Check out this dude's interview who found the kidnapped girls in Cleveland

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Without trying, Charles Ramsey is exposing racists left and right. He's a completely normal dude. People bending over themselves acting like he's some rare exhibit at the zoo or some shit need to get a life already.

I just watched the clip again. While not quite rare exhibit, I would actually suggest he's a quite a few notches above normal. I am not sure how many people would get themselves involved in what they deemed to be a domestic dispute, Ramsey stepped up.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    The Troubling Viral Trend of the ???Hilarious??? Black Neighbor

It???s difficult to watch these videos and not sense that their popularity has something to do with a persistent, if unconscious, desire to see black people perform. Even before the genuinely heroic Ramsey came along, some viewers had expressed concern that the laughter directed at people like Sweet Brown plays into the most basic stereotyping of blacks as simple-minded ramblers living in the ???ghetto,??? socially out of step with the rest of educated America.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    bassie said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Without trying, Charles Ramsey is exposing racists left and right. He's a completely normal dude. People bending over themselves acting like he's some rare exhibit at the zoo or some shit need to get a life already.

I just watched the clip again. While not quite rare exhibit, I would actually suggest he's a quite a few notches above normal. I am not sure how many people would get themselves involved in what they deemed to be a domestic dispute, Ramsey stepped up.

Well yes, he should be commended for stepping up to help. But the way he talks and looks is pretty much status quo to anybody who knows more than 3 black people in America. Or really knowing any more than 3 people who aren't carbon copy suburbanites regardless of race. People still use slang and have regional accents...yes, it's in fact true.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Reminds me of another important Black man in the news...

Herm said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Reminds me of another important Black man in the news...

Yeah, well fuck him with the splintered mast of a slave ship.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Honky

really weak.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Honky

really weak.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    is this thread about to go full retard?

ppadilha said:
    retard?

And the hits just keep on coming!

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

This right here is spot on. 100% agree.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    bassie said:
    ppadilha said:
    retard?

And the hits just keep on coming!

• Options
    Pedro Castro looks like Cosmo in 20 years.

• Charles Ramsey + Kai, the Hatchet-Wielding Hitchhiker = A Good Combination!

I would watch the shit out of that buddy cop movie.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Sween said:
    Pedro Castro looks like Cosmo in 20 years.
    '

This right here made me laugh so hard Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray came shooting through my nose.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    His employer is making shirts with his image on them with proceeds going to the three kidnap victims:

And Sween, I always thought that Bay Area weatherman George Rask had the "Cosmo in 20 years" (OK, maybe 30) look on lock:

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    why does he have to have a befuddled look on his face? good Lord sometimes people are blind to the bullschitt.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Dude's interview with Anderson Cooper was great. On the reward part... Give it to the girls. I got a paycheck.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Honky

really weak.

True. I should have gone with Haole.
    lol racism is funni am i rite

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Honky

really weak.

When it's directed at you, hell yes.
    please explain

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    Honky

really weak.

When it's directed at you, hell yes.
    please explain

Usually when people go at each other this much, it's because they're actually in love. Get a room, but if there's a video camera involved, please do not leak/upload etc.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    sorry but I rarely address dude. it's pretty incredible how mad you dudes were getting at me in a previous thread but the second I bring up something that soulstrut is usually concerned about (racism) and that i am mad about, i get told not to post? get the fuck out of here with that bullshit

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    No-one is telling you not to post, dude.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    we must have different definitions of get a room
    and last time dude's dude decided to use that hateful term, I got told by many people to not post about it
    it's all good. I just wish people would acknowledge the double standard.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

Thymebomb13 said:
    HonkyCanal's about a centimeter away from a Secret Service visit.

Airforce One just landed in Austin a few minutes ago.

HarveyCanal said:
    Thymebomb13 said:
    HonkyCanal's about a centimeter away from a Secret Service visit.

Airforce One just landed in Austin a few minutes ago.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    sweatshop said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I'm actually having a lot of fun with this.
    Friends, co-workers, etc. who comment on how funny or entertaining Ramsey is, I drop the essence of Harv's message on their heads with a straight face.
    Their completely dumbfounded expressions and reactions have been priceless.

Thanks Harv.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I have avoided watching this youtube, but caught some of the audio on the radio this afternoon.

I do see where this has brought out a lot of racist comments. But it is also entertaining in the same way that the Surfer Dude who caught the axe murder was entertaining. (Sorry I probably got that wrong, but it was a youtube people here were commenting on a few months ago.)

Both are people using dialect and vernacular to tell a story.
    I think the main reason that CR gets so much play is 1) hero 2) great story teller 3) vernacular dialect.

Not to say he isn't exposing racists. He is.

But (what I heard) was great for the 3 reasons above. A rare combination.

TV and Hollywood rarely gives us (authentic) vernacular/dialect. When it happens, it grabs your attention.
    For that matter they rarely give us authentic heroes or stories.

If you check out the comedy/spoken word bins, they are filled with story tellers using vernacular/dialect. Down East, Cajun, Norwegian, Yiddish, Canadian... vernacular/dialect all had star story tellers whose records sold because people want to enjoy the real.

LaserWolf said:
    Canadian... vernacular/dialect

No such thing.
    Canada has 10 provinces, four territories, two official languages, 10+ Aboriginal language groups and one of the highest immigration rates in the world.