Is The Strut Checking For The New H.R. Documentary?

SnappingSnapping 995 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
There have got to be a million great stories about this guy, I am really looking forward to this.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Netflix

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    batmon said:
    Netflix

It's on there already?!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Herm said:
    batmon said:
    Netflix

It's on there already?!

Nah just sayin i can wait for it to come to me. Im not really checking for this at the indie-theatre.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    As a Bad Brains fanboy of the highest order I'm looking forward to seeing it, but after seeing "A Band In DC" I have lost a ton of respect for HR. Seeing the way he has fucked with Dr KNow and Darryl is kind of heartbreaking, it must be awful for them to have their legacy to tied to such a self-destructive nutjob. Mentally ill or not, he seems impossible to work with.

I noticed that none of the Bad Brains seem to have taken part in the doc...

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    Good thing they got Questlove to talk about him, he always provides invaluable insight to any of the 46,000 documentaries he's been in.

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts

• punk rock Scratch

• usernameusername 71 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:
    Good thing they got Questlove to talk about him, he always provides invaluable insight to any of the 46,000 documentaries he's been in.

Yeah, how do these guys weasel their way into documentaries that I'd bet my collection were NOT down with the Bad Brains back in the day.
    I'm tired of people speaking retrospectively about a past they were never apart of 99% probability unless further updated).

Did anyone see the Moog documentary where Bob Moog would interact with musicians of newer generation who would talk about their
    admiration and this and that ex. dj Spooky. This guy is so arrogantly self-centered to be speaking while Moog listens... it was a bad idea on the director's end to try and "integrate" today with yesterday. Paul Miller can go fuck off.

By the way, I always thought Black Americans who adopted the Jamaican patois was bit inauthentic and strange. But I loved Rock for Light
    and how they would change up from reggae to punk rock.