Tim DOG RIP

dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
edited February 2013 in Strut Central
just catching this...
Hip Hop mourns its first loss of 2013, with the death of BX veteran rapper Timothy "Tim Dog" Blair today from a seizure following a long bout with diabetes. He was 46 years old.

Tim is most noted for his "Fuck Compton" anthem towards Dr. Dre and N.W.A. during the height of the East Coast vs. West Coast rap beef. The song garnered several response tracks from DJ Quik, Compton's Most Wanted, and Dr. Dre. He has appeared on projects with the likes of KRS-One and The Ultramagnetic MCs.

Blair was briefly in the news again last year when he was caught in a sting operation by "Dateline NBC", where he was set up for swindling single women out of thousands on an online dating scam.

Tim Dog was present and active during a pivotal time in Hip Hop and unapolgetically made his mark. The Source would like to send our condolences to his family and friends. Rest In Peace.

http://www.thesource.com/articles/267578?thesource-prod=1qr48vcb53i697u78ghkohqbv5

RIP

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Damnit

• RIP

• sad news indeed

dj_cityboy said:
    Tim is most noted for his "Fuck Compton" anthem towards Dr. Dre and N.W.A. during the height of the East Coast vs. West Coast rap beef.

It wasn't during no "height". Tim/Ultra started the war.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Someone posted a real good Tim Dog mix here years ago. I don't remember who it was. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Would love a reup.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    too young. fucking diabetes man.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    too young. fucking diabetes man.

• RIP!

B-Cause did a great remix of a KRS / Tim Dog track which appeared on one of his mix cd's.

I was in the I Get Wrecked video.

• That sucks. 46 is young. If only a vegetable trend would sweep through rap. Hearing this and Saafir's story is a bummer. Take care of yourselves folks.

I always liked his enthusiasm. Although Fuck Compton has nothing on Dre day lyrically, his attitude kind of evens things out.

• I just got in a fight with Dizzy Dustin from Ugly Duckling about his status update on facebook about Tim's Death.

Deplorable to magnify his criminal activity upon his death date in my opinion.

He said I'm an "idiot" and "have no clue" and doesn't need fans that condone criminal activity.

• batmon said:
    dj_cityboy said:
    Tim is most noted for his "Fuck Compton" anthem towards Dr. Dre and N.W.A. during the height of the East Coast vs. West Coast rap beef.

It wasn't during no "height". Tim/Ultra started the war.

That's what I was thinking.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts

"Pussy felt like velvet"

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Damn only just found out about this. 46 is way too young. RIP.

• You thought Tupac was the only who could fake his death? Fuck Compton.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    holy shit,.

I don't want to go all H.A.R.V. on this shit, but was this (now-gone) little blurb on The Source really the only "record" of his death? And we went with it? Sure, he's some semi-obscure rapper, but dude owed 2 million in damages to those wonderful women...

I love it.

I don't want to jinx it, but I think dude is alive. And I think all the NY rappers (at least) should prepare for a kickstarter campaign to get the Dog back on track. Back on Dateline. BACK! I got fifty bucks and a couch to sleep on.

Who's sitting on some info?

This is my hope of the week. FUCK POWERBALL!

• Mek_JaggerMek_Jagger 322 Posts

that clown on conspiracyradio* needs a slap.

• Mek_JaggerMek_Jagger 322 Posts
    double

• If Tim Dog gets resurrected and comes out of hiding for a surprise Rock the Bells set he would finally get Legendary status.

arrest warrant issued for Tim Dog.

Ced Gee didn't believe it.

This is fantastic!

• leonleon 883 Posts
    I heard he now calls himself Tim Lion and lives in Jamaica. I heard.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    jeez when will dudes stop talking about this fool.

he was never good.

and now he's gone...or not.

who cares?

rootlesscosmo said:
    jeez when will dudes stop talking about this fool.

he was never good.

and now he's gone...or not.

who cares?

Soprano fans

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    haha.

really?
    a forgotten rapper.
    ends up swindling a bunch of women.
    revealed on giant teevee news show.
    dies.
    maybe doesn't die, possibly faked his death.
    rapper friends in life don't believe in death.
    and you're not into it?

This is one of the best themes in celebrity. Especially music celebrity. This is classic stuff.

Especially when it's Tim Dog.

Dude.