Austin Psych Fest and this here band called GOAT

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Grandfather said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Just bought my ticket for Sunday.

Sounds like it could be Harvey meets Guzzo...if anyone ever thought that possible.
    freestyle rap battle in the making.

I gotta couple days left to think up words that rhyme with "Blind Date".

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Grandfather said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    Just bought my ticket for Sunday.

Sounds like it could be Harvey meets Guzzo...if anyone ever thought that possible.
    freestyle rap battle in the making.

I gotta couple days left to think up words that rhyme with "Blind Date".

"blind hate" is too easy

please report yo the audiobook thraed and make me not crash

Well sure enough, in a case of Soul Strut come to life...I watched Goat perform last night with Guzzo.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I would love to go to the psych fest. Too bad. Have fun to all of those going. I saw Goat and Holy Wave in Philly last wednesday. Both bands were really good. I had to resist the temptation of yelling "bring out the gimp" during the Goat set. I wish I hadn't.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Well sure enough, in a case of Soul Strut come to life...I watched Goat perform last night with Guzzo.

Best performance of the whole weekend by far. Clinic was pretty amazing too. Sadly Os Mutantes practically got rained out but managed to put together a solid 25 minute set.

I got to admit it, I became an instant fan, after Harv's recommendation and there I was watching the group perform their spastic gnome dance moves right alongside the dude. Good times

• i know this thread is really about

but i got to say i haven't been this excited about a new band since Dungen. i don't do new bands. harv, i vaguely knew of these folks before your recommendation but never really soaked it in. i think i played let it bleed 14 times yesterday thanks to you.

Strictly giddy-up in here.

• My top five sets in order

1. Goat
    2. Boris
    3. Suuns
    4. Clinic
    5. OM

downtownrobbrown said:
    My top five sets in order

1. Goat
    2. Boris
    3. Suuns
    4. Clinic
    5. Holy drug couple

I was only there Sunday, but heard from a friend that Boris really was something to see/hear.

Wanted to check out Clinic but ran out of gas by then.

Kinda pissed that I had to go piss in the middle of Goat's set.

Girlfriend dragged me to the front of the stage for King Kahn & BBQ Show (I had never even heard of them before)...and that wound up being as much fun as Goat was later.

Colorado River access FTW.

The stage Goat played on (at night)...

• http://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc/goat-disco-fever-live-at-music

The impenetrable Swedish collective Goat became a lot better known in the gap between when PopGun Booking announced their U.S. debut at Glasslands and when the show finally happened ??? by then at a sold-out Music Hall of Williamsburg. Their first proper release World Music is exactly that ??? European psych-rock mated to the sounds of the Western Sahara. Shocking Blue meets Group Doueh. Made up of a rotating cast of villagers from the Swedish town of Korpilombolo who have been playing together for several decades (or so the story goes), the current players in Goat would seem to manage the rare feat of being a holy trifecta of mysterious, entertaining and authentic. Even if the Swedish psych rock tag is the easiest, Goat is hardly mystical stoner music, with a heavy, danceable backbeat. Their stage presence is geared to that, as well as maintaining their mystique. All of the players appear in masks and tribal costumes, and two dancer/singers perform up front. The result is a swirling, colorful fantasia of sound and positive rock and roll unlike anything else I???ve seen. Even if the band???s shadowy origins turn out to be less fanciful than they originally appear, this will still be a band to have on your list for the festival circuit this summer and beyond.

I recorded this set with MBHO KA200N cardiod microphones and a custom made analog preamp for a warm, natural sound. The result is excellent. Enjoy!

Goat
    2013-04-23
    Music Hall of Williamsburg
    Brooklyn, NY USA

Exclusive download hosted at nyctaper.com
    Recorded and produced by acidjack

MBHO KA200N>MBP603>Aerco MP-2>Edirol R-44 [OCM]>24bit/48kHz WAV>Izotope Ozone 5 (light EQ and effects)>Audacity 3.0 (fades, tracking, amplify, balance, downsample)>FLAC ( level 8 )

Tracks Tracks [Total Time 1:04:54]
    01 Diarabi
    02 Golden Dawn
    03 [tuning]
    04 Disco Fever
    05 Stone Goat
    06 Let It Bleed
    07 Dream Building
    08 Run To Your Mama
    09 Goathead
    10 [tuning2]
    11 Goatman
    12 Goatlord
    13 Det Som Aldrig F??r??ndras / Diarabi
    14 [encore break]
    15 [unknown] The Sun the Moon

• mumbosaucemumbosauce 480 Posts
    I like Goat. Pretty dope.

I don't think I have ever found a Tinariwen song I like any more than this one.

• ftw with that soundcloud. MUCH appreciated. taper's section, bruh.

I want to hear the rest!

Either way, thanks!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    mumbosauce said:

SINCERE THANKS TO SOULSTRUTS:
    MY MIND IS BLOWED BY THIS MUSIC. SOUNDS LIKE I KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN AND THEN NO NO NO THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THIS SITE RULZ.
    THANK YOU.
    DOWNLOADED THIS ALBUM. TRIPPING OFF THIS ALBUM.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    mumbosauce said:

SINCERE THANKS TO SOULSTRUTS:
    MY MIND IS BLOWED BY THIS MUSIC. SOUNDS LIKE I KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN AND THEN NO NO NO THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN AND THIS IS EXACTLY WHY THIS SITE RULZ.
    THANK YOU.
    DOWNLOADED THIS ALBUM. TRIPPING OFF THIS ALBUM.

Then you should check out the 'Desert Guitar' records on sublime frequencies, the 7"s in particular have some desert heat.

• this Tinariwen stuff is :shreddin_it: