• /font1
    font class="small"1Quote:
    /font1
    h,121
    b,121i make my own mp3 ringtones.
    b,121
    b,121
    h,121
    font class="post"1b,121b,121yep. Had Bobby Brown - My Perogative extended acapella intro (why you wanna talk about me? tell me tell me whyy)b,121b,121now I got george kranz din daa daab,121b,121tried to make a Peter Griffin from family guy doing the Axel F theme singing all 'heh' but couldn't get it loud enough.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I copped The Stooges - Raw Power when I first got my current phone, but since I leave it on vibrate all the time , I stopped caring.

• Thanks, Jaymack. I'm still rocking your loop of "2 Dope Boyz in a Cadillac" and the piano beat off the Full Scale EP. In addition to those, I've currently got a couple of Dilla beat tape beats. I also had Ultramagnetic's "Raise It up" rmx for the longest. The only downside to cool ringtones is that you start to associate certain songs with someone calling, not good music.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    how do you make your own ringtone? more specifically is there a certain spec like it has to be 30 seconds? i loaded an mp3 file to my phone and it plays, but for some reason i can't assign it as a ringtone. b,121b,121the odd thing is that when i downloaded a rintone as an mp3 of this site called ventones, it worked fine. obviously i want to do it myself without paying for ringtones, any suggestions? i have a nokia 3500

• For ages its been the one in a million loop from electric surfboard, but now it's "who ya gonna get to lay beside you.. if you leeeeave me girrrrl"

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    /font1
    Quote:/font1h,121b,121how do you make your own ringtone? more specifically is there a certain spec like it has to be 30 seconds? i loaded an mp3 file to my phone and it plays, but for some reason i can't assign it as a ringtone. b,121b,121the odd thing is that when i downloaded a rintone as an mp3 of this site called ventones, it worked fine. obviously i want to do it myself without paying for ringtones, any suggestions? i have a nokia 3500 b,121b,121h,121
    b,121b,121There are a few sites out there, which I can't remember, where you can upload a ringtone and a phone number, and it will send it to your phone. At this point, with my iPhone, it's just a matter of editing a 40 second track in Garage Band, saving it to iTunes, and syncing it with the phone.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    'Welcome To Jamrock'

I've had the same (custom) ringtone since the original iPhone came out..

• Soul ZillaSoul Zilla 153 Posts
    The Isley Brothers - Between the Sheets.

• Possum SlimPossum Slim 353 Posts
    Does anyone have any beats/loops they can post that I can use please?

As someone mentioned earlier, I don't like using actual tracks for ringtones/alarms.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I had the Shaw Brothers intro fanfare a while ago, but I got sick of it since it started to sound like "King Friday from 'Mr. Rogers' is entering!"

• I was using movie quotes for a while which I found funny and others found annoying so I stopped.

I would like to find the standard Blackberry ringtone, everything else pales in comparison.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    The organ breakdown at 1:23.

Kinda tricky though 'cause this song gets lots of play out in public in my neck of the woods.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    "Calls calls calls
    Calls from the Public"

The right people get it.

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    I've been using this for a while. It's pretty unobtrusive, but weird enough that I'll rush to answer it.

• King.LeweyKing.Lewey 66 Posts
    Help Is On The Way by the Whatnauts, the 2 bar loop from 4:48 (on the 7 minute disco edit):

Also when I get a message I get the first "dun dun dun dun dun dun" from The Message, always gets a smile from the heads that know it and make the connection (nerd steez)

I edited them both down myself, just taking the snippets and keeping them in a separate folder on the phone. It gets hard to change your message tune sometimes on phones and you have to keep the file in a system folder for it to come up in the selection menu...

I used to have the hook from Ring Ring Ring as my outgoing voicemail message too: "Hey, how ya doing, sorry you can't get through, why don't you leave your name and your number, and I'll get back to you [Beeeeep]" but now I use my phone for work unfortunately it looks rather unprofessional - I once got an angry email from a customer saying "I tried calling you last night but all I heard was a rap song!" Oops!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    General calls is How You Gonna Get Respect by Hank Ballard

For my son it's Back In Black by ACDC

For my girlfriend it's Across 110th Street - Bobby Womack

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    General Ringtone is the break from Apache.

My wife is always available for some Pillow Talk.

I wake up on Fertile Ground as my Alarm sound.

txt msgs require some Angelic Keys.

• djobrunidjobruni 5 Posts

Fittingly it is comped on Music from Saharan Cellphones.

Great video too!

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    Work related: Fletch Theme - Harold Faltermeyer

Mom: Oh Sherie - Steve Perry (Her name is Cherie)

Dad: Call Me Al - Paul Simon (His name is Al)

Girlfriend: In the Mood - Tyrone Davis

Homies: Just Another Day - Too Short

Everyone else: Born 2 Roll - Masta Ace

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Ringtone is still "Do the James."

Text alert is the horn squeal at :05.

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    Since all my links above did not work, let's try again:

General Ringtone is the break from Apache.

My wife is always available for some Pillow Talk

I wake up on Fertile Ground as my Alarm sound.

txt msgs require some Angelic Keys.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    general ringtone is the first 25 seconds of this:

at first people around me think "really, fur elise?" but then the cumbia beat drops in at 0:10 & blows minds.

text message ringtone is just a classic dancehall air horn: http://www.hulkshare.com/ztia5j0v46yg

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Right now my ringtone is the sound of a 56k modem connecting. I get some weird looks! hahaha I've had it for a few years now and every time I go to change it, I just can't seem to find a better one.

• dammsdamms 704 Posts