Anyone see that photo of Biz Marks custom 1200s

El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
Supreme posted a pic of Biz on facebook w some custom 1200s made specifically for 45s...

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    WOWOWOW

b/w

the straight tone arms are kinda ugly

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Nobody beats the Biz!!!!

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Scratch says they are SL-700's. Still never heard of these...tips hat to Biz

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i don't know the science behind it, but i remember somebody telling me years ago that straight tone arms are far more beneficial for the DJ who likes to zigga-zigga.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    i don't know the science behind it, but i remember somebody telling me years ago that straight tone arms are far more beneficial for the records being playedquote]

fixed

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i don't know the science behind it, but i remember somebody telling me years ago that straight tone arms are far more beneficial for the records being playedquote]

fixed
    touche my friend.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts

fixed

No, it is actually better for scratching. My understanding is (regarding records being simply played) that straight tone arm can potentially harm the record and make for uneeded distortion in the sound quality. Audiophiles who simply want to play a record should avoid straight tone arms.

This pretty much explains what I've been told regarding the straight tone arm vs the S: http://www.kabusa.com/str8_doc.htm

As a scratch nerd and dude who also like to just let a record play, I hate a straight tone arm.

Ok so they are SL 700's apparently Biz is the only person with them...

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Huh? The top pic has straight tone arms, the pic just above has curved arms?

maybe it's some sort of bendy-arm nano technology thingy? absorbs vibrations better and better suited for Gumby DJs?

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts

Duderonomy said:
    Huh? The top pic has straight tone arms, the pic just above has curved arms?

According to the comments on the instagram page I took the s armed/ turntable pic from Biz had the tables modified to straight tone arms they even named to company that modified the tonearms.

• I was freaking out when Muro posted these photos. So cool! Custom made for the BIZ? sheeeesh....that dude is top secret.

Those "45" 45 adapter are sick too.

:bizzo:

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Pretty sure they are made from these:

combined with 1200 parts.

If I was a 45 DJ, I would seriously want a pair of these.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Horseleech said:

If I was a miniature DJ, I would seriously want a pair of these.

• ^^^ Aren't 45 DJ's the only kind of DJ anymore? I'm the lame with tons of 33's nobody wants to hear. shm...

• Horseleech said:

They are not.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Horseleech said:

I'm a 45s DJ, and I have zero desire to own a pair of those. But by the looks of it, I'm the only 45s DJ who isn't going nuts over them, so I guess I'm an anomaly.

• tiny mixer too...

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Horseleech said:

I'm a 45s DJ, and I have zero desire to own a pair of those. But by the looks of it, I'm the only 45s DJ who isn't going nuts over them, so I guess I'm an anomaly.

I'm with you... I like having that extra slipmat space in case I have a shaky 45 on the decks.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DJ_Enki said:
    Horseleech said:

You mean these innovative new turntables don't do anything my normal tables can't do?

Go ahead and name your price then.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Sobriety Won said:
    Horseleech said:

They are not.

Not even close.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    it's not like these are the biz's only turntables. c'mon people. how can you front on those??????

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Those a freakin' slick machines, they just look so perfect.

• My SL-1200MK2s already play 45s. Do this play 12"ers?

m :ehhx2: