The History Of Rolling Papers (NRR)

SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
Thought the strut might be interested in this piece on the history of rolling papers. I don't smoke (anything) anymore, but there was always a certain romance to rolling papers - with their antique looking packaging. Also some choice quotes from Tommy Chong:

???I smoke just a tiny little bit,??? he says, ???a tiny little pellet. I learned that from an old jazz singer named Jon Hendricks of Lambert, Hendricks & Ross. Before he???d go on stage he???d take these little tiny hash crumbs, and he???d put them in a filter cigarette and light it up. It???s really one toke. And then he???d go on stage and sing like crazy. I learned my habits from the masters.???

http://www.collectorsweekly.com/articles/the-unfiltered-history-of-rolling-papers-plus-tommy-chong

Comments

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Randy's

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    Not necessarily papers related but I did find these old cigar box labels I intend on framing and/or screen printing on t-shirts.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Here's my entire 25 year history right here:

These:

And sometimes, these:

/End of History.

• Interesting article, thanks for sharing. Like the quote you chose too, many people should heed such wise words.

Never been a fan of Zig Zags, never rolled well IMO. I'm a fan of the JOB French Lights also the Top papers are surprisingly good.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    SoundOutLoud said:
    Never been a fan of Zig Zags, never rolled well IMO.

Zig Zags haven't been good since the 70's.

These were always the best, imo, but I haven't rolled a joint since I don't know when:

No glue, just 100% pure rice paper.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The audacity of folls to be talking down on Zig Zags.

I strenuously hate all of your so-called upgrades.

Flavors, clear paper, explanations on packages as to why using this product is more environmentally prudent than the other, etc.

Roll that shit, light that shit, smoke that shit hasn't got time for any of that.