TORONTO WHAT'S THE DEAL???

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    there are openers..i'm only interested in the rub, you know?

i've never been inside the place.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Can only find this pic

Which is really shitty and doesn't show anything.

• pasepase 89 Posts
    wooooooooo!

play can't herp it prease...

The Remix? DONE!

The todd terje joint?

uh. yeah.

• Options
    It's long and thin with a raised dining area seperated from the dancefloor. Traffic can be a problem along the main artery beside the bar. Been to good parties there and some very bad ones. The place will fillup, no problem...and the dancefloor is alright when every body is getting down and sweaty...and we'll be there!

After hours just south of there...

K.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    there might be two dj booths setup........one in the front by the bar/dining area when the place hasn't packed up enough to warrant dj'ing at the dancefloor area.

the back has a djm 600 + 2 1200's + 2 cdj 800's.............from my hazy memory. Booth is elevated slightly on a stage.

going by the sponsors, you'll see your fair share of sb boxfresh don't step or my sneaks or you'll get dudes........basically think of all the dudes who hang out at union talking amongst themselves while you get ignored looking at the merchandise.

• I got a gig that nite but will try n make it out to hear them dangerous juxtapositions.

• there!

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

i've never been inside the place.

AYOOOOO

(can a girl get an ayo?...that's kinda like a guy saying "i'm only insterested in the stroke, you know? i've never held the thing")

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Toronto whats the deal??? I mean come on, really.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i'l try to reach (i look like my avatar, says whats up if u see me)

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

it is supposed to be just us all night

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    DB'S BEST BETS

THE RUB

Though I'm growing weary of the multitude of mediocre mash-ups heard in clubs and flooding the 'net, I must direct your attention to three masters of the mix: NYC DJs Ayres (pictured), Cosmo Baker and Eleven. Together, they throw a much-hyped funky classics and hip-hop monthly in Brooklyn called The Rub. Hot on the heels of their acclaimed It's the Motherfucking Remix EPs and CD, the trio return to T.O. to bring the fun. Friday (Aug. 26) at Supermarket, 268 Augusta. $10.

http://www.eye.net/eye/issue/issue_08.25.05/beat/bpw.html

it is supposed to be just us all night

the website lists openers...?

• Options
    Wild Turkey?

Wild Turkey?

i will be amazed if supermeatmarket has wild turkey - it might be a jameson's kind of night. what time are you heading over there?

• Options
    Going over to Knuckles house before hand - we should show up early, it'll likel be busy.

K.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    had a phuckn blast.

you dudes threw out a nice show, nice to see a toronto crowd getting down like that. nice meeting you outside Cosmo. how many other struters were in attendance (i was the brown dude with the glasses). had the pleasure of meeting miss bassie. i was moving too much that night, like some sweating the oldies type sheit. nicely done!

-shawn

Y0... I walked in the spot with missbassie & The smiths playin' over Run DMC??? And it sounded fucking HOT!!!

I was lookin' for you Shawn, but no luck.

K from Canada is the dude... Sell y0 collections to him or me!!

Finally got to meet Aser... Ur da man!

The music was dope, but then I knew that going in...

Cosmo, it was great meeting you. Thx for the good night. Ayres didn't get a chance to meet you, but thx for gettin' me on the dance floor more than once!

Missbassie... Ur ma gurl... I'm guessing you drank me under the table, since I left first!! I knew I shouldn't mess with anyone that drinks doubles (no ice no water WOW)

Great night! thx guys!

• CueCue 26 Posts
    pics?

• slushslush 691 Posts
    shouts to aliencosmo, souLfriere K (hehe), and missbassie!

nice to meet yall in the real world, even if i was way the heck faded

THE RUB KILLLLLLLED IT~!

ps. could someone tell me why my dude steve came back from the pool with broken ankles!?!? hah

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    he didn't really break his ankles did he?

cosmo and ayres are like crazy little kids man.......teehee!

good seeing everybody........I'll have some pics up later.

• Options
    Mucho respect to Cosmo, Ayers, Billie, MissDisappear (lucky for me, i went to look for you (outside) and the afterhours got bumrushed by 17 squad cars in the meantime!), Slush, Aser, and the girls that put up with my drunken banter.

Lets do it again soon.

k.

they wouldn't let me back in! i went to the bank and that was a trip and a half cause none of the the atms were working. when i got back, dude at the door was different and he was like 'no way'. i guess that worked out well for both of us!

thank you to The Rub, DOR, KL, D** and all the eye candy for a fabulous night. i had a such a good time dancing, drinking, chatting and leering. So nice to meet everyone (Aser thank you for the brutal honesty!).

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    wow my isp sucks........bandwith allotment is doo doo.

Classic...

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Did you guys break into a water park??

That rules!!

Miss Bassie and AlieNDN??

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    3rd time in T-Dot this year and by far the best. Each time I've rolled up it's been on a serious lack of sleep but severe commitment to throw down mega hard. The other 2 parties I did (99 Sudbury) were jam packed but this one was amazing because it felt like a great group of friends just hanging out and the intimatcy factor was high.

We got in and just kicked it in the city for a couple of hours, but not really enough to do anything productive except to get our minds right for the evening's events. I labeled this shit an "international incident" and with good reason because we all ended up being on some real rock & roll shit by the time 7 AM came and went.

Shouts to AlieNDN who came up to me and was like "Hey! AlienIVERSON?"

Big shouts to my main man Aser who was solid as a rock for the entire night.

Flavor shouts to my man DOR who I didn't even see until the end of the night and damn near grabbed me up coming from the John. You're that dude.

Heavy shouts to Slush and his lady Tiana (gotta feed Tiana mang) for being mega trill. I played 2 Freeway songs that night (although not "What We Do") and I was hoping you heard them.

Huge shouts to K in Canana for just being my motherfucking dude.

Gargantuan shouts to MissBassie for being torontosoreal, and the highlight of my evening.

I don't remember much. I was pretty faded by the time we broke into that pool thing.

• parenparen 537 Posts

dude, world's just keep colliding through this collective... my man steve dropped me a note about crutches this weekend... i can only assume that this photo was taken just pre-injury. well done, waterslides are where it's at, but where's the ass n' titties hundids n' fitties???

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

dude, world's just keep colliding through this collective... my man steve dropped me a note about crutches this weekend... i can only assume that this photo was taken just pre-injury. well done, waterslides are where it's at, but where's the ass n' titties hundids n' fitties???

This was taken on the way in. I think he broke his feet on the way out. "It ain't my fault!"