Summer Jam(s) 2013

bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
Is the Summer Jam dead? Maybe this can double up as Songs You're Feeling Right Now?

It's turning out to be a bit of melancholic aggro summer so far between Pusha's Numbers on Boards, Future's Sh!t, Hodgy Beats' Alone, Chance's Acid Rain and Starlito's Pay It Forward...balanced out by Problem's women & weed soundtrack The Separation.

Depending on what happens with My Name is My Name later this month, Pusha T might sweep it.

Tell me yours.

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Round here it's all Montana all day

Sorry cant embed on my phone maybe someone else can

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Hmmm, yes!
    Can't see your link because of work, but Lay Low got plenty of play this past weekend

It doesn't have to be rap!

It's "ain't worried bout nothin"

• Jonny_Paycheck said:

So bad.

I'm a little surprised he's doing as well as he is. Nothing stand-out about him at all and as far as the MMG camp goes, Rockie Fresh is much better to me.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    bassie said:
    Songs You're Feeling Right Now?

"That thread already exists. D.E.L.E.T.E." - Batmon

I fuck with that song actually. He's not really rapping, it's more just call and response

ETA/ I meant round here it's all I hear out of cars. And yeah, French is otherwise awful

Yea, I think it's about time for me to take a break from this Board, too.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Herm said:
    bassie said:
    Songs You're Feeling Right Now?

"That thread already exists. D.E.L.E.T.E." - Batmon

Haha...Bad Rap That your Feelin Thread......

The Summer Song to me is a song that most everyone agrees to be The Jam. Three joints tops make it. Aint no seven summer jams.
    With radio dead i dont see how that communal connection from May to August works anymore.
    Songs you would hear at the BBQ, on the radio alot, in the benzi box (yours and through someone elses speakers), in da club, and pumpin at Roxanne's baby shower.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Obvious as it'll sound, the only thing I've heard lately that even feels like a summer jam in the classic sense is Get Lucky. Of course, Local Summer Jam Experiences will vary from region to region, nation to nation, party to party, backyard to yard. But I'm still hearing that shit everywhere, and it sounds custom-built for summer-jam status.

• tokyobeatstokyobeats 505 Posts
    SmallAxeRick said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

So bad.

shite

Haha ok guys poast some Joey Badass and get it over with

This was all over the radio and the block last night. Meek destroyed it at Summer Jam

Yea, it's a good track. I am not really a fan but I do like this and his verse on Ambition a lot.