bangers!
    anyways get them home and start messin with them and find that some of them are signed like this show and ag, and nice + smooth.

crazy thing is my name is scott, too!

• If you get to see him, do it. He puts on a really fun show, no matter how many people are watching. Him and his buddy were doing syncronized dance routines. So much fun.

yes, indeed Mr 7!

bruceforce, that's a good story and a hell of a coincedence.

keep'em coming, ya'll!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    here's some hip-hop ones... nas, the whole bored stiff

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Autographed AND sealed!

(He ripped the corner of the shrink off)

• I have more than this, but these are my faves

the raerest, Al Jackson

• I have a bunch but they aren't signed by the artist. Remember the late 60s, early 70s when everybody used to write their names on their records?

• I have a bunch but they aren't signed by the artist. Remember the late 60s, early 70s when everybody used to write their names on their records?

all the time, here's an example I love

this went missing one night at a party and 2 weeks later i spot it in another guy's record bag, and he claims it's not my copy!

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Thelma Houston on her first record with the yellow motif, which I cannot find right now, from an Amoeba show some years ago where she sang over prerecorded instros.

• Autographs from 4 members of my favorite Naptown funk band.

A little Rudy Ray Moore action.

Weird acid trip influenced album from and autographed by Robert Greely...reads "Dave happy b-day & welcome to the 30's their outa sight, Bob"

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Autographed AND sealed!

Where? When? Is he still doing comedy? Details, pleez! (((grin)))

They say that when that album came out (in '72, I think it was), he was working at a noted collector's store in New York (Colony Records)...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Went in to a local shop today that has had a copy of the 1st Zeppelin LP autograhed by the band for $1K.

It was gone.......clerk told me that Tony Romo bought it just before X-mas.

Said it was a gift for his girlfriend's father!!!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

Autographed AND sealed!

They say that when that album came out (in '72, I think it was), he was working at a noted collector's store in New York (Colony Records)...

Caught that at a thrift in BK a couple weeks ago, wish I coulda seen him sign it in person. I haven't broken the seal yet, you have any idea what I'm missing? Hilarity? Can I cash it in sealed as ebay gold??

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts

(of course this will be way cooler if/when I get a chance to see Anthony Braxton)

(i will get another shot at having Mr. Tyner sign this in a few weeks)

and these aren't records, but they are my prized possessions:

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

Autographed AND sealed!

Caught that at a thrift in BK a couple weeks ago, wish I coulda seen him sign it in person. I haven't broken the seal yet, you have any idea what I'm missing? Hilarity? Can I cash it in sealed as ebay gold??

I've never heard the album and don't know what the going eBay price is - it's just that one-album comedians are even MORE obscure than one-album musicians, and somebody like Howard Thomashefsky (whose album I've seen in many a used bin for relatively cheap) was the last person I expected to turn up in this thread.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Bob James Three

Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds 12"
    signed by Alex Patterson
    "Fluffy Greetings Orb We Trust! LX"

Meat Beat Manifesto - Suck Hard 12"
    signed by Jack Dangers
    "Hey Bill - Jack MBM 98"

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Brother J autographed some X-Clan records for me. Beyond that, I got nuthin'. My old roommate had an autographed Stereolab poster that everybody who came to the house used to cream their jeans over, though

I got Freda Payne's auto a couple of weeks ago

BTW, she doesn't mind sampling, but she does not like, of all rappers, Styles P because of this...

Bottom with the sunspot is David Batteau

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Pulled this for $1 at a random stop in a salvation army store.

• "Resurrection" Common, signed to petey wheatstraw (Peter)
    "Soulful Fruit" Rob Swift

• Oh Canada....Best Wishes from Frank Motley
    Attached files

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    Does floppy vinyl count?

• To Samantha,
    Your buddy Glenn.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

I'm impressed with the James Brown, Galt and Beyonce ones. I found some more...

This is the one I was referring to earlier in this thread

• signed by:

dot-a-rock
    popmaster fabel
    busy bee
    jdl
    grandmaster caz
    tony tone
    crazy legs
    grand wizard theodore
    fab 5 freddy
    melle mel