How do you roll?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Lets Get It On - Fuckin'

Sexual Healing - Foreplay

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    This poll needs context

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    "Sexual Healing" so over-played. And dem lyrics cornier than Nebraska.

It is a true boner-softener for me.

If I hear it played when I'm out, it makes me feel like a slug, a slug being pissed on by Neptune.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Junior said:
    This poll needs context

Too grown for bubble gum and not at the Jeremih or Juicy J stage of the relationship just yet.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    bassie said:
    Junior said:
    This poll needs context

Too grown for bubble gum and not at the Jeremih or Juicy J stage of the relationship just yet.

Excellent. In that case it's an absolute no brainer - has to be Sexual Healing. That's the only time in a grown folk's life that they can get away with playing that song without either lounge lizarding it up or accompanying every line with a knowing nod and a wink. Too lay it on the line for twice hurt wooing and too nervous grope related for the time when there is no avenue left unexplored. Make the most of that moment.

Let's Get It On has enough facets to it to survive into later life, particularly in the context of the album.

• Who voted for me to drink bleach?

If this is album vs album, Lets Get It On wins hands down.

Song Vs Song....u got a good battle IMO.

• batmon said:
    If this is album vs album, Lets Get It On wins hands down.

Song Vs Song....u got a good battle IMO.

I totally agree.

I remember when Midnight Love came out and I NEVER heard the album get played straight through, whether at a get together,a friends house or on someones box.

I do like that M.L. Deluxe Version. Cool Alt versions.

• Wouldn't play either to be honest but if it were one of the two then Let's Get It On.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Sexual healing. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at the lyrics.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I have friends who are teachers who listen to dancehall and/or rap and I deal with 14 and 15 year olds - we share stories and laugh and tremble and stare off into space in total confusion as to how to handle beyond awkward situations in the halls, caf, dance, etc. with shit like Tyga and Vybz coming out their mouths and ipods.

Folks think Bandz Make Her Dance is not for the kids, at least it is ridiculous and cartoony and disposable. Sexual Healing was downright terrifying to me. I hated when it came on the radio in the car, when it came on at the dance with teachers standing around and when it showed up on TV with a bunch of family sitting around...anywhere that there were adults and this song, I was in physical, stomach turning discomfort. I don't like this song one bit.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    bassie said:
    Sexual Healing was downright terrifying to me.

YES

I dont know about y'all parents but Sexual Healing was a triumphant return for Gaye for my folks.

When I would watch New York Hot Tracks or Friday Night Videos SH was on heavy heavy rotation. And my Mom was feelin' that shit hard.

I dont get the deviant and/or creepy sexual nature steez y'all talmbout.

This was a self-exiled hero coming back and dominating the radio on some quasi-auto biographical shit and making kids take heed.

It was like Magic breaking Latrell Sprewell ankles. This old nigga still got?!!!?!!

And this was before The Big Chill's Kung-Fu Grip/ Re-Discovery.

• neither. i choose "anna's song"

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    On

• dammsdamms 704 Posts
    hexual sealing

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    batmon said:
    Lets Get It On - Fuckin'

Sexual Healing - Foreplay

/thread