Would you rather see a new season of Chappell or Mr. Show?

downtownrobbrowndowntownrobbrown 446 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
In some kind of fantasy world where this could happen.

Comments

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    Chappell for me. I'd be curious to see how his style would change given all that has happened to his career over the past few years. I suspect Dave/Bob would have a similar style still.

:::threadjack:::
    Is anyone watching Comedy Central lately? A lot of their new shows seem to be overly reliant on offensive language these days for cheap laughs. I watched "The Ben Show" with a dude that used to be on Current TV, and that "Jelsenik Offensive". Jokes/skits were meh at best and damn if every other word was bleeped out.

I found myself getting all CPAC last night watching this stuff...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I dont want to see Chappelle again.

Its was short and sweet. Enjoy it for what it was.

No need for 8 seasons, on some 30 Rock/Curb Your Enthusiasm wear your welcome out shit.

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    batmon said:
    Ditto.

Dude is the Method Man/Ludacris of comedy: Some great shit, for sure, but I kinda feel like we've seen the show, you know?

• Good points in here!

• I'd love to see a "from the vaults" style fifth season of Mr. Show written and filmed at the time the fifth season would have originally aired.

After seeing/hearing a fair amount of recent projects and material the Mr. Show cast (Bob and Dave in particular) are creating, I think the window of opportunity for a fifth season may have passed.

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Mr Show all day

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    batmon said:

Its was short and sweet. Enjoy it for what it was.

No need for 8 seasons, on some 30 Rock/Curb Your Enthusiasm wear your welcome out shit.

Larry has been bringing it solid the whole time. I love every season.

I don't think Chappelle would be good at this point in time in regards to his life changes and our nostalgia.

I could see Mr Show doing a really solid reunion special, much like bobbito and stretch. Come back in to remind everyone how great it was, but don't expect it to be an every day thing.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    Mr Show all day

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Either way this poll turns out, I'm happy they're going to make a new season of one of these shows. This is great news!

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    I voted for Chappelle but meant to vote for show.

:oof:

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Can I get an honorable mention for The Ben Stiller Show?