June Finds 2013

2»

Comments

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Clean Rivers for $1 is a pretty good deal.

Ha! I wish.
    Thats a xian private press record called Kinfolk. It goes for quite a bit less than Clean Rivers.

• Just got back from two weeks in Quito, Ecuador. Some of the finds...

and on my first day back I find this:

• grebgreb 32 Posts
    pcmr said:
    A few longtime wants and some cool finds from the last month

Wow, great "quarteto em cy" records!!

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Wow, you guys have been killin' it!

@ PCMR: I want to do the the do in MTL but I may be down in Windsor/Detroit then : ( Though I gotta check the dates w/ my wife) . You should do it again sometime if it works out.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Did a quick dig on the way through Montreal last Saturday in a torrential downpour. Found some good stuff. The Birthright is mailbox and a long time want gotten.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Nice finds y'all!

Some more from this month. All cheap fieldfinds plus some trades (Billy Harper, Gainsbourg).

Billy Harper - Capra Black on Strata East
    Sly & Robbie - Syncopation. Space reggae dub from 1982. Sly & Robbie always deliver.
    Gainsbourg - Melody Nelson. Long time want.
    Swegas - Child of light. OG German pressing from UK funk/rock/prog band. Excellent album.
    John Martyn - Solid air. Folk on UK Island 1st press. Has some very strong cuts.
    Ultrafunk - UK 'library' funk.
    Lighthouse - One fine morning - Vertigo UK. Nice Roger Dean cover. Music is horrible. Going to flip it.
    Temptations - sky's the limit. I just can't get into The Temptations. It all sounds like 'papa was a rolling stone' and i don't like that song. Gonna flip this one too.
    Apocalypse - s/t Georgio Moroder. Late sixties OST for a soft pron movie. Nice obscure krautrock.

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    couple of quick thrift hits.
    was very pleased with finding doubles of the Rocio 45 in the same 50 cents bin
    juni 45
    juni lp

• shooterali said:
    Had a good day today with these finds.
    The Savanna silver Band, Black Feather & GEINO YAMASHIROGUMI OSOREZAN are from a trade I did recently .

Never heard the Silver Savannah Band record till I found it locally a couple months back. Best $15 bucks I've spent at a local shop in a long time!

• Had to get a 45 traveler at lunch break. My man threw it in when I picked up the two LP's. Not a bad way to spend 10 minutes or $10 for that matter.
    Attached files

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    ford_exploder said:
    Had to get a 45 traveler at lunch break. My man threw it in when I picked up the two LP's. Not a bad way to spend 10 minutes or $10 for that matter.

Otherwise known as a box?

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    ford_exploder said:
    Had to get a 45 traveler at lunch break. My man threw it in when I picked up the two LP's. Not a bad way to spend 10 minutes or $10 for that matter.

That Sugarcane Harris is the heat!
    Yours Eternally is a longtime favourite.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    these aren't field finds or anything like that. My mother came to visit last week and for some reason decided to give me these records from her collection:

I'm digging the Pablo Milanes solo record. And anyone know what the deal is with the two Grupo de Experimentacion Sonora del ICAIC? From what I know the one with the blue cover is their second album, the other is a best-of type of thing?

• fejmelbafejmelba 1,139 Posts
    Score!
    juni lp2
    B/w
    you have a nice mom ppadilha

• basicbasic 10 Posts
    Finally stumbled upon some records at a thrift that has been dry for the four years I have been checking it.