Trayvon Martin

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    day said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    LaserWolf said:
    GZ has shown zero signs of remorse and has a 'rest of his life'.

This can't be overstated.

Not to feed into demonizing this guy but everything about his attitude here is purely triumphant and... is that a smirk at the very end of this clip?

"Gods plan"... ???

The only appealing thing about the phantasy of there being a god would be that there would be a very, very special place in hell for all of these overzealous , sanctimonious hypocrites that would make the torture chambers of the Spanish Inquisition look like a petting zoo.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    Zimmerman asking for apologies from the African American citizens on Hannity is just beyond....

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Stevie Wonder speaks from the heart and announces he won't perform in Florida (or any other state) again until the Stand Your Ground laws are abolished

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Frank said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    "Do you feel that you wouldn't be here for this interview if you didn't have a gun?"

"No, sir."

whut?

Actually, that's probably the only 100% true thing this guy ever said since the killing.

If he didn't have a gun, he would have called 911 from the safety of his SUV to inform them of a "suspicious" individual walking down the street and that would have been the end of it. No stalking, no confrontation, no killing, no trial and no interview would have ensued. Trayvon might have have been stopped by police while continuing his way home for no other reason but being black but that would have been it.

he's actually saying the opposite: that he *doesn't* feel he wouldn't be there were it not for his having a gun.

he's confused by an axceedingly simple question, but more than that it's the obvious fact that he's been extensively coached to just deny everything: deny guilt, remorse, etc. he's talking like a trained parrot.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Frank said:
    rootlesscosmo said:
    "Do you feel that you wouldn't be here for this interview if you didn't have a gun?"

"No, sir."

whut?

Actually, that's probably the only 100% true thing this guy ever said since the killing.

If he didn't have a gun, he would have called 911 from the safety of his SUV to inform them of a "suspicious" individual walking down the street and that would have been the end of it. No stalking, no confrontation, no killing, no trial and no interview would have ensued. Trayvon might have have been stopped by police while continuing his way home for no other reason but being black but that would have been it.

he's actually saying the opposite: that he *doesn't* feel he wouldn't be there were it not for his having a gun.

he's confused by an axceedingly simple question

Or the double negative.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    This ain't about taking our guns away, so stop already.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    That's freeeeeedom, man!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    cove said:
    That's freeeeeedom, man!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

cove said:
    That's freeeeeedom, man!

Right, it is. For if anyone including cops and military can wield guns, I don't want anyone prohibiting me from doing the same. Call it the freedom to live on an even playing field, if you will. Plus, as I've experienced first hand this week camping up in Idaho, we still have an actual frontier to live in, with real live grizzly bears and packs of wolves and such. My dad brought an AR-15 and a couple of handguns along for our protection and guess what...nobody got "assaulted".

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    You are free to kill each other with guns

Many congrats on that freedom

Lol

• HarveyCanal said:
    cove said:
    That's freeeeeedom, man!

Right, it is. For if anyone including cops and military can wield guns, I don't want anyone prohibiting me from doing the same. Call it the freedom to live on an even playing field, if you will. Plus, as I've experienced first hand this week camping up in Idaho, we still have an actual frontier to live in, with real live grizzly bears and packs of wolves and such. My dad brought an AR-15 and a couple of handguns along for our protection and guess what...nobody got "assaulted".

i'm sorry. now how exactly do the percentages of guns used by the armed forces against innocent civilians of america stack up against god's ordained private militia against innocent black kids of america?

"give em enough [del]rope[/del] guns"

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Are there successful instances of citizens with guns going against police or military?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    skel said:

Lol

Still, without guns, you end up with a lot of this in London, no?

No,

Bunch of gun-toting entitled mugs.

An idea for you gun dudes:

Have a 400million way Mexican stand-off, pull the triggers and the last dude left alive wins the Stand Your Ground award, gets his face on a bank note and a place in the Serial Killer HOF.

And post YouTube or your (sic) soft.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    cove said:
    That's freeeeeedom, man!

I'm having a hard time seeing any logic or sense in this, from leveling the playing field with police and military to taking an assault rifle on a camping trip for use as a bear deterrent or to fight packs of wolfs...

When was the last time wolfs attacked a group of campers?

Wouldn't a few cans of bear pepper-spray be just as effective and less hazardous to your fellow campers then spraying the grounds with an assault rifle?

Not even going to get into the "gotta have guns to be able to step up to military and police, you weren't serious with that part, no?

Not that I'm against guns per se, we recently had to arm ourselves due to an increase of violent home invasions and totally ineffective local police, I only hope I'll never have to use any of this shit.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    skel said:

Lol

Still, without guns, you end up with a lot of this in London, no?

No guns + more running = less fat people

Y'all like being soft batch, so be that. Just quit trying to force it upon others.

Wolves and grizzly bears, which have been reintroduced by federal mandate against the will of locals here in Idaho, have been running rampant both killing livestock and attacking outdoorsmen fairly regularly as of late. And if a pack of wolves attacks, you want a semi-auto instead of a single shot.

Same campsite we stayed at...my parents were there last year and a black bear got into one of their coolers. They've still got the bite marks in it for proof. Dad had his guns, but instead of using them, he and his buddy set up a trap, captured the bear, and then relocated it 17 miles up the road.

And Frank, erase that most famous photo of you ever taken, the one with you posing with an AK-47, then talk.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Oooohh, bears and wolves. So scary.

Were you camping at Ruby Ridge, Harv?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    If wolves or cougars was fuckin' w/ my livestock, Im shooting those bitches. Either w/ a tranq, arrow, or bullet.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Wolves and grizzly bears, which have been reintroduced by federal mandate against the will of locals here in Idaho, have been running rampant both killing livestock and attacking outdoorsmen fairly regularly as of late. And if a pack of wolves attacks, you want a semi-auto instead of a single shot.

Not to get into a thing, but wolf, cougar and bear attacks on humans and livestock in Idaho are rare, not fairly regular.

Anyone camping in Idaho needs to know what to do in case of encounters with bears, cougars or wolves.
    There have been exactly zero fatal wolf attacks on humans in the lower 48 in recent history.
    The best protection from wolves is to keep away from garbage dumps.
    Some useful web sites:
    http://www.idahotrailsassociation.org/hiking/hiking-in-bear-country/
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/ipnf/maps-pubs/?cid=fsm9_019033
    Unless you are hunting bears, following these tips are better than carrying a gun in terms of safety.
    Cougars: http://westernwildlife.org/cougar-outreach-project/cougar-safety/

Harvey I am sure you and your dad will do what you do.
    But these are the accepted ways that keep hikers and campers safe with out endangering themselves and others with guns.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    batmon said:
    If wolves or cougars was fuckin' w/ my livestock, Im shooting those bitches. Either w/ a tranq, arrow, or bullet.

You have livestock now?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:

You have livestock now?

BATMON REVEALED?????????????

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/hipster_chickens_farmers_learn_innundated_3Zu8bniRwZ5kiN1ElNJrmL

LaserWolf said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Not to get into a thing, but wolf, cougar and bear attacks on humans and livestock in Idaho are rare, not fairly regular.

Anyone camping in Idaho needs to know what to do in case of encounters with bears, cougars or wolves.
    There have been exactly zero fatal wolf attacks on humans in the lower 48 in recent history.
    The best protection from wolves is to keep away from garbage dumps.
    Some useful web sites:
    http://www.idahotrailsassociation.org/hiking/hiking-in-bear-country/
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/ipnf/maps-pubs/?cid=fsm9_019033
    Unless you are hunting bears, following these tips are better than carrying a gun in terms of safety.
    Cougars: http://westernwildlife.org/cougar-outreach-project/cougar-safety/

Harvey I am sure you and your dad will do what you do.
    But these are the accepted ways that keep hikers and campers safe with out endangering themselves and others with guns.

Oh sorry, attacks have only injured people and not killed them. We should just go ahead and rub steaks on like deodorant and love the wolves to death when they bite.

And nobody is endangered by simply carrying guns, which is by far the norm up here.

Soul Strut needs to get offline for some real out-of-city life experience already. Sheesh.

• jaysusjaysus 787 Posts
    Harvey you are so off base on the wolf and bear attack stories. I have camped a shitton in the PNW and that shit is way bogus! Wolf attacks in the US? Look at the statistics maybe 5 fatalities in the last 100 years, total joke. Bear attacks happen because of stupid people like your dad leaving a cooler around camp, you know that bear has to be killed now because your dad taught it to associate humans with food? Good job. Learn how to bear bag or carry a bear canister in bear country, humans are the problem, not bears. Your ar-15 is going to do jack shit to a griz, you need a shotgun with slugs(or equivalent) to the dome or vitals.

Worry about cougars, those motherfuckers will get you. Worry more about methheads and stray dogs.

I am not saying shit about guns, I am saying your camping story reeks of high shit, keep the PNW out of your mouth!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    "soft batch"= doesn't have a gun?

What septic tank of a mind cranks that drivel out?

You honestly believe this "lock n load" bullshit?

gun fuckwads really put the dumb in freedom...but then again, I don't live in the mean streets of Austin or suburban Boise.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Y'all like being soft batch, so be that. Just quit trying to force it upon others.

http://www.thewildlifenews.com/2011/12/20/have-there-really-been-no-wolf-related-deaths-of-humans-in-the-rocky-mountain-states/

jaysus said:
    Harvey you are so off base on the wolf and bear attack stories. I have camped a shitton in the PNW and that shit is way bogus! Wolf attacks in the US? Look at the statistics maybe 5 fatalities in the last 100 years, total joke. Bear attacks happen because of stupid people like your dad leaving a cooler around camp, you know that bear has to be killed now because your dad taught it to associate humans with food? Good job. Learn how to bear bag or carry a bear canister in bear country, humans are the problem, not bears. Your ar-15 is going to do jack shit to a griz, you need a shotgun with slugs(or equivalent) to the dome or vitals.

Worry about cougars, those motherfuckers will get you. Worry more about methheads and stray dogs.

I am not saying shit about guns, I am saying your camping story reeks of high shit, keep the PNW out of your mouth!

It was a cooler of ice only. But yeah, trap a bear, move it 17 miles to peacefully let it free with the help of only one other dude, then talk.

The_Hook_Up said:
    "soft batch"= doesn't have a gun?

What septic tank of a mind cranks that drivel out?

You honestly believe this "lock n load" bullshit?

gun fuckwads really put the dumb in freedom...but then again, I don't live in the mean streets of Austin or suburban Boise.

Guns are all around. You want to be under-equipped in such an environment, go right ahead.

And it's the outskirts of Orofino, population 3,214.

Y'all are mad dorks, end of story.