2»

Comments

• cd dj's

• cd dj's

ipod numark mixer dj's

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    cdj's

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    bad look: i walk outside to the parking lot to hop in my car and head home after work. approach the vehicle and my rear view mirror is off. the parking lot is in the sun, and the shit was beating down today so im sure it just melted the glue...the bad look part about it is that my rear view mirrors have lights in them, so they have a power cord that goes from the roof area of the car into the rear view mirror, so the shit didnt just fall when the glue gave, it was fucking hanging....and i had to drive home (hour commute) with my rear view mirror swinging back and forth....THEN to make matters worse, the five oh pull me over, and are all "are you aware your rear view mirror is not functioning properly?" or some garbage (wtf its sitting here swinging, im AWARE) i fed the dude a story how im just trying to get home so i can get some glue and fix it and after a hastle and a bastle dude finally let me go, making my commute home even longer...FUCK!

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    people with bad breath that wanna tell you secrets

people that wear fannypacks

people that clip their fingernails in public

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

ZING!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    cdj's

Hatters. Step your games up, this is 2005.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

sandals with socks...

Theres a dude in my office who rocks sandals and socks.

I also gotta add people who dont rock a bit of deodorant... why do they always have to be the dudes who like to be up in your personal space? (no ayo)

• cdj's

Hatters. Step your games up, this is 2005.

no hatting man. juss playin.

ez.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    LA related: vanity plates with things like 'mybmw'. Lame.

Although i did see an old Mercedes on Divisadero in SF with the plate 'Bukkake'.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Although i did see an old Mercedes on Divisadero in SF with the plate 'Bukkake'.

theres a dude who slangs raers a PCC with a license plate that reads "BLUNOTE"

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    making phone calls after having more than 5 drinks...

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Damn! Is that you and Shing-a-Ling??[/b]

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

• A couple of girls were trying to hit on me and my man Mike Z. at The Derby in LA the other weekend. I was definitely NOT trying to holler at this square jawn but here's how our part of the conversation went. It's pretty much the definition of "Repping Philly, Bad Look Style."

SQUARE JAWN: "Hey so you're DJing tonight."
    MARCO: "Yep."
    SQUARE JAWN: "Wow cool. Where you from?"
    MARCO: "North Carolina."
    SQUARE JAWN: "Oh my god! I'm from back east too! Philadelphia! I used to DJ hiphop back there a few years ago!"
    MARCO: "Cool. Have you heard of Cosmo Baker?"
    SQUARE JAWN: "Um... no."
    MARCO: "Diplo?"
    SQUARE JAWN: "No..."
    MARCO: "Hollertronix?"
    SQUARE JAWN: "Nope."
    MARCO: "Oh" (pretends he sees someone waving at him, walks off)

Not a good look... NAME DROPPING

No shit. And to diss a girl because she doesn't know your hip list...

I've never heard of any of those people either.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

theres a dude who slangs raers a PCC with a license plate that reads "BLUNOTE"

My boy T***y's whipper whip:

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    when someone gets told by a mutual freind that your a dj, and they go "ooooh your a DEEJAY hey" (then grin like an idiot and do that inane air scratching thing)

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

MySpace, home of the "bad look".

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Is that Egon?

KIDDING

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    "Swing Out Sister had some joints, though."

you say that like its a bad thing. "breakout" is one of my all time favorite jams.

That's what I'm saying...I actually spin that record on occasion.

Hey, if you guys liked my first sentence, you should check out my second one: I stand by the sentiment--it's just my faded Funkmaster-Flexing on the topic that makes me cringe. I'm just north of thirty, and grew up in a series of half-horse burgs, so please believe that all that Euro-stylish 80s mile-wide inch-deep vaguely conceptual lido-deck UK escapist shit--though it ultimately amounts to not very much--was (and still kinda is) the ice in my drink. Swing Out Sister? ABC? Blow Monkeys? Pet Shop Boys? Sade? Any record made by three or more haircuts that has a track called "Theme From [Whatever]"? If it's under a fiver, yo, sign me up. I think I even have some Basia on cassette somewhere. Don't test mine.

And "Breakout" is cool, but you hear it a lot. Y'all might should step up to "Twilight World" or "Waiting Game" or something.

• Basia