Check out this dude's interview who found the kidnapped girls in Cleveland

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    America, meet your next internet sensation.

That said, WTF? That is an insane story. There's a rumor that the alleged kidnapper wrote an article about the kidnapping for a local paper, and interviewed some of the families.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Yup this story is all over the news here in Cleveland....it's a joyous occasion!!

• I used to live in Cleveland when these girls got kidnapped.

This is a super crazy story. I mean is this a happy ending? Or are these girls going to be so screwed up that their life is ruined?

• I looked up the address...I used to drive down west 25th everyday on my commute home. A block from this creep.

• November 2004: Psychic says Berry is dead

Story: Desperate for any clue as to Amanda Berry???s whereabouts, and tired of unanswered questions from authorities, Miller turned to a psychic on Montel Williams??? nationally syndicated television show.

The psychic said what the FBI, police and Miller hadn???t.

???She???s not alive, honey,??? Sylvia Browne told her matter-of-factly. ???Your daughter???s not the kind who wouldn???t call.???

Nice one Psychic!

• Robert Wolford, 26, told authorities that Berry???s body was in a vacant lot in Cleveland. Police searched at West 30th Street and Wade Avenue in July with backhoes, but nothing was found. Wolford was sentenced to four and half years in prison after pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice, making a false report and making a false alarm.

WTF

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    "Got the day off from work, so naturally you're doin nothin..."
    Llooollll

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Why you say "full of shit" and "a little crazy"?

Oh wait, nevermind.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    This is just a fucked up ad for McDonald's written by Tyler, right?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    this story is so crazy and messed up. i wonder how the family's victims feel about it how this dude's personality has overshadowed them in terms of media coverage

i wouldn't say it's a happy ending, these girls are probably screwed up. the 6-year old found in the house is suspected to be amanda berry's daughter from one of the captors. it's a really horrific story.

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    doublepoast

• AndreBretonAndreBreton 344 Posts
    cai said:

Post-Moder

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    cai said:

HAHAHA!!!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    cai said:

doublepoast got doublelaffs. love it!

There are absolutely zero winners in this story though. Horrible all around. Not stoked for human beings on this one.

• Am I a bad guy for posting this?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    downtownrobbrown said:
    Am I a bad guy for posting this?

CNN can't stop talking to and about this guy so I think your fine. The follow up with Anderson was pretty interesting. The Tyler joke was clever even if the circumstances are horrific.

• usernameusername 71 Posts
    the only thing truly good thing about Cleveland is Cleveland Clinic, and perhaps, the rock n roll museum.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Grim and bizarre as this story is, I think it's worth keeping in mind how much worse it could have turned out.

In a strange way, Charles Ramsey's performing a valuable function here. While a lot of the media attention is focused on him, the kidnap victims aren't under quite such fierce scrutiny and are maybe getting a little more time to readjust than they might otherwise do.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    Charles Ramsey may say he is no hero, but c'mon, he does give the greatest TV interview ever. You cant make up characters this entertaining!

surely there will be an autotune song for this in about 5 minutes if there isnt already.

I say its a happy ending: bad guys caught, no one died, the women can at least try to rebuild their lives now.

Edit: OK the James Brown high on coke on CNN interview remains at #1 of course

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:

In a strange way, Charles Ramsey's performing a valuable function here. While a lot of the media attention is focused on him, the kidnap victims aren't under quite such fierce scrutiny and are maybe getting a little more time to readjust than they might otherwise do.

^^^^
    THIS.

Without trying, Charles Ramsey is exposing racists left and right. He's a completely normal dude. People bending over themselves acting like he's some rare exhibit at the zoo or some shit need to get a life already.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Without trying, Charles Ramsey is exposing racists left and right. He's a completely normal dude. People bending over themselves acting like he's some rare exhibit at the zoo or some shit need to get a life already.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I had to leave the kitchen at my work the other week because I got so uncomfortable with the crowd hanging over this guy's phone laughing their heads off to the "ain't nobody got time for that" OKC fire clip .

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    karlophone said:

surely there will be an autotune song for this in about 5 minutes if there isnt already.

There you go sir....

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Classic strut.

Oh my gawd, the way he said "hey bro" on the 911 call has gotta be the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life.

^^^STICK YO'SELF!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    shit is embarrassing on a multitude of levels

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Grim and bizarre as this story is, I think it's worth keeping in mind how much worse it could have turned out.

That's a good point, I can't imagine how hard that is to function. Especially when you have a child from rape. This reminds me a lot of the Jayce Lee Dugard kidnapping where she was held prisoner for 18 years and there were missed opportunities to recover her.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Jaycee_Lee_Dugard