What were some of the worst MTV videos ever made?

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central
This is purposely bad but inspired this thread.

Beach House "Wishes"

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/OS6duOoxctw

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts

I'm still shocked that Paula Abdul was ever considered a hot dancer/choreographer.

b/w

This also gets the prize for the song sucks worse than the video contest.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    DOR said:

Jesus that's horrible but damn I miss that look. Baggy jeans hanging low, visible boxers and/or thong, sports bra, Pendleton (optional) with only the top button buttoned, dark mulberry lipstick/lip liner, ball cap and/or bandana...

I messed with many girls like that back in the day.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    Still a classic. Directed by Joss Stone's brother from her own treatment/script, in defiance of EMI who refused to circulate it. This dates back from the period where she decided she was going to take total control of her career. I doubt any of you will ever have seen a video from a major artist as diabolically bad as this.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Mother fucking Jessie Camp...that kid who won some MTV attention contest thing bitd. He ended up making a music video:

As you could imagine, things have not panned out for this talentless fuck face...

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    JectWon said:
    Mother fucking Jessie Camp...that kid who won some MTV attention contest thing bitd.

that dude popped up in my mind as soon as I read the title of the thread. Keep in mind that contest created two monsters: Jesse Camp won it in an amazing act of trolling not only by him but the audience who voted for him, but the runner-up was a dude named Carson Daly.

• downtownrobbrown said:

Beach House "Wishes"

anything with Leland from twin peaks directed by eric of Tim&Eric; is totally fine by me

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Still a classic. Directed by Joss Stone's brother from her own treatment/script, in defiance of EMI who refused to circulate it. This dates back from the period where she decided she was going to take total control of her career. I doubt any of you will ever have seen a video from a major artist as diabolically bad as this.

What the fucking fuck did I just watch?

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    that dude popped up in my mind as soon as I read the title of the thread. Keep in mind that contest created two monsters: Jesse Camp won it in an amazing act of trolling not only by him but the audience who voted for him, but the runner-up was a dude named Carson Daly.

It truly pains me to know that somewhere in the depth of my brain is the sad fact, that after I read your post, I can regrettfully inform you that the runner-up was not Carson Daly, but instead...Dave Holmes

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    jlee said:
    ppadilha said:

It truly pains me to know that somewhere in the depth of my brain is the sad fact that I read your post, and regrettfully can inform you that the runner-up was not Carson Daly, but instead...Dave Holmes

didn't Carson Daly come out of that too? I remember he popped up around the same time, and in the subsequent years I was amazed at how he had made a career out of being as bland and boring as is humanly possible.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    but the runner-up was a dude named Carson Daly.

Even if this was revealed to be factually incorrect, I still enjoyed your employment of that little device, a la "and falling to the third pick in the NBA draft was a young man who didn't even make his high school basketball team, Michael Jordan."

Also, it's amazing how far MTV has fallen that people are actually nostalgic for Jesse Camp's days on TRL.

• vintageinfants said:
    downtownrobbrown said:

Beach House "Wishes"

anything with Leland from twin peaks directed by eric of Tim&Eric; is totally fine by me

Sayin'... That video is weird, but it looks gorgeous and just nails its own weird aesthetic. Great video.

• gareth said:
    Great video.

Best thing I've seen since Galifinakis and Oldham in that Kanye video

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    People acted like this was such an "amazing" artistic statement at the time. It's tepid bullshit.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    80s hair metal road warrior steez

• Do "SO BAD IT'S GREAT" videos count?

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    I don't remember the song, but Billy Squier did one featuring his spastic dancing style that was so bad it derailed his career. This happened with Eddie Money, too.