RIP civility on soulstrut

Comments

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Junior said:
    B/w If it's not totally obvious anyway, while the meaning is basically the same, Cunt isn't generally used as a misogynistic put down in the UK - a cunt is a cunt based on their action and outlook, not because they're a woman. You could say that being a cunt transcends gender - it's a a unifying concept to be embraced.
    aware of this and thought of it but also very rarely see the UK posters using it on the board at all so it stood out

see that brits? YOUR FAULT
    if all you're here to do is talk shit then please let me know

• Junior said:
    LOL Soulstrut.

B/w If it's not totally obvious anyway, while the meaning is basically the same, Cunt isn't generally used as a misogynistic put down in the UK - a cunt is a cunt based on their action and outlook, not because they're a woman. You could say that being a cunt transcends gender - it's a a unifying concept to be embraced.

B/w/w TAKE YOUR MOUTH OFF BRIAN

Yes in fact females are very rarely referred to as cunts in the UK, you would have to have been a complete cunt to be a woman and get called a cunt.

I don't how any of you who swore at someone else on the internet can sleep at night

• all I'm going to do is compare your argument style to the legal precedent set by the famous 'RUBBER v. GLUE' court case i remember hearing about as a child.

• STOP SWAERING BRO

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    apologies for making a call for civility
    won't happen again, do what you want with this thread

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Ricky Forcefield said:
    I think this is the most overly sensitive place I've ever visited on the Internet.

Yeah...definitely seems that way at times. When people get visibly shook about insulting words on their monitor delivered by a stranger, I wonder how those people manage to tie their shoes; much less hold down any semblance of a self sufficient life.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    you're misinterpreting trying to understand why people are acting a certain way with visibly shook. i'd feel more at home if people just spoke their mind and acted like that all the time but thought soulstrut operated on some sort of pc levelness

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    after dizzybull poasted that i had been ass raped by my father as a child in one of our discussions and was not banned or reprimanded it was clear that anything goes here.

this was in 04 i believe.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    soulstrut was a lot more lawless back when him and AP were more active but definitely has toned down in the 7 years (wow) since then

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    vintageinfants said:
    when you say something that angers otherwise rational and balanced people to the point of vitriol, do you REALLY feel like the play is to fight for your right to do so?

poor judge of climate.
    i'm not fighting for the right for anything. i merely posted a thread with virtually nothing in it, got swore at, and asked why? i stated no opinion on the lady herself. if you guys are saying i'm clearly missing something, i'm not going to clearly understand something when it's not explained by anything except insults.

Let's for one moment assume your bafflement is genuine.

You posted an RIP thread about ...a divisive figure. "Rest In Peace" - this is the epithet you went with and one which was either thoughtlessly tossed in or, more likely, deliberately inserted to get a reaction.

Some Strutters expressed personal sentiments about Margaret Thatcher which didn't carry an RIP vibe. Somehow you decided you were offended by this.

You took people to task for intolerance and 'inappropriate' comments. Apparently you felt their comments were disrespectful. In turn they told you where to stick your opinion.

You kept up your sanctimonious bleating and pleaded total ignorance as to why other people were getting angry.

Even when a whole succession of people repeatedly explained it a lot more patiently and politely than I did.

The bleating went on.

More people explained it, along with personal illustrations of life under Thatcher and why they feel the way they do. People don't have to justify to you how they feel like that but they took the time to do so. You didn't really listen.

You maintain a specious line about insults and bad language while studiously ignoring any other aspect of the thread.

I've never sworn at anyone on the internet before so, yeah, that's how much you pissed me off.

Any clearer?

• RIP ACCOUNTABILITY

PatrickCrazy said:
    i don't think i've ever claimed to be

PatrickCrazy said:
    i don't think anyone mentioned anything

PatrickCrazy said:
    don't think i honored anyone,

PatrickCrazy said:
    must have been after i stopped reading

PatrickCrazy said:
    where was i arguing anything?

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    is this really the dude that used to be "Brian" and live in hawaii? what happened to him?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I don't have the time to conduct a proper study - so take my speculation lightly - but the change might be related to the move to New York.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    bassie said:
    I don't have the time to conduct a proper study - so take my speculation lightly - but the change might be related to the move to New York.
    hahaha :oh_snap:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    what change

• from being a decent contributor to a sad troll

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    pretty sure people have said that i haven't contributed anything from the beginning

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    hard to believe it's the same guy
    either way i never liked you

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    To everyone, Post more about music and less about pop culture and each other. Thank you.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    kala said:
    hard to believe it's the same guy
    either way i never liked you
    :(

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i call BS
    you must be off of your anti depressants or missing the aloha
    at every chance you were ready to twist the knife,point out any weakness and basically were a taciturn dour cunt
    i equated you along the same lines as reynaldo

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    call bs on what?
    and i'm not worthy to be compared to reynaldo, come on

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Why the fuck are you guys not talking about Oliver Cheatham?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    lol
    hi dabney beanpole
    i still hate you for not selling me guitar interludes back on 05
    none the less i found a cheap copy out in the field
    [just kidding ...no hate at all]

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Here's Oliver singing while the cover of an album he had nothing to do served as the background

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    lol
    hi dabney beanpole
    i still hate you for not selling me guitar interludes back on 05
    none the less i found a cheap copy out in the field
    [just kidding ...no hate at all]

Joe Pass gets around, but back to Oliver Cheatham

here he is pre-moder getting all sexy like in his pre-walking cartoon cheetahs phase

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    RIP ACCOUNTABILITY

PatrickCrazy said:
    i don't think i've ever claimed to be

PatrickCrazy said:
    i don't think anyone mentioned anything

PatrickCrazy said:
    don't think i honored anyone,

PatrickCrazy said:
    must have been after i stopped reading

PatrickCrazy said:
    where was i arguing anything?

[/thread]

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    bassie said:

b/w
    Cut the babe in the woods bullshit Brian. You're either trolling or you're ignoring what everyone else is saying. Since you seem to be a pretty smart guy, my thought is you're trolling. Talk about records (I seem to recall you might not have owned any though). Talk about THE RAPZ. If the only threads you talk in are political ones, it looks a bit

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    To everyone, Post more about music and less about pop culture and each other. Thank you.

But only drivel that will not rile up the natives or cause any alarming debate.