Pope-Strut

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2013/mar/12/choose-your-own-pope-pontifficator

So who would you choose?

My selection is based on which one looks the most like a nonce.

While this guy definitely fits that criteria, he just doesn't resonate the evil that Catholocism brings upon the world in the same way that Ratzinger did with his Star Wars Emperor impression and killer eyes.

While 9 out of 10 choir boys wouldn't want to be left alone with this guy, I'm not sure he exudes enough menace either.

These two are henchmen level perverts. Unpleasant, unsavory, likely immoral, but not diabolically nasty enough.

THIS is my pick. A dyed-in-the-wool wrong un. Likes to watch in company, God only knows what in privacy.

Comments

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    salmongang said:

My selection is biased

• Number 1 is the only choice with a side shade so the clear winner for me.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Looks like it's this guy:

We'll probably never have a Pope with as cool a name as Ratzinger again.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I predict at least one lowrider joke and one about the new pope moving all his cousins into the Vatican tonight.

Yawn.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Herm said:
    I predict at least one lowrider joke and one about the new pope moving all his cousins into the Vatican tonight.

Yawn.

I heard the new papal vestments will be made of Cool Ranch Doritos.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Vatocan.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Congrats to Jeffrey Tambor for this honor.

• DJ_Enki said:
    Horseleech said:

Congrats to Jeffrey Tambor for this honor.

I get a little bit of this

and this

and maybe this, as well...

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    for all the poor people of south america and africa you would think they would have a heart to put a brown guy in vatican
    and

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    So in addition to loving long walks on the beach and his pet peeve being mean people, the new Pope "has criticized priests who refuse to baptize babies born to single mothers"

What is the correct response to this? That it's very Christian of him to not want to send babies to hell? Am I understanding this concept correctly?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Fuck the Pope.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    LOL, that's the spirit.

the lady seems pleased about it too!

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    God shill.

:;hated it;;

Although the black:white smoke thing is a very good look.

Quote of the day;

???We come to pray for all who have fallen, sons of the Homeland who went out to defend their mother, the Homeland, and to reclaim what is theirs, that is of the Homeland, and it was usurped...The Homeland cannot exclude from its memory, anyone who was called; it has to take charge of so many hearts with scars, and say thank you to them, to those who stayed on the island or those submerged in the water, to all of them.???

So, the new head of the Catholic Church, who claims to be God's representative on Earth, is someone who supports not only Argentina's territorial claim to the Falklands, but also the decision by a fascist government to invade the islands and attempt to retake them by force.

Like I said, business as usual.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    Quote of the day;

???We come to pray for all who have fallen, sons of the Homeland who went out to defend their mother, the Homeland, and to reclaim what is theirs, that is of the Homeland, and it was usurped...The Homeland cannot exclude from its memory, anyone who was called; it has to take charge of so many hearts with scars, and say thank you to them, to those who stayed on the island or those submerged in the water, to all of them.???

So, the new head of the Catholic Church, who claims to be God's representative on Earth, is someone who supports not only Argentina's territorial claim to the Falklands, but also the decision by a fascist government to invade the islands and attempt to retake them by force.

The recent poll indicated that 99.8% of the Falklands residents want to remain part of the UK.

Horseleech said:
    DocMcCoy said:
    Quote of the day;

The recent poll indicated that 99.8% of the Falklands residents want to remain part of the UK.

Well, considering this dude's infallible, I guess that's 99.8% of the residents who are sinners and going straight to hell.

Further reading.

"[In his book El Silencio, Horacio Verbitsky] recounts how the Argentine navy with the connivance of Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio, now the Jesuit archbishop of Buenos Aires, hid from a visiting delegation of the Inter-American Human Rights Commission the dictatorship???s political prisoners. Bergoglio was hiding them in nothing less than his holiday home in an island called El Silencio in the River Plate. The most shaming thing for the church is that in such circumstances Bergoglio???s name was allowed to go forward in the ballot to chose the successor of John Paul II. What scandal would not have ensued if the first pope ever to be elected from the continent of America had been revealed as an accessory to murder and false imprisonment."

the Catholic Church collaborated very closely with every dictatorship in Latin America, from openly advocating for coups through marches that supported "tradition, family, and property" to ratting out people they thought were "communists." This dude was deep in that too, apparently turning in other priests to the authorities, and knowing about those babies that were stolen from people in jail and given to members of the military. He's also been opposed to any truth commissions to look into this stuff in Argentina.

so y'know, I guess they were trying to dodge that whole pedophilia issue, and the problem of their bank laundering mafia money, so the church's collusion with authoritative regimes seems like a good distraction.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    No mention of his gay marriage/gay adoption stance.....very surprising.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    people still do religion in 2013 ?!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    No mention of his gay marriage/gay adoption stance.....very surprising.

No mention that water is wet either.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    cove said:

People still do politics and get into heated debates over music or sports, so it doesn't surprise me. To me, a 'just in case God exists' man, this stuff is bizarre as obsession with British "royalty"

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    vatican gonna bailout argentina

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    Electrode said:
    cove said:

People still do politics and get into heated debates over music or sports, so it doesn't surprise me. To me, a 'just in case God exists' man, this stuff is bizarre as obsession with British "royalty"

People still do genetics...

Go figure. Lol.
    :-)

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    soon after he was elected an article in the Guardian was posted that referred to him as a "champion of liberation theology" (still up, actually: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/13/jorge-mario-bergoglio-pope-poverty), which made me think I would actually care about the pope for once. but then lots of other sources have been articulating how he worked against that movement when it started gaining steam in Latin America. so yeah... YAWN.

• ostost Montreal 1,375 Posts
    Great, so the new leader of the 'Pedophiles-Bigots-Hatemongers-FairyTales-r-us' is an accessory to murder.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    itt self-righteous soulstrut athiests