Jolie makes a decision

LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
I understand where she was coming from, but damn.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    From my understanding. She'll still have her breast. She had the breast tissue replaced. So they should look the same...

But in any case, I wish her a happy and healthy life all the same.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Your an idiot to try to make a joke, boob pic opportunity out of this.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I think Jolie and all the top-notch healthcare and cosmetic surgery her millions and privilege can buy will be just fine.

If this exposure changes anything for all the women who can't afford to have or make the same choices as Jolie, then I will happily take all the clowning and finger-wagging I deserve. Until then, living "under the shadow of cancer" is where those living under the crushing weight of poverty will stay.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    bassie said:
    I think Jolie and all the top-notch healthcare and cosmetic surgery her millions and privilege can buy will be just fine.

If this exposure changes anything for all the women who can't afford to have or make the same choices as Jolie, then I will happily take all the clowning and finger-wagging I deserve. Until then, living under the "shadow of cancer" is where those living under the crushing weight of poverty will stay.

Not for nothing. But I believe in a few countries (including our own) these surgeries would be covered no?

I know someone (through a friend) who had this done and everything was covered (Tho, I could have been mistaken) including the cosmetic reconstructive surgery.

But your point still stands...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    DELETE

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    News mentioned that the genetic test, the mastectomy, and the reconstruction would be covered by OHIP.

I think it is a brave choice! It's a shame not every woman has the opportunity to get tested though.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    batmon said:
    DELETE

NO, REPLACED.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    volumen said:
    Your an idiot to try to make a joke, boob pic opportunity out of this.

they're called breasts you monster.

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    Point #1: Anyone taking medical advice from a celebrity is an idiot.

Point #2: Good for her. BRCA1 is a beast.

Point #3: Good for her, taking this to the masses, though it is a fine line between taking a stand and proselytizing.