edited March 2013 in Strut Central
hard to track down funk nuggets..

Comments

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    Alright, so tell us what it is

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    It's crap, imo. Straight Euro cheese.

b/w

Upski is a secret squirrels type of dude from what i've observed. It's irritating because these kind of posts from him are rarely good, he marks his name all over it, and he can't wait to show it to you just so he can say "yeah, sorry bro--it's top secret! And even if I told you you'd never ever find it."

Dude is in a beat battle vs the world in his private mindgarden.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Wtf are you talking about?

Upski is a stand-upski dude, of loooong stand-upskiing.

Jeebus, dude. Get a grip.

• w i l lw i l l 17 Posts
    parallax said:

b/w

Upski is a secret squirrels type of dude from what i've observed. It's irritating because these kind of posts from him are rarely good, he marks his name all over it, and he can't wait to show it to you just so he can say "yeah, sorry bro--it's top secret! And even if I told you you'd never ever find it."

(Not trying to take skel's lead.)
    What's the issue with this? Dude finds a record he thinks is unknown and shares it. Whether you like the cut or not, does it matter? I can understand if he's consistantly wrong it'd be annoying but if not and he wants credit for finding it why shouldn't he? Appreciate you heard something new, if you want the record, remember the sound if thats all you got and keep digging.

And a few words on disparaging Euro Cheese.

Dudes with many years in the game and enduring commitment to the pursuit of vinyl long since sucked the slivers of funk from the marrow of the leviathan behemoth that was the euro/Brit lounge and library canon.

Pickings were slim, and vg+ers and others took pleasure and pride in finding and recognising a few seconds worth of gold amid the vast fruitless tundra of that genre.

But guess what.

Since that seam got stripped bare, those same dudes turned their gaze to the DNA of the carcass, and found that the whole structure was based on an inherent funkiness that mere arrivistes cannot fathom, and it turns out that euro cheese is steeped in the funk of 40,000 years. You either understand or you don't.

That is all.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    parallax said:

b/w

oh wow, excuse me, did not want to hurt dudes feelings, and thanks to skel for defending me haha, im just trying to put a little bit of funk up on the board, getting dissed for not dropping any info is ok by me, and although not much on here these days, sometimes i'll drop knowledge, sometimes just keep it music, no need to get all mad about that homie..

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    upskiboo said:
    parallax said:

b/w

oh wow, excuse me, did not want to hurt dudes feelings, and thanks to skel for defending me haha, im just trying to put a little bit of funk up on the board, getting dissed for not dropping any info is ok by me, and although not much on here these days, sometimes i'll drop knowledge, sometimes just keep it music, no need to get all mad about that homie..

I'm not mad, homie.

I just find you irritating tbh. My bad though. Instead of beaking off, I ought to employ the ignore function.

Carry on.

• parallax said:

All things aside, this was funny!

• You know what's Euro Cheese too? Nico Gomez' Ritual.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Da Vinylmentalist said:
    You know what's Euro Cheese too? Nico Gomez' Ritual.

nooooo way man, yes sure, nico gomez has a lot of euro latin easycheese under his belt haha, ritual is NOT!

• parallax said:
    upskiboo said:
    parallax said:

b/w

I'm not mad, homie.

I just find you irritating tbh. My bad though. Instead of beaking off, I ought to employ the ignore function.

Carry on.

Thats not very kind of you.
    Kindly,

A Kind man,
    Peter H. Kind.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    you know why it's "untraceable"?

because it's sucks ass and no one gives a shit but you.
    let me remind you what funk is supposed to sound like son...

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Uoskidoo irritating? I've always found the man to be a solid contributor to Soul Strut. This seems to speak more to a personal matter than to the man's merit on this site. No disrespect to Parallax in any way, as I think you're dude too. I just think you're wrong on this one.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Upskie is the man! End of story!

kala said:

>

And what the fuck do YOU know about funk, son?

• there's definitely an untraceable funk up in here.

the FUCK y'all been EATIN'?

j/k

HAI GUYZ

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    People still rocking secret squirrel styles? Weird.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    there's definitely an untraceable funk up in here.

the FUCK y'all been EATIN'?

Euro Cheese.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ^^^^^^
    gouda frumunda

skel- imma refrain from being nasty

Damn, was hoping for an old school kala beat down to create a wordle for posterity

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    I remember hearing about Prince Paul blacking out records with a magic marker when he went to the studio because he didn't want people to find out what it was. Secret Squirreling is a lost art.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    kala said:

That is really fucking good!

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    I got some untraceable cigs. Here, take a puff.

The secret is not nicotine.

:-)

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    for what it's worth, i always found upskiboo's posts to be of a constructive and entertaining nature.

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    Secret Squirreling mediocre euro cheese in 2013 is an art that should be lost forever.