Tha Sneaker/Kick/Grown-Man-Shoe-Way Thread Part n

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

I stand corrected...im not mad at the shoes. The Blue sole and Blue shirt work well.

The pants and shirt...whatevs.

Same guy as camo pants, right? He seems to have almost-but-not-quite on lock. Those are really nice pants; I feel like the whole outfit would have worked better if they were allowed to sit full length. And it's all too snug for my taste.
    I appreciate he wants his uniqueness to shine through, but he needs help with execution.

based on his clothes, what would you guess is playing on his ipod?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

I stand corrected...im not mad at the shoes. The Blue sole and Blue shirt work well.

Same guy as camo pants, right? He seems to have almost-but-not-quite on lock. Those are really nice pants; I feel like the whole outfit would have worked better if they were allowed to sit full length. And it's all too snug for my taste.
    I appreciate he wants his uniqueness to shine through, but he needs help with execution.

Sylvers II

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Such a good (and hard) question!

Is it pre- or post-game?

If I saw him on the street, I'd guess investment tips talking book and Fabolous.

• it looks like tweed pants with a tech fabric polo. tucked and buttoned no less. that is the worst look i've seen since his last terrible looks.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

Edit: The shaving kit needs to stay in the car or go into a duffle. It looks real awkward and goofy.

I feel very much the same way.

Full length pants would've been much better, although the snugness is fine imo. Undo that top button on the shirt. The blue hue is a bit strong for the shoes/pants, but not by much. Mismatched belt/shoe is okay. Definitely ditch the toiletry bag and opt for a leather duffel or something, and take off the shades once indoors.

After that, it's a win.

VI, I don't think it's a tech polo. I think it's a fine knit--probably Italian. But never ever ever do the top button on any shirt. It always looks goofy.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    parallax said:
    But never ever ever do the top button on any shirt. It always looks goofy.

Tell that to the cholos I grew up with!

Herm said:
    parallax said:
    But never ever ever do the top button on any shirt. It always looks goofy.

Tell that to the cholos I grew up with!

Ha!

Okay, that's maybe the only time it works lol.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    it looks like tweed pants with a tech fabric polo. tucked and buttoned no less. that is the worst look i've seen since his last terrible looks.

"What is that, velvet?"

Buttoning the top button can be a tough look to pull off for some, but not all.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    The top button is a risky move. But can be a devastating fashion statement if pulled off right.

• i fuxx with the top button when it's correct. i dont do it just to do it. and it definitely has to be the RIGHT polo, and not something that had it's cleaning instructions ignored.

parallax said:
    the snugness is fine imo.

If the fit of a guy's top makes me think of A Night at The Roxbury, I would argue it's too snug.

Much like if the length of a lady's boots remind me of Pretty Woman (before the sugar daddy part kicked in), I would argue they're too high.

• white_tea said:
    vintageinfants said:
    it looks like tweed pants with a tech fabric polo. tucked and buttoned no less. that is the worst look i've seen since his last terrible looks.

"What is that, velvet?"

bassie said:
    parallax said:
    the snugness is fine imo.

If the fit of a guy's top makes me think of A Night at The Roxbury, I would argue it's too snug.

Much like if the length of a lady's boots remind me of Pretty Woman (before the sugar daddy part kicked in), I would argue they're too high.

I meant the snugness of the pants. The snugness of the shirt is fine, too, because he has an athletic build, and not a body-builder's "meat head" build.

My $0.02, but I can see where you're coming from.

vintageinfants said:
    white_tea said:
    vintageinfants said:

"What is that, velvet?"

I will clarify my position and say: as current trends go, there's nothing wrong with this. I actually like it as a statement, but it's not something I can pull off. I'm just not hip enough to make it look genuine, even though I am a young 38.

With respect to personal style, I'm more aligned to a relaxed look.

I still think buttoned all the way up looks goofy most of the time, with a few exceptions. Much the same way wearing a ball cap backwards looks goofy, almost always.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    parallax said:
    Much the same way wearing a ball cap backwards looks goofy, almost always.

• SIRUS said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

Something 100% camp.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

Marvin Gay

hey! eggplant's little brother! stop using his account - don't you have some homework to get to?

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    SIRUS said:
    bassie said:
    batmon said:

R Kelly - Sex in the kitchen

• batmon said:

this outfit sends a very strong message.

and that message is:

"hey guys, if you need some replacement razorblades and some moisturizer for your elbows, i swiped some from the hotel last night"

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Not even trying to be cute with words but I could see Westbrook listening to Bryan Ferry something. That, or the perennial Jigga fave, Coldplay.

• solange westbrooke

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    bassie said:

while i admire him being true to himself -- KEISHA??????

i wonder if he rocks that song pre or post game?

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts

been meaning to get a new pair of loafers soon.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

bassie said:

Let me guess...the dont make those in your size?

I usually dont mess with the Bobby Brady style shoe but these are (insert Shante sample) SO FRESH.