Trayvon Martin

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    LokoOne said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    hows being hyper levered to china treating australia bro

Well we don't owe them trillions and we aint in a recession so I guess its okay.

Neither does/is the US, so you're in good company.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    From usgovinfo on about.con

The largest foreign holder of U.S. debt is China, which owns more about $1.2 trillion in bills, notes and bonds, according to the Treasury.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/tic/Documents/mfh.txt
    trillions and a third

china held 477bn end of 2007
    broke 1tr with 1160 end of 2010

def not in a recession though!

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    skel said:

The largest foreign holder of U.S. debt is China, which owns more about $1.2 trillion in bills, notes and bonds, according to the Treasury.

I think the plan is to run it up a little higher and then have the whole country declare bankruptcy.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    skel said:

I think the plan is to run it up a little higher and then have the whole country declare bankruptcy let the missiles fly.

skel said:

Correct.

1.2 trillion is not "trillions".

sabadabada said:
    skel said:

I think the plan is to run it up a little higher and then have the whole country declare bankruptcy.

Paul Ryan's plan, passed by the GOP House, intends to run it up an extra $6 trillion.

Your idea of the plan, declaring bankruptcy, would violate the Constitution.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    whew good thing no one gives a shit about the constitution anymore am I rite

Bon Vivant said:
    skel said:

Correct.

::happy day::
    So sleep easy dudes, you're free from China using that holding to keep forex rates favourable for the export game, and there's no chance they'll threaten to sell TBills to cause havoc in world economies!

Oh wait....

skel said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    skel said:

Correct.

So sleep easy dudes, you're free from China using that holding to keep forex rates favourable for the export game, and there's no chance they'll threaten to sell TBills to cause havoc in world economies!

Oh wait....

Why would they do that? They need a strong world economy, which includes a strong US economy, in order for their economy to sustain itself in the mid and long term.

They need us.

It's also only about 8% of our total debt. Soooooo scarrrrrryyyyyyyy.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    skel said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    skel said:

Correct.

Oh wait....
    fed will just buy that shit the fuck up bro
    can't stop the debt machine

skel said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    skel said:

Correct.

Oh wait....

Upon further review, they already sold off 97% of their US T-bills http://cnsnews.com/news/article/china-has-divested-97-percent-its-holdings-us-treasury-bills

The world did not end.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    skel said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    skel said:

Correct.

Oh wait....

Upon further review, they already sold off 97% http://cnsnews.com/news/article/china-has-divested-97-percent-its-holdings-us-treasury-bills

The world did not end.

China Has Divested 97 Percent of Its Holdings in U.S. Treasury Bills June 3, 2011 - 4:29 PM -

And does your dumbass even know the difference between a bill, note, and bond?

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    sabadabada said:

OK, now that's funny.

PatrickCrazy said:

And does your dumbass even know the difference between a bill, note, and bond?

I don't answer questions from people that don't know what a question mark means.

KTHNXBAI.

sabadabada said:

LOL!

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    LOL @ that being your permanent dodge. Good one bro.

Just admit that you Google shit to "argue" without having any knowledge on the topic. Your fucking article spells that shit out plainly but you can't even be bothered to read it. I guess as long as the headline matches your agenda and it's not by WSJ it's okay to post.

PatrickCrazy said:

Just admit that you Google shit to "argue" without having any knowledge on the topic. Your fucking article spells that shit out plainly but you can't even be bothered to read it. I guess as long as the headline matches your agenda and it's not by WSJ it's okay to post.

Using something twice does not make it "permanent".

Are you as stupid IRL as you are here?

Homey mentioned t-bills. Your hard on for me made you forget that.

Apologies, lets just call it marketable US govt debt.

It all adds up to the same thing.

skel said:
    Apologies, lets just call it marketable US govt debt.

It all adds up to the same thing.

The US has a HUGE debt, there's no doubt about it.

It's a long term problem, indeed.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

You're either full of shit and didn't read your article or are being intellectually dishonest and deliberately used an article with not only stale but misleading data. You argue that $1.25tr is 8% of US debt, say that it's NBD, and then post an article saying LOOK SEE NO PROB when the article clearly states that it was a small % of their overall holdings and that it did not amount to a sizable net decrease in their overall holdings.

Also, given the topic of your conversation, treasury (anything) is an interchangeable term and no one would question it unless tenor was also mentioned.

PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

You're either full of shit and didn't read your article or are being intellectually dishonest and deliberately used an article with not only stale but misleading data. You argue that $1.25tr is 8% of US debt, say that it's NBD, and then post an article saying LOOK SEE NO PROB when the article clearly states that it was a small % of their overall holdings and that it did not amount to a sizable net decrease in their overall holdings.

Also, given the topic of your conversation, treasury (anything) is an interchangeable term and no one would question it unless tenor was also brought up.

Repeated for you because you seem to be having a hard time grasping this simple concept due your obsession with me: Homey mentioned T-bills, specifically.

Be honest, you have a picture of Rick Rude in your studio apartment, don't you? And you call it BV, don't you?

Justice For Trayvon!

• sabadabada said:
    Justice For Trayvon!

It's genuinely sad that you consider that to be a joke.

I consider this thread on chinese economics to be a joke.

And you. I consider you to be a joke as well.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Also, given the topic of your conversation, treasury (anything) is an interchangeable term and no one would question it unless tenor was also brought up.

Repeated for you because you seem to be having a hard time grasping this simple concept due your obsession with me: Homey mentioned T-bills, specifically.

Be honest, you have a picture of Rick Rude in your studio apartment, don't you? And you call it BV, don't you?
    And I'm saying it doesn't matter what he mentioned given the topic of conversation. Anyone who knows what they are talking about on this wouldn't make a distinction unless there was further context.

Let's play your game for a second though and assume you were only talking about T-Bills. We'll stick with stale and misleading data because somehow this topic was about US debt from nearly 5 years ago. You quote dude's statement on China selling T-Bills and say it's 8% of overall debt. Not sure where you're from but they seem to do some funny math there. Quotes from your article:

China has dropped 97 percent of its holdings in U.S. Treasury bills, decreasing its ownership of the short-term U.S. government securities from a peak of $210.4 billion in May 2009 to $5.69 billion in March 2011, the most recent month reported by the U.S. Treasury

T-bills, $210.4bn peak

At the end of August 2008, before the financial bailout and the stimulus, the publicly marketable segment of the U.S. national debt was 4.88 trillion. Of that, $2.56 trillion was in the intermediate-term Treasury notes, $1.22 trillion was in short-term Treasury bills, $582.8 billion was in long-term Treasury bonds, and $521.3 billion was in TIPS. At the end of March 2011, by which time the Chinese had dropped their Treasury bill holdings 97 percent from their peak, the publicly marketable segment of the U.S. national debt had almost doubled from August 2008, hitting $9.11 trillion. Of that $9.11 trillion, $5.8 trillion was in intermediate-term Treasury notes, $1.7 trillion was in short-term Treasury bills; $931.5 billion was in long-term Treasury bonds, and $640.7 billion was in TIPS.

Total debt from anywhere around that peak period ranged from $4.88 to 9.11tr. Please show how $210.4bn equates to 8% of any of those.

• sabadabada said:

" An Ohio firearms group has raised more than $12,000 to be spent on guns or a security system for George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted in the fatal shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida. But the money could end up being used to pay for Zimmerman's defense costs and fees.

The $12,150.37 check that the group wrote to Zimmerman is the result of a fundraising effort that was launched because the group believes Zimmerman's gun rights are being violated by the U.S. Department of Justice. The department has taken all the evidence from the trial, including the gun that killed Martin, as part of a civil rights investigation. "

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-gun-group-raises-12-183111851.html

So how much did you donate, sabby?

I figure you were good for the 37 cents.

Jean-ClaudeBanDamned said:
    sabadabada said:

" An Ohio firearms group has raised more than $12,000 to be spent on guns or a security system for George Zimmerman, the former neighborhood watch volunteer who was acquitted in the fatal shooting of unarmed teenager Trayvon Martin in Florida. But the money could end up being used to pay for Zimmerman's defense costs and fees.

The $12,150.37 check that the group wrote to Zimmerman is the result of a fundraising effort that was launched because the group believes Zimmerman's gun rights are being violated by the U.S. Department of Justice. The department has taken all the evidence from the trial, including the gun that killed Martin, as part of a civil rights investigation. "

http://news.yahoo.com/ohio-gun-group-raises-12-183111851.html

So how much did you donate, sabby?

I figure you were good for the 37 cents.

Hey, Sabby only looks out for one guy ... Sabby!